Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jyounger6 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2011, 10:06 AM
    Doorbell chime will not ring unless button is held continuously.
    Doorbell chime will not ring unless button is held continuously. If I press and release, there is one sound then it stops.
    Kyle_in_rure Posts: 341, Reputation: 10

Aug 21, 2011, 12:21 PM
    What kind of chime is it? A two bell chime, or something else?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2011, 12:47 PM
    Problem just start, new installation?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Doorbell clicks but doesn't chime when button is pushed [ 21 Answers ]

Hi all, I recently moved into a new home, and realized shortly after getting settled that my doorbell button was sticking, which would cause my doorbell to hum. I know that replacing the button is an easy repair, so I bought a new one, and replaced the one that was sticking. I tested it when I...

Doorbell won't ring winchester chime unless button is held continuously. [ 4 Answers ]

I replaced the button unit outside when the old one stopped working. But no the Winchester chime won't continue unless the button is continuously pressed. One press = one sound then it stops.?

Double doorbell chime [ 3 Answers ]

I have doorbell near my garage door and a doorbell at my front door. Both doorbells run through the same transformer to the chime. The garage door button activates the chime. However, the front door button does not activate its chime. I have a light in the front door bell button and the light...

Wired doorbell, dual chime, front and rear door. [ 6 Answers ]

My door bell works only if my finger is held on the pushbuttons. The front door makes a 6-8 digit chime, the rear door makes a dual chime. If the pushbutton is pushed and released, the chimes are shorter and partial. What's wrong?

My doorbell won't ring when pushing button [ 11 Answers ]

I recently took off outside button for the doorbell because it was broke. I bought a new one and it didn't work. There are 2 wires outside and I know they are low voltage when I touch them together I see a little spark so the transformer is working? Am a G.C. but I am stumped do I need to change...

View more questions Search