Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danexpert Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2010, 12:33 PM
    How can I find out if someone has taken out an insurance policy out on me?
    Is there a way to find out if an insurance policies exist under my name?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 27, 2010, 12:46 PM

Not unless you know the insurance company, but I don't think anyone can randomly take an insurance policy out on anyone just by giving the insurance company a name and address. In order to cash in an insurance policy upon death, one must be accessible to the death certificate to produce before any money is given out. Why are you suspicious ? Explain.

tick
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jul 27, 2010, 01:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by danexpert View Post
    Is there a way to find out if an insurance policies exist under my name?
    Simple - if someone took out a life insurance policy on you it's because you approved it, as the insured must designate the beneficiary. No one else can take a life insurance policy out on you without your consent. An exception would be that parents/guardians can take out a policy on their minor children - is that what you're asking about?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 27, 2010, 04:12 PM

And the policy would not have to pay out since to have a valid policy there has to be a insurable interest
    thebaby1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2011, 09:26 PM
    Can I cash in a life insurance policy that my decesed grand father paid for me
    Expert

Aug 1, 2011, 05:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by thebaby1 View Post
    can i cash in a life insurance policy that my decesed grand father paid for me
    Please do not tag a new questeion onto an old thread. You should start a new question instad. But to answer your question: the insurance company can tell you whether the policy has a cash value, and if so how to go about cashing it in. So contact the insurance company.
    QueenColleen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2011, 09:50 AM
    I have heard of a lot of instances where people forge other people's signatures and take out life insurance policies on their loved one's behalf. If a spouse takes out the policy on their spouse, they will have access to the death certificate, and can collect; unlawfully. We can't be naïve folks, this does happen. In knowing that answer, going back to the initial question, how can we search to find these policies before its too late?
    Expert

Nov 10, 2011, 03:08 PM
    Queen - I don't understand what your concern is. So suppose my wife takes an insurance policy out on me without my knowledge, naming herself as beneficiary. Then I die and she collects. So what?
    comfort1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2012, 08:09 PM
    I know a family member who does not know how to read and understand very well, he was asked to sign papers and now believes that a family member may have sign him up for life insurance!
    Wolf Edwards Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2012, 01:30 PM
    I know you may think I'm stupid, but the fact is I was a trustful husband. My wife had a person come to the house for blood & urine sample on me before I left for work and yes I signed for it; I didn't know the company; never seen the paperwork and didn't know she was dating a friend of mine for the last two years. Now I am divorced they are shaking together and I would like to cancel that policy... since I'm worth money to them it would allow me to sleep better. Can you help me to find the company via my SS# and request they cancel the policy? Thanks Wolf
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 26, 2012, 01:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Edwards View Post
    . Can you help me to find the company via my SS# and request they cancel the policy? Thanks Wolf
    We don't have the resources, nor do we do this type of investigating, nor any investigating. You can do this yourself, if you have the time.

If your wife took the insurance out on you, I think she would be the one to cancel it anyway.

You wouldn't want to divulge your SS # to anyone anyway; which would be opening up a can of worms for you.

You need someone versed in and able to do computer forensics.

Another tip is, please don't piggyback on someone else's post. You would get better information (but not what you request per se) from starting your own thread. May even ideas on how to accomplish your task. This is only being seen by whoever posted, answered the original.
    cheeryofpomona Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2012, 02:35 PM
    Way to Go!! Get in the real World. WALMART has and continues to take out policies for life and death on MOST of its employees.All over the world. They keep those records you paY FOR THE POLICY... Kiting the funds WHO-BOYO! It Does... They have their own self-insurance and in-house corp. Insurance.Part-timer or full-timers even the non-management AUTOMATIC pOLICIES, A PIGGY BANK FOR THE CORPORATION WITH EVERY BREATH THE EMPLOYEES TAKE... they rake in the money both ways and NO YOU DID NOT "approve It or know or Sign Anything" They are WALMART!! Humph!! Do what-ever they d*** decide to! Walmart HQ in ARK. Is phony to a Profit... Profitable schemes welcome. Cycle the money back... invested like other insurance profits are/ is... Get the Idea?? No one BUT THEM ever is a BENEFICIARY... just a dirty little secret, taken out of your check. AND they don't pay for they funerals or memeorials or to Survivors/Families/Minors. Their Policy Their BIG Side Business(heh-heh-heh)Too Bad WE'RE WALMART you Suckers!! Yes they know when you die... but who says walmart can honestly ppolice itself and wait to pay itself upon death? Who would regulate these secret accounts in a MEGA CORP. No one touches them not even US Govt.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I cannot find out what life insurance company a policy was written on. [ 7 Answers ]

My dad had a life insurance policy, with me as the sole beneficiary. I was not aware of it until after his death, when my daughter and a close family friend reminded me. They remembered him talking about it but didn't know what insurance company. My nephew was the executor. When my dad died my...

How to find out if my deceased father have an insurance policy? [ 2 Answers ]

How to find out if my deceased father has an insurance policy in the state of Peoria, Il?

How can I find out if there was a life insurance policy on my son? [ 1 Answers ]

My son died under mysterious reasons. I just want to check to see if he was murdered For money or his social security number.

My dad recently died and I want to find out my rights as to his life insurance policy [ 3 Answers ]

My father recently passed and I want to find out if I have any benefits how do I find this out

How do I find out whether my dad had an insurance policy? [ 3 Answers ]

How do I dind out whether my deceased dad had an insurance policy

View more questions Search