Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ramona_ Posts: 222, Reputation: 47

Jul 28, 2011, 06:42 PM
    Abdominal pain, bloating, breathing short and can't lay on stomach
    I got into bed tonight and was laying on my stomach and I started to get a sharp pain in my central lower abdomen, I sat up and felt nauseous and had very short breaths and felt like I had forgotten to breathe properly. My hands became a little shaky and body tense and a little twitchy. Also, I'm so bloated it looks like I'm pregnant, my stomach is hard and big when I stand up. I haven't been for a "number 2" since last night and I'm currently on my period. What could this be and/or what is causing this!
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2011, 06:56 PM

Depending on where the pain is your apendix could be the culprit. If the pain persists I'd see the doctor as soon as you can. Or you could have a bowel obstruction.
    ramona_ Posts: 222, Reputation: 47

Jul 28, 2011, 07:02 PM
    It starts about an inch above my belly button and a finishes 2/3 inches below my belly button. Its been going on for about a week or so but not this bad at all. Very difficult to pass excriment but I have been burping a lot! I have just moved out into my own flat and I'm not registered at a doctors at the moment, would a nhs walk in centre be able to help?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2011, 07:11 PM

My mother was a nurse and she taught me that your appendix is situated right above the right hip bone about 2 fingers next to each other.

What concerns me is the burping and nausea. You could have some gallbladder problem also. If you have sharp pains in your back right under your shoulder blades then it's the gallbladder.

I am in the US and don't know anything about England's NHS, but I'd call them up and do whatever you have to do to get into the doctor's before you have to be admitted into the Emergency Room.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 29, 2011, 12:37 AM
    Periods, constipation, and gas all produce those symptoms.
    You've said before that you tend to be constipated. Work on that.
    But I also agree with twink. Appendicitis doesn't have to be acute; it can happen slowly. Gallbladder problems do cause gas, nausea, and bloating.
    It's impossible to diagnose online.
    But given the questions you have asked here before, I wonder if it's just nerves and constipation.
    amir ali1209 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2012, 10:27 PM
    If your pregnant 3 month and you have stomach pains and bloating and is hard for you to breath

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Severe stomach bloating and hardness [ 11 Answers ]

For about a week, maybe longer, I have been experiencing severe bloating in my upper stomach. It looks like I'm pregnant. My stomach is harder than a rock and it hurts from being so stretched out. At night I have to sleep with a pillow under my belly so it won't hurt. And it is making me have to...

Pain in the stomach, It gets worst when I lay down . [ 2 Answers ]

Pain is more when get out of bed at morning. If stand or sit pain intensity reduces, but increases when lay down. During first five days of monthly period( MC)

Why does it hurt when I lay down on my stomach? [ 2 Answers ]

OK when I lay down on my stomach it hurts very bad.. I haven't seen my period for like 3 months. I know I'm not pregnant so what do you tjink it is

Bloating with abdominal pain! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. My friend has severe cramps. But its all over her stomach, kind of reminds her of the pain contracts. She has NO other symptoms except for bloating. This has lasted for two days now, and has gotten worse. Does anyone know what the heck this can be?

Extreme bloating and total lower/mid abdominal pain [ 1 Answers ]

Twice in a little over a month I've experience severe abdominal cramping and bloating that feels like an over abundance of gas just looming inside. This "gas" does not pass it just eventually after a day goes away (no burping/flatulence). The first time it woke me up, the second time in the...

View more questions Search