Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LauCP Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2011, 04:05 PM
    I had my nose pierced with a gun?
    Today I had my nose pierced with a gun, and I'm really worried. The jewellery is basically a stud without a back, which obviously isn't the proper jewellery! Can I change the jewellery so soon? I don't want to end up with scarring or an infection! What shall I do?
    pepsiithrowback Posts: 9, Reputation: 0

Jun 29, 2011, 07:51 AM
    Don't change the nose ring so soon, you will regret it.. and bad choice of piercing method
    ramona_ Posts: 222, Reputation: 47

Jun 30, 2011, 12:18 PM
    No nose piercing jewelry has a back. Either it's an L shape stud (you have to bend it around to get it in) or a straight stud, which are a little more unstable as they only have a ball at the end which is slightly bigger than the diameter of the bar. Do not change your piercing before the recommended time - usually around 6-12 weeks. Don't touch your piercing with dirty fingers, always wash with anti-bacterial soap before you touch it and clean it properly. Good luck. Ramona.
    misscutie24018 Posts: 31, Reputation: -3

Jul 26, 2011, 07:38 PM
    Your not suppost to peirce anything with a peircing gun. It makes scars when you get older. I say take it out and keep cleaning it and when it doesn't hurt anymore and the hole is all closed up you need to go to a tattoo place and have them do it. First they show you what they are going to do. They put a earring on a string and put the earring on the back of it and then they put the needle through your nose and they pull the string all the way through your nose until the earring is in its place then they bend it so it is like an "L" shape in your nose. This will prevent it from leaving scars in your nose or anywhere else. Never use a peircing gun unless you want scars everywhere. I recommend a tattoo place for any of your future peircings and don't use a peircing gun ever again. Always go to a tattoo place. They are the best and they know hoe to do anything and everything. I hope my advice is a great help to you.

-Misscutie24018
    Lyra123 Posts: 184, Reputation: 42

Jul 26, 2011, 07:45 PM

No, you shouldn't use guns because they cannot be sterilized properly.

Let it heal unless you do not want the piercing. Changing it early can lead to infection or scarring. It is harder and more painful to pierce over scar tissue if you do let it close up.
    Lyra123 Posts: 184, Reputation: 42

Jul 26, 2011, 07:47 PM

Also, not all tattoo shops know everything. I have been to a few where they were dirty, poorly run, did not abide by health and safety regulations, and were just plain unreputable.
    Teigan Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2012, 03:13 AM
    Don't change it because it could cause scars and do you really want that to happen?? If I were you I'd leave it for a recommended time then buy a stud without a backing because if you sneeze you'll have a snotty backing... wich isn't nice. Trust me!
    RandomHollie Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2013, 11:04 PM
    Hi my names hollie I'm 14 I've had my nose piercing for a while and I had it pierced with the gun its fine on the nose stud there is a little spike on the end which is bigger than the bar bit so it won't fall out but you can pull it when it is healed if you swap it for a smaller size you will not be able to change it to the normal size so you will be stuck with that one in hope this helped :D
    keeks143 Posts: 149, Reputation: 3

Aug 15, 2013, 10:47 AM
    To be honest what's done is done so don't stress.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much does it cost to get nose pierced [ 2 Answers ]

I'm thinking about getting my nose pierced.. how much does it generally cost

Re - Pierced Nose Ring ~ myself [ 3 Answers ]

I originally got my nose pierced almost 6 weeks ago, but I scratched out my peircing aabout a week and a half ago and couldn't get the original back in, so I found one that I had bought which was a screw in and I could not get it back in still. So I straightened it out and ended kind of repiercing...

Can't have my nose pierced [ 18 Answers ]

OK so I want my nose pierced and last year my mom said it was OK but I just moved back in with my dad and he thinks that body piercing on 13 years old is some kind of sin... and I keep telling him that it's my body and not his... so what am I going do?? :(

Pierced nose scar? [ 2 Answers ]

I really want to get my nose pierced. If at anytime I decide to not have jewelry in it anymore will it leave a scar?

When you get your cartilage pierced are they suspossed to use a gun? [ 19 Answers ]

Because I just got mine pierced & she did it with a gun what do you thinKK && is it bad if I clean it too much

View more questions Search