Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SimplyMe5426 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2011, 08:48 PM
    Will he ever trust me again? Or should I move on?
    I've been dating my boyfriend for 3 years. Pretty much he has always always had bad jealousy issues and trust issues even though I had never done anything wrong, and he was never in a relationship before me- so it's kind of weird that he already had trust issues.
    I finally got fed up of not having any of my friends and hanging out with them so I started hanging out with friends without telling him. I hung out with a few different guys ( just friends) without telling him.
    I realized I was way unhappy because my boyfriend was jealous, doesn't trust me, anger issues, and is not positive at all. We ended up splitting when he found out I was hanging with other friends.
    I ended up thinking I liked this one guy because he was just so positive! But I realize I missed my ex sooo much.
    He says we can be together but will he ever trust me? All he does is put me through guilt trips every single day. As if it's a revenge game, He Never believes where I am and constantly reminds me of what I have done. Even though he says he is "joking" I know he isn't. What should I do?
    I can't go every day fighting with him over the same ****. And it's been a month.
    I deleted all the guys I talk too and even deleted my Facebook. He said he would delete his Facebook, but hasn't . He also says I can't hangout with any girlfriends of mine or guy friends. I can't do anything. But he can go party with who ever he feels like.
    mystific Posts: 340, Reputation: 308

Jul 3, 2011, 10:52 PM

Well really the question you should ask yourself is, do you see yourself feeling like this in another 3 years time?

For whatever his reasons are, it maybe underlying issues within his family, not necessarily from another girl, it's no way for him to treat you the way he does.

You're inevitably stoking fires where there doesn't need to be any. Either try and sit with him and discuss the reasons he doesn't trust you, gets angry etc.. or leave and move on to a positive more fulfilling relationship.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 4, 2011, 10:38 AM

When you get enough of this no trust crap you will leave, or one day you will wake up and tell him to screw himself, and do as you please. I doubt he ever changes, so accept it, or leave.
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2011, 08:16 PM
    Trust is the basis for all relationships.

Jealousy is the ugliest of feelings for me. Serves no purpose. Poison, really.

If he can't trust you, or has issues with that. Its time to talk & resolve it.

Find out if he is willing to continue and how much effort you both are willing to put in to make it right

Doesn't sound that you have really got to the bottom of it all.

Regardless, you don't want to spend another 3 years hiding. Having to answer to a jealous mate

"he was never in a relationship before me"

Im sure that's a start.

"I ended up thinking I liked this one guy because he was just so positive! but I realize I missed my ex sooo much"

You also have to figure out what it is you want in a person & relationship.

Not everyone is meant to be together, even after 3 years.

Sounds like hell to me, maybe Im not hearing the whole story. Why he doesn't trust you?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I trust him or just move on.. [ 4 Answers ]

Been in a relationship with this guy for 1 year. We've had some growing pains but for the most part he's a good Man and I do care for him and he has expressed his love for me as well. He gets along well with my kids and that's great. The concern is we had a situation in November of 2010 where...

In an A,B, C trust/ no will, community stock not listed in trust, who gets [ 5 Answers ]

My stepdad passed away in may of 2009, him and my mom were married for 20 years. He had an old a,b,c, trust that dates back to 1986 and it has no will. The C trust lists some old assets but most are gone. He never redid it just updated it in 1993 he son appears to have been named in it the...

How to regain trust. Is it worth it? Or do you move on? [ 19 Answers ]

Hey everyone. I'm new to the site. Looking forward to sharing our ups and downs together :) I figured being online is a good place to anonymously discuss problems. I'm a male, 30 and living in Canada. I've spent all my time since 18 working in the technology sector as a software developer...

I can not trust my 13 year old - how do we move on? [ 7 Answers ]

Myself and my husband are at a loss with our 13 year old daughter. She is always back answering and cheeky. She seems to have no respect for either of us talking to us like dirt at times. I have always ensured she can talk to me about anything which she often does. However I found out recently...

Revocable Trust (Grantor) Trust w/3rd party trustee [ 2 Answers ]

It was my understanding that if a grantor set up a revocable trust and a third party (let's say a bank) was named as trustee, the trustee was required to file a Form 1041. I am unable to locate any IRC or other guidance that would confirm or deny this. Please help. Thank you. Diana

View more questions Search