Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    notimagined Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2011, 09:31 AM
    Flying white parasites -
    I had found several links and writings on the topic of flying parasites but they seemed to end without resolution and I am wondering if anyone if a resolution has been found. Here is my experience:

Buggysbegone and Findit and others suffering with this unusual parasite.

I am also quite familiar with these invisible pests as well as familiar with others' judgment and hurtful comments about me being crazy - family and doctors alike. I will try to keep what I believe to facts brief but to the point - about what I have experience and tried.
    1. I believe these "things" are tiny white/clearish parasites that can appear to simply be dust in the air. However, when watching them closely it can be seen that they seem to have some control to their movement. I used a lamp in a dark room and watched them (mannnny of them). Related to that, I went out to my car after not having driven it for a couple days and when I opened the door it was as though the white specks exploded out of the car. I wish I could have caught that on file.
    2. I find that there are white and hairlike and fuzz like pieces that are in the air. I believe that there is a stage in which the white pieces become round - those pieces land on the skin and I think the next stage is when they become black specks. I think the black specks bore into the skin. I used to put on cream and even spray apple cider vinegar on my skin when I started to get that "uncomfortable" feeling - not like a bit but more of a digging in my skin. When I take the unscented (rectangular shaped baby wipes - the brand at Walmart works well - in purple package) and I rub over the area that feels uncomfortable a high percentage of the time I will find a black speck on the wipee. Finding and removing them at this stage has saved me many a bite! This method has worked extremely well and kept my skin under control. I also take Benadryl Allergy as needed to keep the sores dried out. Ledum pollustre (spelling) is a homeopathic item that can be used - 5 under the tongue - do not touch pills - read directions, of course - that seemed to help with the sensations but I have not used that long term) as benadryl is working well enough right now - when I have used up that I will try ledum again.
    3. I have found the a shampoo which is to prevent lice and has lemongrass scenting helps keep me from getting bites on my head (comes in lime green container and I got it walgrees). I have also worn a shower cap in the evening because I get a veil like feeling in the evenings like the specks are filling the air and getting on my head. I have also slept with the cap and that has helped though my head gets warm - still with the lemongrass shampoo in my hair I don't feel as though I am providing a growing environment for them.
    5. I have stopped not only washing my clothes on hot - now washing clothes in tap water temp - cool, I also shower in cool water. Hot showers seemed to make it worse and hot washing and drying seemed to cultivate more and imbed bugs deeper into fabrics - I threw out mannnny pieces of clothing and everything else - couch, mattress, carpet - towels (I buy open weave towels - never terry cloth because there is less depth and I can see if there is anything in the fiber). I also stopped washing the few pieces I wear in washer and now wash by hand and use a bar soap - sulfer/lavendar. I have found my clothes to be MUCH more comfortable without going through the washer - I feel that not only does the washing/spin pressing the items in but the steam encourages more growth - dryer the same thing. I wash by hand and then dry in the son. Though I have concern for hanging clothes outside, thus far the clothes are very comfortable. I also read somewhere that closed could be ironed to kill any remaining bugs.For the shower, instead of a washcloth I have started using one of those plastic mesh handheld bathing scrubbers as it is pourous and non fabric. While I am thinking of it another thread I read, said that blinds are good hiding places for bugs and shades are easier to wipe down -I thought that was useful information.

Having done the bug bombing, exterminator, chemical sprays, bleach! you name it - putting it everywhere and everywhere, I have gone to Apple cider vinegar to wipe counters, and spray around - floors and up to ceilings, drawers to wipe out, etc.

I used permethrin after being diagnosed with Scabies though I never felt that is what this was yet was grateful for a documented issue. The permethrin worked for a short period only. No amount of cleaning has resolved the issue and I do not intend to do another dose. A weakened immune system is supposedly why certain people get these things and others don't. I have started taking a black walnut, etc tincutre, echinaccea to build my immune system and a B12 complex which is supposed to be the same formula as the shots and works best.

The sulfer lavendar soap I got was purchased from http://www.dermisil.com - they have a number of other items and I am awaiting arrival of some treatment for scabies. I believe since they are mites, it is worth a try and all organic. I cannot wait for the cream to arrive and see how that works versus the thought of putting Permathrin on ever again. I also purchased the mange item and the shampoo that goes with it. My cats are acting as though they have something on them - and had been treating them for fleas - waste of money and did nothing.

I bag my clean clothes immediately after drying and tie them up tightly. I used to bag my dirty clothes but now I have a dishpan that I put the dirty clothes in and suds up the items I am taking off for the shower before I get in the shower, then when I get out of the shower I suds up the cloth for washing and drying (I use a non terry cloth hand towel size towel to dry off - easier to wash by hand and I adjusted).

Clothing - I buy lightweight and open weave clothes - e.g. buy "tissue" cotton shirts - they are a much more open weave. I find that the bugs can tuck themselves away in tighter weave/elastic, ribbed fabric and stretchy fabric. I can't tell you the number of times I felt forced to throw away good clothes because of the prickly sensations when putting on freshly washed clothes. I found that IRONING the tighter woven clothes helps though you have to get every inch of the item but even if you miss a spot it is still more bearable than not. I read that one person was washing in borax and ammonia and then ironing - my thought is I would avoid chemicals such as ammonia and have tried borax which seems to help but if you are still having to iron, they didn't do the trick and I would not go that route - less chemicals the better.

I have also purchased lemongrass oil, lavendar, peppermint oil, eukolyptus oil and and put a few drops of each in a spray bottle and spray that around. I will also dab my scalp, ankles, neck, etc. wherever I feel concern - particularly when going to bed. UPDATE have used oregano oil - dabbed in spots and that strong smell seems to be a deterrent as well.

I use an air mattress and a small travel size pillow (which I put in a plastic bag and I use a shower curtain liner (two bucks at target) as a cover. I have a small electric cooler that I have used (versus a swamp cooler on roof) and I add the oils to the container that I fill with water to try to spread that around. UPDATE I have recently started adding oregano oil - which is quite potent and seems to help as well.

I took a flashlight and held it parallel to the floor about chest high but off to my side and watched - although chaos initially, after waiting for a period, I saw little white specks - grain size (like little dashes and some hair like pieces were in the air - eventually the specks started to align and I could see them for a good three feet - all in a single stream but occasionally there would be small cluster or just a few but then back again into the line. I took a piece of packaging tape and put the sticky side facing outward and held the flashlight to capture a number of them.

I am now awaiting a portable microscope I purchased on eBay that has both camera and video and I will be looking at a number of samples I have saved on scotch tape.

We had two batches of baby bird hatches (quite oddddd) one in the spring and another just a few weeks back in summer- we thinkkkk the two nests that are on the porch may be the source of the mites - but not certain at this time if these are the source or a relative who may be a carrier. We are getting a hold of a bug guy to see if they can be removed asap.

I empathize with every one of you suffering with this but let's all hang in there and fight the good fight. Please be sure that if you find the "cure" that you come back and post on this site - others are counting on you and needing an answer. I will, of course, do the same.

I apologize if I have repeated myself or for typos, or if my writing is out of order but my intent was to share as much as I could think of with you in hopes it may help. p.s. I have a cousin that is suffering with the same symptoms. Let's find a cure for this and help others to avoid suffering as we have.

If any of you are out there that have input or suggestions or found a resolution, please post back and let's share what we know as others are suffering. Thanks

jcaron2 Posts: 986, Reputation: 204

Jun 22, 2011, 12:19 PM
    When you get your microscope, please post back with some pictures of your samples.
    angel74 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2011, 01:39 AM
    I think people are being critical because they think, you are saying lint flies... of course we all know it doesn't fly on it's own... can be floating to cause movement. There are millions of new parasites, that are discovered everyday... even in USA. I would think that these new white one's are imported from another country... brought here from travelers or shipped here on whatever product (clothing) most likely! There's been SEVERAL complaints from Walmart & Old Navy(all over Usa)! My whole point being, people just LOVE to judge others, I think it makes them feel better! Now when the time comes, where they are faced with something... it's always a different story!! Learn to be RESPECTFUL AND NICE PEOPLE! Just because one cannot see something or personally doesn't have something, DOESN'T MEAN IT'S NOT REALLY THERE. A lot of people, on SEVERAL forums have been mentioning this new pest. Take Care, and I hope your ailment goes away very shortly!!

Jun 24, 2011, 03:12 AM
    Hello everyone dealing with this TINY,FLYING,BITING/BURROWING,WHITE parasite/pest,
    My son & I have been dealing with this for 15 months and there's a few things we have learned, that may help someone get this under control! We still have but, it's not nearly as bad as it was... the start of this invasion was so HORRIBLE! I really could just cry, even thinking of those days! We started getting bitten/stung by something we really couldn't see@the time. You will get bitten and there's just a black speck there?? Every night it will happen... then it will lead to nonstop crawling and biting all night long from dusk until dawn! I have tried everything in the world and I am going to tell you what works so, you can at least get sleep and the infestation down! We used a spray bottle filled half way with water, fill it up w/vinegar(until almost top)add about a cup of salt and fill it the rest of way w/lemon juice! Mix and just spray yourself down from hair to toes, even genitals! This helped us tremendously, while on the skin! At least, we could get some sleep!! I even took a washcloth and soaked it in this and slept with it right on my face! Drenched papertowel and used it as earplugs for the night!lol... u got to do what you can to sleep because, these things just tortured both of us! Wash HOT daily w/ammonia added with borax and soak for at least 2-3hours(u will see little white balls floating in the water when it's soaked long enough). Be careful w/these white dots though... they detach from clothes but, they are still alive. These things form a bubble sround themselves in water(clear bubble) and will just attack you from everywhere if you aren't careful. Even in the bathtub(if do see tiny bubbles in there get out and flush the bubbles down because, I got severely attacked one night! Just to be safe, I now rinse the tub w/scalding water and rerun a new bath!) Dry high BONE DRY! In bath, we soaked with Arm&Hammer laundry soap(2cups)and peroxide(up to 4bottles)and at least one container of seasalt! Peroxide really helps! It does kill these things! Remember to soak your hair as well! Rinse off in shower and scrub(exfoliate)... this will get most of them off u! Wash same thing w/hottest water! Soak at least, a couple of hours! Then we started to notice, the white dots and worm(threadlike)things! It is as small as lint flying in air! They are really fast and much easier to see in dark w/computer light or t.v. It resembles a c shape but, curls up into a ball to crawl. So, it goes from a straight line to a c to a dot! These things jump as well! These are all in your,mouth,nose,hair,genitals,anus,etc... Mine are in my feet/face the worst so, I wear socks with the tops rubberbanded so, they cannot crawl up my legs as much! It helps a lot! We did several treatments of Permethrin and otc Lice treatments w/pyrethrins. Leave on skin/hair a couple of hours(this will get their numbers way down)! For the house clean with ammonia and flea spray esp. w/nylar! Spray your house everyday esp. where you sleep! This kills them! The eggs, we still have and if you let up on cleaning or spraying, they will be back in large numbers! I am guessing, inside the skin because they are nowhere else! For the car, spray these products and park in the heat! When it gets really warm outside the car will heat up and kill them! Vacuum often, everything and wrap bag in dispose of asap! Hepa vac works best! Just remember to dispose of asap in tied garbage bag as well! These things will stay away somewhat, if a light is left on! Most of these are inside your body and skin already! I have tried for 1.1/2yrs to figure out exactly what this is and nobody has a clue? I have come down to, something to do w/mold&fungus OR a major internal(other) parasite problem!? I can feel movement of a rather large nature, inside my feet esp... it's scary! We still get stung/bit about a week or so out of a month! It's when the eggs hatch... if I could figure that out-they would be gone! Good luck & hope this helps someone w/atleast some sleep! One more thing, when these things are on the face, it will look like severely dry,flaky skin until, you try to pull it off the face(then it will resist)(very hard to pull out of skin)... I still have a few inside the pores on the outlines of my lips! So GROSS! I really wish we could find out what they are/where they came from? Take Care!
    P.S) Use menthol lotion or powder(green goldbonds) on skin after bathing-they hate it! Doesn't kill them, it just I believe makes them stay inside your skin/off of you for awhile! If we get bit now, I soak the bite in peroxide asap and helps a lot! GOOD LUCK! Hope we all get cleared very quickly!!
    jcaron2 Posts: 986, Reputation: 204

Jun 24, 2011, 05:13 AM

notimagined/angel74/coolmixes: I hope you didn't take my previous response as being critical. If you're being infested by these things, we need to see what they are before being able to figure out how to get rid of them. You did exactly the right thing by capturing some on a piece of tape. Now you need to take some pictures with the microscope and upload them for us so we can try to ID the little suckers.

Jun 24, 2011, 07:11 AM
    Comment on angel74's post
    Angel74 I have had three days of no symptoms. Here is what I have discovered and done. I have started spraying the ceiling! We have a textured ceiling and believing these things are airborne, I started spraying the ceiling with this mixture. I take a large spray bottle and fill it almost to the top with water and I add lemongrass oil, peppermint oil, eukalytus oil, lavendar oil AND oregano oil (called oreganol). I shake the little bottle 2 or three times to get a good amount in the bottle. Then I spray the ceilings, the walls, the corners and the blades on a ceiling fan for more disbursement. I spray theair and then the floor but on the floor I also sweep a cup or two of borax around the floor (I have found sweeping works wells because it leaves residue of borax). I have seen and felt and instant difference and although every day I am in anticipation of the worst, I feel they are gone. I have continued to take benadryl allergy to keep things dried out. Continued

Jun 24, 2011, 07:19 AM
    Continued because the character count ran out to add more words:
    Have applied menthylatum dabs here and there on body including butt area.. I wash clothes by hand in sulfer lavendar soap and dry outside. I do NOT use hot water. I spray car and CEILING of car and floor and seats and dashboard, etc, everywhere with same oils/water mixture. I wear sandles that I put in shower with me and wash with sulfer lavendar soap and a lemongrass lice prevention soap from walgreens and have washed whole body with that. I have been pour echinacea and a black walnut tincture into a bottle of water and drink daily and take b12 in the form of methylcobalamin. I pray and read bible daily and have rebuked satan with conviction and out loud! God bless and I hope this works for someone out there.

Jun 24, 2011, 07:24 AM
    Comment on jcaron2's post
    I did receive portable microscope but the clarity was not good. I am returning and have been informed there is a better version of the same microscope that should work. I did find that two of my black specks were loose threadlike but others looked like the shape of an arrowhead and interestingly appeared brownish with a yellow halo - though that could be the microscope (again, I could not magnify to the extent needed to see clearly.) Also some of the white samples appeared to be oval shapped with two antennae or something. Definitely looked like something interesting.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 24, 2011, 07:29 AM

Notimagined... Please do not use the comments feature, but rather scroll down to the Answer box. You will have much more room to respond. And, remember that paragraphs are your friend!
    cleatus Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2011, 05:48 PM
    Wow. I have been dealing with this for a several months now and doctors don't really have any answers I have done several treatments with Permethrin which really didn't do anything. It kept them at bay while the cream was on but as soon as I showered it off they were back. I have also done a couple of treatments with an oral drug called ivermectin. That also helped temporarily. Doctors just want to put you on depression medicine. Something's that have helped with me are washing my bedding daily in Borax, Bleach and hot water. When I wash my clothing a put it in XL Ziploc bags. In order to sleep at night I have been putting Listerene in a spray bottle and spray it all over my skin. I don't know why but it seems to keep them away at night. Just within the last couple of days I have started using Grandpa's Pine Tar Soap and that seems to help a lot... they don't seem to like the smell. Other things that I use are Tea Tree Oil, Peroxide, Neem Oil, Neem Oil Lotion and Sarna Lotion. I use Diatomaceous Earth (Food Grade) all over the carpet around the house and on my mattress. All of these things help but nothing seems to get rid of them. If anyone can help or comes up with a cure I would love to know about it.

For all you that are suffering with this awful illness I will keep you all in my prayers.

Thanks,
    ME

Jun 25, 2011, 08:01 AM
    Dear all,

I sincerely believe I have found the resolution as I posted.
    It is to spray the CEILINGS. What I used was "NOW" brand eukalytus, lavendar, peppermint and lemongrass WITH an oregano oil called OREGANOL (other oregano oils were not the same). Because these things are airborne, getting the ceiling, walls and area with the walls join as well as blinds, etc etc etc with a solution of water in a large spray bottle and ample drops of each of those ingredients made all the difference in the world. I spray my car ceiling and everywhere else in my car with tha same solution. I spray counters, toilet seats, shower curtain, bathroom, air vents, etc with same.

I wash clothes by hand in and COOL water, NOT HOT and dry in the sun (if you think this mite be bird mites check if there are bird nests outside before hanging clothes out near them). I feel that by handwashing with a sulfer/lavendar soap (www.dermisil.com has this bar soap) that I am getting clean but not pressing bugs into the fabric and then when I rinse and squeeze out, there is some residue of the soap remaining which is a deterrent.

I take cool showers. I suds my hair with a lemongrass shampoo (a lice preventative). I have used that same shampoo to wash my body. After I suds my hair, I lather up my body with first turning the water OFF to let it remain on skin for a while before washing off. I put my sandles in the shower with me to wash them as well. I have just started drying off with paper towels and use a plastic mesh shower body scrubber (not fabric)and suds that up with soap before I leave the shower.

As necessary, I use hydrogen peroxide to wipe off any areas that feel funny (unscented wipees I mentioned but either work well). I also have been putting menthylatum dabs here and there - when going to bed - feet, neck, face - anything that is exposed. I use an air mattress and a shower curtain liner and a travel size pillow that I bag. I also use benadryl allergy to keep all dried out. That's it.

The key to all of this however, I strongly believe is prayer and rebuking satan OUT LOUD and with conviction. It seems many of those who have written are Believers - that may be the most logical tie here.

My prayer is for all of you to be rid of this NOW. Life awaits, have faith and BELIEVE - In Jesus' name.
    I must move forward but my thoughts and prayers will continue on your behalf. God Bless

Jul 3, 2011, 09:57 PM
    Hi-that is a really great idea... never thought of spraying the ceilings.I am glad it is working for you... I also pray to god to make this nightmare end... gone on way to long!! Keep me posted... One question before I go, Do you notice white dots and/or tiny white balls(almost look like crystalized)... let me know if you see these on you or in your home particularly in soaking laundry?? Take Care!

Aug 2, 2011, 09:34 AM
    The final answer to all of this DO NOT FIGHT THE PARASITES (particularly do not use chemicals) RATHER WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN IS YOU MUST IMPROVE YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM. As noted, not all people are bothered by the parasites. However, those with weakened immune systems are attacked. By using chemicals and taking extreme measures you are ultimately weakening your immune system and the parasites are more able to attack you. I have been recently using Cat's Claw for immune boosting (tincture) and also Black Walnut/Wormwood to fight parasites from inside out (tincture). I put both tinctures into PURIFIED bottled water. I take as directed but have been advised that if I start feeling buggy (not bites) but buggy, to cut back on the products as they may make me have that buggy/crawly feeling. I also have been taking a tablet that is for clearing out the liver as I have soooo much chemical toxins still remaining in my body from all the chemicals I used in the air and on me personally.
    I know it is scary to even think of not fighting the parasites. However, if you feel you must continue - use only natural products - like lemongrass soap and peppermint oils, and natural cleaning products. You have to focus on keeping your immune system UP and working. I do not know how to eradicate the parasite but by keeping up your immune system they cannot get their strength in numbers by biting you.

I sincerely believe this is the answer for stopping the insanity. Should someone get a name for these things and find out where they come from, etc. I'd be interested in hearing about it but other than that, focus on the immune system is the way I am continuing to go and heal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What is this flying insect? White spec's [ 13 Answers ]

So Many Seem to have this same white dust like flying insect that bites and goes into the skin & attacks any cuts or lessons you may have making it impossible to heal. Little lines on your skin feels like a razor cut I read that this is worst 2 months out of the year July and August but my...

White lint looking parasites on clothes [ 2 Answers ]

I have white. Lint looking parasites on my clothes,towels,etc. If I wet the lint and look at it through a magnifying glass ,I see little red larva or eggs. Please respond.

White winged flying human biting insect [ 1 Answers ]

Please help me identify insect. We were thinking it was a bird mite, but looking at the pictures, the characteristics of my insect doesn't match totally with a bird mite. It is white in coloring, has pinchers, legs and almost transparent wings. It lands and bites, it also leaves a red spot on...

Tiny white parasites that look like lint [ 6 Answers ]

Will they make me sick or cause my death?

View more questions Search