Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danumber1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2011, 01:02 AM
    My car has a salvage title does that mean it is totalled after rear end collision??
    I have a 2005 dodge stratus 74000 miles we purchassed it about a yr ago with a salvaged title.Me and my family were in the car when we were rear ended while getting off the freeway. Is it possible that the insurance adjuster will just rule out a total loss?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 19, 2011, 03:15 AM

Insurance adjusters will rule a total loss when the costs of repairs exceeds the book value of the vehicle. That doesn't mean the vehicle is not repairable, just that its not worth the cost to repair.

What this means to you is the insurer will then pay out the value of the vehicle, rather than the cost of repair.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2011, 03:21 PM

Salvage titles are issued for different reasons. I bought a car with a salvage title as the front hood flew up and smashed the windshield. Don't know just why this car was given a salvage title but I never had a problem insuring it or getting tags.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Major rear end damge to car. [ 8 Answers ]

My friend has a 1997 Lexus. Last night she was stopped with the engine running. The car slipped into reverse and slammed into "something". It did major damage to the trunk and rear end of the car. Is it likely that the car will be totaled or will they repair the car? She is afraid there will...

Salvage title for damaged car [ 0 Answers ]

My son was rear ended by someone and the car was deemed totaled by the insurance. We settled on the actual cash value for the car. We brought the car home from the body shop and sold it to a private party. Little did we know that we had to get a salvage certificate for the car before we can sell...

Rear End Collision - Insurance won't pay fair amount [ 14 Answers ]

Hi As the title says and I am sure no one is surprised. I was rear ended while waiting on a red light. I had an old car which must now be totaled. The car is worth around $2500(KBB). My medical bills were $570 (most covered by my BCBS health insurance). The other party's insurance company wants...

Rear End Collision - Liability Coverage [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I was driving a friends car who doesn't live in US anymore. He wanted me to sell his car so I was coming from Walmart after getting a new battery and a tire when while waiting on a red light I was rear ended. Its an old car and I had liability coverage on it. I was going to sell the car for...

Car totalled for airbags? Any way out? [ 3 Answers ]

OK minor accident as we avoided collision with on-coming guy passing in no-passing zone. Guy long-gone, never stopped, no witnesses, so our insurance takes the hit. We had to avoid collision by veering off road and blew out 2 tires and airbags deployed and cracked windshield. We paid to fix...

View more questions Search