Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2011, 11:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello tom:

Nahhh. The libs I know have disdain for all religions equally.
    Hello George, I don't doubt it.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2011, 10:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Do you really believe there's some deep dark secret about Obama that everybody is hiding?? You DO think he's a Muslin plant, don't you?
    Nah, they're just liars - anything to gain and keep power. You remember he was drawing the troops down in Afghanistan because it was one of the options presented to him by Petraeus? Well either the White House lied to us or Lieutenant General John Allen lied to congress.

Lieutenant General John Allen told the Senate Armed Services Committee today that the Afghanistan decision President Obama announced last week was not among the range of options the military provided to the commander in chief. Allen’s testimony directly contradicts claims from senior Obama administration officials from a background briefing before the president’s announcement.
    Obama and John Allen

In response to questioning from Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC), Allen testified that Obama’s decision on the pace and size of Afghanistan withdrawals was “a more aggressive option than that which was presented.”

Graham pressed him. “My question is: Was that a option?”

Allen: “It was not.”

Allen's claim, which came under oath, contradicts the line the White House had been providing reporters over the past week—that Obama simply chose one option among several presented by General David Petraeus. In a conference call last Wednesday, June 22, a reporter asked senior Obama administration officials about those options. “Did General Petraeus specifically endorse this plan, or was it one of the options that General Petraeus gave to the president?”

The senior administration official twice claimed that the Obama decision was within the range of options the military presented to Obama. “In terms of General Petraeus, I think that, consistent with our approach to this, General Petraeus presented the president with a range of options for pursuing this drawdown. There were certainly options that went beyond what the president settled on in terms of the length of time that it would take to recover the surge and the pace that troops would come out – so there were options that would have kept troops in Afghanistan longer at a higher number. That said, the president’s decision was fully within the range of options that were presented to him and he has the full support of his national security team.”

The official later came back to the question and reiterated his claim. “So to your first question I would certainly – I would certainly characterize it that way. There were a range. Some of those options would not have removed troops as fast as the president chose to do, but the president’s decision was fully in the range of options the president considered.”
    I knew that didn't sound like Petraeus, shame on this White House for hiding behind him for this purely political decision.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2011, 11:25 AM

Obama see Petraeus as a rival ;just like he saw Huntsman. So he brought them in ,gave them jobs to keep his enemies closer.
    Petraeus was given a mission Obama knew he would sabotage. Now the left is bleating that the General is leaving AfPakia a failure.
    Afghan Troop Withdrawal: Beginning Of The End For Petraeus Counterinsurgency Strategy

Same with Huntsman . He will forever be branded "Obama's Ambassador to China".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend caught a new case while he just got guilty on another case [ 2 Answers ]

What does sentencing after revocation mean

Should I plead Guilty or Not Guilty to a Fix-it-Ticket? [ 9 Answers ]

I'm hoping someone has had some experience with Fix-it-Tickets and could offer some advice. Anyway, several months ago, I received a Fix-it-Ticket for a headlight that was out. I replaced the headlight the next day, but stupidly, I wasn't paying attention and I missed the date to send in proof...

How do I know he really cares? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a guy I've been talking to for almost a year in a few weeks and me and him have been through sooooo much and I don't know if he still cares anymore. :( we talk everyday when we wake up to go to school until we go to bed.. and we kind of have a relationship with "no strings attached" that's...

Blago continued [ 12 Answers ]

President-elect Obama conducted an intensive internal audit of the "Office of the President-elect " and cleared himself and his staff of any wrong-doing in the Pay-for-play-the-Chicagoway scandal .But since this is an ongoing investigation his team voted 1-0 to not release the results of the...

Just in case anyone cares [ 4 Answers ]

Latest Gallup poll results.

View more questions Search