Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Danny212 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2011, 07:14 PM
    Motor making a screeching noise
    Hello,

My dryer is making an unbearable screeching noise. I have a Figidaire FLEB43RGS2. I thought it was the rear drum bearing because that is what caused it last time but this time it is different. I removed the back panel where the motor, belt, and pulley is and I unattached the belt from the motor (so the drum is no longer connected or spinning). I then started to spin the motor manually with my hand and it makes the screeching noise. Is there any way to get my motor to stop screeching?? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Danny
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 11, 2011, 07:18 PM

If it is the motor itself making the noise then your only choice is to do something with the motor. If your motor is working fine (just making noise) then you might be able to find a local rebuilder for it and they can tell you what is going on. If the motor needs brushs or if a bearing / bushing has gone bad. It should be a lot cheaper then a new motor.
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2011, 09:28 AM
    The bearings for that motor are about $15 a set and very easy to replace. All you need to do is to pull them and replace them which requires a bearing and pulley puller. It's much cheaper than a $150 motor. DrTom4444

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blower motor and squirrel cage making noise [ 0 Answers ]

Do I need to balance the squirrel cage fan? If so how do I do that?

My Maytag Performa dryer is making a horrible screeching noise. How do I fix? [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Maytag Performa dryer that is 5 yrs old. A couple weeks ago it started making a horrible screeching sound when I turn it on and it comes and goes throughout the cycle. The dryer works just fine except for the noise which is so loud, you can hear it outside the house. Trying to save money...

Maytag washer motor making lots of noise [ 0 Answers ]

When I start the load the motor which is normally quiet and starts the water spraying is very loud and doesn't seem to be dispensing water.

Kenmore 80 Series Dryer Making Screeching/Rattling Noise [ 1 Answers ]

Our Kenmore 80 Series dryer is suddenly making a screeching/rattling noise throughout the entire cycle. The dryer seems to be functioning properly - it's heating and drying - but the noise is concerning. Any suggestions on what we could check and adjust to stop the noise?

Screeching noise in shower? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, Our shower makes a horrible high pitch screeching noise every time it is turned on. It does not seem to matter if the water is hot or cold. How do I fix this. Thank you, Laurie

View more questions Search