Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    awuebker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2011, 09:40 PM
    Is there a minimum child support for the state of Indiana?
    My ex is behind in child support because he has been without a job for 2-3 years. I have not reported him because "how can you get blood out of a turnip". I have been patient and do not want to see him go to jail or whatever else could happen... He is now taking me into court to lower his child support. He tells me he doesn't know what he is doing and just wants the court to sort things out and doesn't even believe he will be able to pay the reduced amount (because of not having a job). He trying to decrease the amount that accumulates so quickly in the rears. Is there a state minimum that would be imposed upon him?( and we have 2 children) He is remarried and has a child that is 1 1/2 years old and he is claiming that he is staying at home with this child.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 30, 2011, 05:58 AM

The answer is no:

Indiana Child Support Rules and Guidelines

There is a lot there, but it specifically states there is no minimum. Income is reviewed on a case by case basis.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child support in Indiana-18 or 21? [ 5 Answers ]

My husband and I live in Florida and his daughter lives in Indiana. She and her mother do not speak to us. The child has not been allowed to see her father for about 6 years. Her mother is remarried and they are on welfare, public assistance, etc. We were counting down that we only have 2 years...

Legal age in Indiana to stop child support for a child in college [ 4 Answers ]

I need to know when I can legally stop paying support on my step son who is going to be 22 and is still in college

Child support in the state of Indiana [ 1 Answers ]

College kid in the state of Indiana will be 21 can child support be stopped upon the kid turning 21

When does child support end in Indiana State [ 2 Answers ]

My son turned 20 this summer, is living at home and working part-time. He attended College two semester. I paid $300 per month, $1,000.00 in tuition and over $2,000.00 in computers and book fees while he was in College. The cost of living is higher and I am not able to help him this year. My son...

View more questions Search