Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2011, 06:50 AM
    Speaking of the RIGHT side of history...
    Hope you don't mind if I borrow your theme, ex.

The Ohio House passed a bill banning abortion after a heartbeat is detectable, which can be as early as 5-6 weeks.

Democrats are predictably outraged:

Democrats in the Ohio House said the heartbeat bill goes too far.

"This bill gives the government the ultimate power, the ultimate power to intrude upon the most personal and intimate decisions of our lives, of women's lives, frankly," said Rep. Connie Pillich.
    The Ohio House also passed a ban on late-term abortions and a provision to opt Ohio out of taxpayer abortion coverage under Obamacare.

Not content with that, the state of Ohio also passed a budget that bans abortions from being performed in public hospitals, prohibits abortion coverage in insurance plans of local public employees and other pro-life measures including guaranteeing pro-life students equal access to funding and facilities on college campuses.

Finally, a government is on the RIGHT side of history in protecting the most helpless among us and recognizing the HUMANNESS and PERSONHOOD of the unborn child.

I'm on the RIGHT Side of history here, are you?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2011, 06:56 AM
    You forgot to add this:

Neither bill was as contentious as the heartbeat legislation, which does not contain exceptions for rape, incest or the life or health of the mother.
    That's why they are opposed to it.

More misinformation from the right... as expected.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2011, 07:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    I'm on the RIGHT Side of history here, are you?
    Hello Steve:

I KNOW what the RIGHT side of every issue in the world is, except this one.

excon
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2011, 07:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    More misinformation from the right... as expected.
    I didn't forget anything and the only one spreading misinformation is you, I furnished the link to that which you cite. If all you wish to contribute is attacks, I'm sure Huffpo would welcome you.
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2011, 07:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello Steve:

I KNOW what the RIGHT side of every issue in the world is, except this one.
    I'm trying to help you out here, ex, protecting the life of the child is the correct side of history, without a doubt.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2011, 04:14 PM
    Hi speech you have got that one right!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 5, 2011, 04:21 PM
    Finally, a government is on the RIGHT side of history in protecting the most helpless among us and recognizing the HUMANNESS and PERSONHOOD of the unborn child.
    What's going to keep that child (who was born of a 15-year-old mother who is still in school and has no visible means of support) fed, clothed, and basically alive?
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2011, 04:24 PM
    Girl it is still possible to give a child up for adoption isn't it?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 5, 2011, 04:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Girl it is still possible to give a child up for adoption isn't it?
    So, if a pregnant girl or woman cannot support a child for whatever reason when she has it (although she may be able to in the future), she must give it up for adoption?

The best option then is to castrate all males when they reach puberty so there won't be any unwanted pregnancies.
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2011, 04:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    So, if a pregnant girl or woman cannot support a child for whatever reason when she has it (although she may be able to in the future), she must give it up for adoption?

The best option then is to castrate all males when they reach puberty so there won't be any unwanted pregnancies.
    Now Girl you could try giving females a brain first, after all they consent and take the risk. Sexual intercourse is not mandatory but a life style choice with consequences. No one suggested adoption be forced but you ignored the option, indicating how much ignorance there is in this debate. We have long passed the pont where concept of responsibility is even thought about, just a stupid condoning of irresponsible behaviour. What I certainly don't suggest the government add to the problem by supporting the mother and child until she, maybe, becomes responsible enough to support herself and child, there are viable alternatives to abortion. So try thinking with your brain instead of your hormones.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 5, 2011, 05:06 PM
    Now Girl you could try giving females a brain first
    So it's all the fault of the females?

So find a way to keep the males away from the females until all are financially and emotionally and physically ready to have children.
    So try thinking with your brain instead of your hormones.
    It's the males' hormones; it's the girls' looking for love.
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2011, 05:43 PM
    So it's all the fault of the females?

So find a way to keep the males away from the females until all are financially and emotionally and physically ready to have children.

It's the males' hormones; it's the girls' looking for love.
    Yes segregation that will work, you could try legislating that by raising the age of consent so no beer and sex before 25. Should I start building a wall around my daughter now? You could bring back lynch law starting with lynching scantily clad females. It is not the fault of the males they are attracted to females, it is the fault of the females for failing to set ground rules and keeping to them. As I said earlier give them a brain and turn it on

As to love looks like they found it or what artificially equates to love in our society. Males below the age of 25 aren't looking for love, just a good time and you can't fool me it isn't the same for women
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 5, 2011, 05:45 PM
    It is not the fault of the males they are attracted to females, it is the fault of the females for failing to set ground rules and keeping to them.
    Okay, now I have your number.
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2011, 05:34 AM
    What's going to keep that child (who was born of a 15-year-old mother who is still in school and has no visible means of support) fed, clothed, and basically alive?
    So because you're unsure the mom can support the child, the child should have no chance? Every child deserves a chance to live. One child is no less valuable than another, they are all of infinite value and worth.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 6, 2011, 08:42 AM
    So because you're unsure the mom can support the child, the child should have no chance? Every child deserves a chance to live. One child is no less valuable than another, they are all of infinite value and worth.
    So who will support the child?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2011, 08:45 AM

Is that the argument... that a child should be snuffed over financial concerns ?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2011, 09:13 AM

Hello tom:

Boy, you know how to bring an argument down to its core, don't you?

But, if your concern is about the welfare of the baby, and NOT financial matters, then it would seem like you'd be supportive of programs that nurture the baby AFTER he or she is born.

But, I don't find that stance in your politics... Apparently, it IS about money after all.

excon
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 6, 2011, 09:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Is that the argument .... that a child should be snuffed over financial concerns ?
    The kid has to eat and have a roof over his head. Who will pay for that (for 18 years or less)? What if he is profoundly autistic or physically disabled and needs lifetime care?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2011, 09:38 AM
    But, if your concern is about the welfare of the baby, and NOT financial matters, then it would seem like you'd be supportive of programs that nurture the baby AFTER he or she is born.

Nice try. My belief in reforming the social safety net is not to destroy it but to make sure it's solvent for the people who really need it ;although I could just as easily use the libertarian line as best espoused by James Madison...
    “I cannot lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents.”

The left in contrast think the safety net is strained because they continue to push people onto the dependency of the net. Their answer clearly ;based on support of abortion on demand ;is to encouraged the disadvantaged to off their kids. It must be so. Every time the issue is brought up the example of 'raising the kids of the unfortunate' is floated as the reason it should be the law of the land.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 6, 2011, 09:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    nice try.
    So the kid will die of starvation while living on the street?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The RIGHT side of history [ 52 Answers ]

Hello: In 1963, my ship was home ported at the Naval base in Charleston, S.C. For some reason, the local black people took exception to being refused service at the F.W. Woolworth lunch counter, so they demonstrated about it... I joined in. No, I'm not black. Years later, MOST of those who...

Whirlpool side by side refrigerator side not cold model ed25dqxbn01 [ 1 Answers ]

The refrigerator side is very warm. The inside of the freezer is not iced up on the coils and is still making ice, although it seems a bit warmer than usual.

Side mirror switch works side to side and down but not up on both sides [ 1 Answers ]

Side mirror switch works side to side and down but not up on both sides for plymouth voyager 1998

Kenmore Elite not cooling refrigerator side or side by side [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Elite Model 53609202 side-by-side. The freezer is working fine, the air flow into the freezer is working, the fan is on. There is another fan in the bottom rear that is also on. There is nothing in the refrigerator to block the vents. There is a little frost on the rear panel...

View more questions Search