Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    analeila Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2011, 05:22 AM
    Can a hacker obtain your IP address from your DEACTIVATED Facebook account?
    Can a hacker interested in finding out where you live obtain your IP address from your Facebook account that has been deactivated?
    Someone is trying to hack my Facebook and find out where I live using my IP address.. I tried deleting my account, but this doesn't actually happen until after 14 days. Until then my account is deactivated. Can a hacker still find my IP address if my account is deactivated? If so, how can I prevent this?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2011, 05:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by analeila View Post
    Can a hacker interested in finding out where you live obtain your IP address from your Facebook account that has been deactivated?
    No.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2011, 05:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by analeila View Post
    Someone is trying to hack my Facebook and find out where I live using my IP adress.. If so, how can I prevent this?
    Hello a:

I don't believe a hacker can determine your home address from your IP address, but in the hacker world, anything is possible... Therefore, it would be my view, that the only way to prevent your HOME address from being ascertained on the web, is to NEVER post your home address on the web... Don't put it in emails. Don't put it in your phone, your iPod, your notebook, or your kindle.. Get a post office box and use that.

In fact, I would NEVER put my home address on ANY document that I absolutely didn't have to. The drivers license bureau knows my home address. So does the cable company and my newspaper delivery guy. NOBODY else knows it, and that's the way YOU should be.

excon
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Aug 18, 2011, 05:49 AM
    I would hope not however Facebook is not known for security. If you have proof of being cyber stalked contact the appropriate authorities and file a complaint or obtain an order of protection.
    BK201 Posts: 338, Reputation: 150

Aug 21, 2011, 04:06 AM
    1. I hope you are using an internet where you IP changes every time you connect (Dynamic IP).
    2. In case if you have a constant ip address assigned for your internet connection (Static or Sticky IP) hope you have not sent any emails to that person.
    Otherwise, he can't use your fb account to find your address.
    If number 2 is the situation, you should contact cybercrime if things are serious.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2011, 04:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BK201 View Post
    1. I hope you are using an internet where you IP changes everytime you connect (Dynamic IP).
    In these days of high=speed modems that keep the connection alive IP assignment last a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by BK201 View Post
    2. In case if you have a constant ip address assigned for your internet connection (Static or Sticky IP) hope you have not sent any emails to that person.
    Otherwise, he can't use your fb account to find your address.
    Email to a person outside of FB is not what they are talking about but the receiver would only see info about her ISP's mail server not her address... ever.
    Venecia Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2012, 08:55 AM
    Can someone find my IP address of my computer if I have deactivated my Facebook account?
    Venecia Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2012, 08:59 AM
    Can Facebook allow a Facebook account that was deactivated to be activated for investigation?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I obtain Virginia State Tax Refund on an Indian address? [ 3 Answers ]

How can I obtain Virginia State Tax Refund on an Indian address? I am filing the return on paper from India and providing an Indian address on the form. However, there is no space on the form to provide direct deposit or cheque details. Thanks in advance for the help. Praveen

How to find the registered email address in Facebook [ 2 Answers ]

Hai. I was using Facebook social networking, but I forget my email address through which I have registered. Tell me how to find the email address through which I have opened a Facebook account?

How can I obtain police reports for a specific address from another state? [ 4 Answers ]

Any information that anyone could give me at this point would be helpful and very appreciated. I would like to obtain police and complaint reports from Maryland. In 2006, I was involved in a domestic abuse report along with my mother in law. I would like to know how I can obtain that report as...

Need to obtain IP address from myspace messages [ 4 Answers ]

I pray to god that someone can help me with this one. Long story short: I had to put a restraining order on my boyfriend's ex. She was stalking us and threatened me several times with a gun. She sent me numerous messages on myspace telling me she was going to kill us, etc. she has also driven...

View more questions Search