Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ckind33 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2011, 10:39 AM
    What is penalty for violation of felony probation 2nd offense in tn
    My wife committed 2nd vio of felonhy prob for aggravatged assault. She got all fines and costs paid and original 3yrs expired never failed drg test or anything. Got first vio for not compkleting community service 2nd for theft under 5. she didn't do it bt has waited 90 dys on just getting arraignment , no bond, is pleading guilty under the assumption that 90 dys to 3 yrs @ 30 percent can be given so time served and or halfway house for 8 months is better then setting in jail. Does anybody have any answers . We are in north east tn.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 26, 2011, 11:06 AM

Dumb thing to do to plead guilty if you are not. Unless you have a firm written plea deal from the DA already worked out.

First they have to deal with any sentence from the new crime, Next if this is a second violation, they can get up to the entire time of the first probation.

Not sure why you think they would give time serve, I doubt if that would be the max, I would say looking at a lot more time than that

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Felony probation violation (first offense) [ 11 Answers ]

My boyfriend was arrested vop on a felony charge Friday. It was his first violation. He had smoked marij and told his officer as he was being asked for a urine sample. She did not allow him to pee even though he wanted to. She wrote that he refused his test which isn't really true. He just...

Misdemeanor Violation of Probation (first offense) [ 6 Answers ]

Hello. In 2009 I was charged with Petit Theft (>$30). I was not arrested at the scene of the crime and I was given an order to appear. (THIS IS IN FLORIDA) I appeared in court and was given 90 days admin probation, community service, and court costs. Unfortunately I was unemployed and unable...

Probation Violation, First Offense [ 6 Answers ]

I was arrestred on a domestic abuse causing bodily injury charge a few months back in Iowa and I was arrested a couple of weeks ago for a indecent exposure charge. I am on probation currently and I have been attending my classes and haven't done anything wrong since I was put on it. Do you think I...

Probation violation 1st offense [ 3 Answers ]

My friend is on probation and got violated for the first time for obstruction of justice(1st offense ever) and a DUI(1st offense ever)but he also got charged with assault on a family member, which will be dropped by that family member before his court date for it. Does he qualify for a bond...

Violation of Probation for DUI 2nd offense [ 3 Answers ]

Hello all~ My ex-boyfriend currently violated his probation regarding his 2nd DUI and spent 30 days in jail. The terms of his probation when he had his hearing on 04/25/07 was not to drink and was scheduled to go into a two week rehab facility. I was not with him, so his story I am guessing is...

View more questions Search