Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mayaz71 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2008, 11:29 AM
    I want to get my wife pregnant
    Hi,

I got marriage on 16th jan-2006 but there is no pregnancy. I got my semen analysis test and my wife's harmones test and tubes test perfect. Doctor told me wait for one year. Now one year is almost finished but still there are no symptoms of pregnancy.
    Please give some guide lines foe me and my wife.

Thanks

Ayaz
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2008, 11:32 AM
    Hello Ayaz:

If you want to get her pregnant, you got to have relations more often than once a year.

excon
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2008, 11:48 AM
    excon, are you playing a joke. =) as you understand the year thing, or are did you really think he hasn't had sex?

you're smart enough you might be doing tongue in cheek... but I can't tell from your post... if not

wait one year means doc commonly say to try "conventionally" conceiving for a time, often a year... if nothing happens the couple might look at fertility aids such as drugs.
    vacwm Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Jan 10, 2008, 11:49 AM
    Hey Ayaz, your wife has to use a chart to take her temperature every morning once she wakes up. That way she will be able to tell exactly when she is ovulating. Based on that, you can time to have the sexual intercourse... hopefully that will increase your chances of pregnancy. If there is not issue with your sperm nor her ovula... then maybe it is just a timinng issue and this might help.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2008, 11:52 AM
    Ayaz

Talk to the doctor.

I'm assuming you are (she is) keeping track of when she's likely fertile? How old are you? Age can certainly affect viability.

Some people can get pregnant just dropping their pants... some try and try and cannot without more help. Talk to the doctor.

There's options, such as fertility drugs, but your specific case needs to be properly reviewed.

Why were the tests run before? You had been trying and didn't get pregnant, then went to the doc and he ran tests, said all is normal and said to try another year?

If that's the case, its time to go back and see him.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2008, 12:02 PM
    Your wife could also try to use ovulation predictor kits. These help detect when she should ovulate, thus better increasing your chances. Now keep in mind, these tests only PREDICT when she should ovulate... they don't actually tell you that she did. To help figure out if she did ovulate you could have her do as the above poster mentioned... tracking her basal body temp (BBT). You body carries a fairly constant waking body temp. when a woman ovulates, her body releases progesterone which is a heat-emitting hormone. This hormone causes her waking body temp to rise. You can Google BBT for more detailed information. Using the ovulation tests in combo with tracking her BBT will help you not only predict when she should ovulate, but then will tell you if she acutally did. It will also help possibly identify a problem.
    For example, my husband and I have been Trying to conceive and I was using ovulation predictor tests. I was always getting positive results but never ended up pregnant. So I started tracking my BBT as well, after about 4 months of tracking I realized that although I would always get a positive ovulation test, my temp wasn't always rising, thus I wasn't releasing an egg every month. I took this information to my OBGYN and she started me on Clomid (a hormone it induce ovulation).

The key here is narrowing down and figuring out when your wife ovulates. He is a site that can help her narrow down her window of fertility by using an ovulation calendar.

American Pregnancy Association : Getting Pregnant: Ovulation Calendar

Also I highly suggest the book 'Taking Charge of Your Fertility' by Toni Weschler. I have it and it is a EXCELLENT resource! I got it on eBay for about $10.

Once you and your wife become familiar with tracking her cycle you could use a chart that I do, it makes everything easier to read and I took these charts into my OBGYN to show her my tracking. I used the "comment" field to write down the results of my ovulation tests.

http://epigee.org/f/pdf/bbtchart_f.pdf

Once you have hit the year mark, your doctor will be willing to step in and try to help.

Good luck!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 14, 2011, 12:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by samuelg View Post
    i want get my wife pregnant but on birth control shot how can i get her pregnant now?
    If your wife wants to conceive, why is she on birth control?

Sounds to me like you're the only one that wants this pregnancy.

Birth control is meant to prevent pregnancy, that's why women take it. So, chances are pretty slim that you'll get your wife pregnant while she's on the birth control shot.

Why not talk to her, like normal couples do, tell her that you're ready for a child, and see how she feels about it. Don't try to trick her into becoming pregnant. That never ends well.
    khaledraky Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2011, 12:23 PM
    Me and my wife already to month trying to pregnant but nothing what should I do

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bi-polar, infertile husband, gives up on wife and life. (by wife) [ 17 Answers ]

I got married nearly 4 years ago. Recently I found out that my husband is bi-polar and has pathological lying disorder. Just before that. We took was out $27,000 for IVF treatment, and long story short he stopped working and would not get a job, created debt, lied about it etc. While I was going...

Wife pregnant by another man [ 5 Answers ]

My wife and are finally going through our divorce. My wife was in rehab from 4/25/07 – 7/21/07. When we filed our paper work we put in the paper work that our kids could not be around anyone she came to know from rehab. The judge asked her if she was pregnant. She answered him by saying no. We...

Wife pregnant by another man [ 4 Answers ]

My wife and I live in Alabama. We have been separated for 7 months. During the separation, my wife became pregnant by another man. We have since reconciled. What are my rights? I have heard through a family friend that, in our state, if a baby is born into a marriage the baby is treated as the...

My wife has her tubes tied can she still be pregnant? [ 5 Answers ]

My wife has her tubes banded, can she be pregnant?

I am in F-1, wife in H-1 [ 1 Answers ]

I am in F-1 visa, and my wife is in H-1. We have been staying in the US since August 2000. Till last year we used to file as "Married filing separately", but this year I figured that if we do that we will pay more taxes. My question is can my wife file "Married filing jointly" for both of us?...

View more questions Search