Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2011, 11:02 AM

Just a quick note for those of you Fox News haters, They're 3:00 A.M. show Redeye beat CNN prime time in the ratings. That's embarrassing, when you're prime time can't beat a show that airs while most of America is sleeping.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2011, 11:57 AM

Hello again, Steve:

I'm not saying FOX ain't popular. I AM saying FOX is wrong- dead wrong!

Let me give you an example... I was listening to John Gibson on FOX radio yesterday. Do they count? Well, he was WRONG - dead wrong... He was ranting on about how HALF of the people don't pay any taxes... (You got the email, didn't you?) He went on for 15 minutes or so, bemoaning about the unfairness of it all. He was yelling, they pay NOTHING, NADA, ZIPPO, ZERO. He asked if it was FAIR that HALF the people PAY NO TAX AT ALL! He was pissed off. He was indignant. He was righteous! And, he was WRONG.

The group Gibson was talking about PAY state sales taxes... They PAY city sales taxes... They PAY property taxes... They PAY FICA federal taxes... They PAY federal unemployment taxes.. They PAY federal taxes on their phone.. They PAY federal taxes on their gasoline. They pay federal taxes on their internet..

They pay LOTS of taxes... The only tax they DON'T pay, are federal income taxes... That's because they don't make enough. Now, you can SAY it's not fair that the poor don't pay income taxes. But, you can't say they don't pay taxes at all.

That would be, what shall I call it - a LIE! A BIG fat, pants on fire LIE.

excon
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2011, 12:04 PM

Redeye is a comedy show. The reason Fox is so popular isn't just that it leans to the right unlike every other network, all liars themselves by the way, but Fox puts out a good product. The only show I really watch is the morning show, it's way more entertaining and interesting than any of the other morning shows.

But while we're at it...

Poll: Fox, O'Reilly Most Trusted News Sources
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2011, 05:23 PM

I'm all for all of us paying the same taxes they do.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 30, 2011, 05:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    Poll: Fox, O'Reilly Most Trusted News Sources
    "in the telephone poll of 1,070 likely voters"

Was this a random sampling? How were the participants chosen? What questions were they asked? In what form(s) were the questions? Likert scale, T-F, multiple choice? Who did the polling under what auspices? Over what period was the polling done?
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2011, 06:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    "in the telephone poll of 1,070 likely voters"

Was this a random sampling? How were the participants chosen? What questions were they asked? In what form(s) were the questions? Likert scale, T-F, multiple choice? Who did the polling under what auspices? Over what period of time was the polling done?
    You tell me.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 30, 2011, 06:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    You tell me.
    It's your link. I searched briefly, but couldn't find anything. I'd have to call Boston's Suffolk University.
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2011, 04:15 AM

Pretty telling that Soro's Media Matters doesn't dispute the poll results... just puts a spin on them.

Here it the poll .
    http://www.suffolk.edu/images/conten...ay.17.2011.pdf

The Qs about the news are #s 58 and 59

My own take is that the liberal bias is so prevalent in the other news sources that their target audience choice is greater and therefore distributed around cable and network news. Fox is the only game in town for conservatives looking for their viewpoint fairly represented .
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2011, 04:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    My own take is that the liberal bias is so prevalent in the other news sources
    Yes, reality has a liberal bias. :)
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2011, 05:28 AM
    You guys make me really glad I don't have cable
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2011, 05:42 AM
    You mean you're not part of the worldwide liberal conspiracy?
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2011, 06:35 AM
    I assume by that you mean the fabian conspiracy, no.
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2011, 06:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    I assume by that you mean the fabian conspiracy, no.
    I had to look that up since I had no idea what it meant. I learned something today. I think those are two different conspiracies. I was referring to tom's assertion that all major media has a liberal bias.
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2011, 06:50 AM

And I stand by that... and yes... American liberalism mimics the Fabians to a large degree.
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2011, 09:55 AM
    The hits just keep coming...

Water is wet, the sun rises in the east, and Fox News Channel averaged the most viewers of any cable news channel in both primetime and for the total day for the 38th consecutive quarter going back to the first quarter of 2002.

FNC had the top eight programs in the advertising centric 25-54 demo and the top 12 programs with total viewers.

In total viewers Special Report with Bret Baier ranked number three across all cable news programs, trailing only The O’Reilly Factor and Hannity.

FOX & Friends was up 8% year over year in adults 25-54, beating MSNBC’s Morning Joe and CNN’s American Morning combined in both P2+ and 25-54.
    America's most trusted news guy, O'Reilly, even came in 8th for the repeat of his show with almost twice the viewers as no. 20 Chris Matthews.
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2011, 03:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    I had to look that up since I had no idea what it meant. I learned something today. I think those are two different conspiracies. I was referring to tom's assertion that all major media has a liberal bias.
    How then do you account for Murdoch and Fox?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

FOX News explained - or not. [ 118 Answers ]

Hello: Those of you, short of tom, who watch FOX News probably don't also watch The Daily Show on Comedy Central. If that's so, I suggest you watch THIS clip. It's the hard news guy, Brett Baier telling Jon Stewart about his employer... It's apparent that Baier has NO CLUE why people like me...

Guess who just joined Fox News? [ 84 Answers ]

lol!

Ah Fox News, you never cease to amaze [ 9 Answers ]

Show of hands in PA diner yields one vote for McCain, nearly unanimous support for Obama, FOX Brian Wilson calls it "split." KTkqosRiyYo

Employees Expose FOX NEWS [ 12 Answers ]

So, you think Fox News is ‘Fair and Balanced’? :) YouTube - Employees Expose FOX NEWS Distortions

Employees Expose FOX NEWS [ 2 Answers ]

YouTube - Employees Expose FOX NEWS Distortions Does anyone still believe this is a news network?

View more questions Search