Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RJT4054 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2011, 03:38 PM
    Carb adjustments on Briggs & Stratton Intek 16.5 ?
    How do you adjust the carberator on the B & S Intek 16.5 Engine?
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2011, 06:48 PM

Besides the idle control on the butterfly there is no adjustment
    Some have a air mixture for low speed .it has a black cap on it.
    Its on the side of the carb.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 14, 2011, 07:25 PM

Maybe if you tell us what issue you have with the engine we can help because you are not going to adjust this carb.
    rstiller Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2012, 07:21 PM
    I have B&S 1220070139B8 that will start and run on full choke. When I take it off full choke to no choke, it dies. I was successful to get it to stay running on the 3rd notch (3/4 choke).

Any ideas?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 17, 2012, 06:57 AM
    Remove and clean the bowl and needle valve with a carb cleaner. Reinstall and see if it runs any better. Also try adding an ounce of SeaFoam carb cleaner to a tank of fresh gas and allow to run for an hour on partial choke. Sounds like your carb is dirty and not giving enough fuel to the mix

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to dismantle a briggs & stratton 18.5HP Intek engine [ 2 Answers ]

Our Briggs & Stratton (Craftsman) rider mower quit working a few weeks ago. Sears came out and while they do not know what exactly is wrong with it, as it does not crank or turn they want to fit new engine or re-cond. One no less than $1000! My husband is trying to work out what caused it to die. ...

18 hp briggs and stratton intek oil blow by dipstick [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Briggs & Stratton Intek 18 HP engine (31H777-0202-E) mounted on a Craftman Lawn Tractor that is about 7 years old. Recently I had notice oil covering the dipstick tube and inside of tractor hood in the area of the dipstick. While the motor was running I removed the dipstick and notice...

Briggs and stratton 14.5 I/C intek [ 1 Answers ]

I need the compression spec for the Briggs 14.5 intek engine. Thank You Kindly Louis D'Amico

Briggs and Stratton Intek won't start [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I have a new Husquvarna LGT2654 (purchased March 29th) with the Briggs and Stratton Intek V-Twin. It's run fine until now. It's been extremely Hot & Dry in the Memphis, Tn. Area and it's been about 3 weeks since I had to cut the grass... Now it cranks and cranks but won't start. I...

View more questions Search