Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    samsparkle82 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2008, 12:14 PM
    Late period and now brown spotting
    Hi, I'm 29 and my husband and I have been trying to conceive for the last year.
    My periods have always been regular until this month. I'm 4 days late now but 2 days ago started to see a scant amount of brown discharge, usually only when I wipe. (Sorry for the graphics.)
    I'm starting to worry now as I took 2 HPTs and both came back negative.
    I'm experiencing some signs of possible pregnancy, fatigue, feeling sick although I've not actually been sick, tenderness in breasts and generally not feeling quite right.
    Please, is there an answer to what's going on with my body.
    We would love to be pregnant but if not have you any ideas what could be going on.
    Thanks if you can help... x
    TCHRbyTrade Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2009, 10:23 AM

Samsparkle82, I am right there with you! I am now 15 days late with negative hpt test. I scheduled a doctors appt for Friday but called to cancel when I saw brown discharge. It is only when I wipe, doesn't even show up on a liner. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 8 months now. I am normally very regular. I will take another hpt tomorrow morning if the spotting has stopped.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2009, 01:16 PM

Give it another week and see if your period is just going to show up late this month... try another test at that time if need be. You might even skip this month altogether.

If still negative, see what happens next month and test then if still no period... or you can try a test every week... or see your doctor. They will likely do a urine test in the office, but they might go ahead an order a blood test since you have been trying for a fair amount of time.

Continue to treat yourself as though you might be pregnant with good choices in what you eat and your activities... don't forget the prenatal or multivitamins as well.

Hopefully not too much longer for both of you... :)
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2009, 11:41 PM

Fingers and toes are crossed for the both of you
    kharla23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2011, 07:33 PM
    Hi , I have had my period late for two months now! I took one pregnancy test and it came out negative. I had brown spotting in may for only three days ! My stomach feels weird and when I touch it or poke it, it hurts! Please comment back I need some opinions! - kharla-

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm 5 days late and see brown spotting does this mean I'm pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

I had my period June 1-6 Then I had sex June 28 and expected my period on July 4th I didn't get it and I had sex again on July 5th I'm now 5 days late and on July 7th I started noticing brown spotting and pinkish only when I wiped after using the bathroom. We used a condom both times! Could I...

Light period brown spotting then red [ 1 Answers ]

Help. My doctor says I have to wait and see how the cycle progresses. But here it is I started a light period 1 week before I was due after 3 days I started very light brown spotting after a week of that I have started red spotting. 2 pregnancy test that were negative. Is this a miscarriage or...

Brown spotting before period while on the pill [ 3 Answers ]

I have had some brown spotting for about a week and I had sex with my boyfriend about a month about a few days after my period ended. I have asked my friend and she says that I have some symptoms of being pregnant. I have been online for days looking up my symptoms,which are lower stomach cramps,...

Brown spotting/period [ 3 Answers ]

Today, isn't a period day or anything, but I'm having a brown discharge, and I'm not sure why. About a week or so ago, I took the day after pill because my boyfriend and I's condom ripped. Is this a sign that it's working, that it's not working, or what? I'd really like to know what this means,...

Late period, spotting... Could I be? [ 1 Answers ]

I am a few days late on my period and for the past few days I have been noticing a little blood and brown spotting when I wipe. My breast are a little sore and I have been feeling realllllllly tired no matter how much I sleep. Should I wait a little longer to make sure my period doesn't come? Does...

View more questions Search