Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    friskye Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2011, 07:24 PM
    My dog started pooping in the house?
    My dog is a year old and was house trained. I went and had her fixed and she started pooping in the house. We had put puppy pads down again so we could retrain her but now she will poop in another room. On time she pooped and peed in my bed where she and I sleep in. What should I do
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2011, 09:12 PM

Anesthesia can make dogs do strange things... If you feel that she changed this dramatically after her spay, call your vet back and talk to them about your concerns.

Another reason she may be doing this is due to the change of routine. Some dogs are more sensitive to change and upset in their lives and will act out.

Potty pads are not my favorite thing. They actually teach your dog that its OK to potty in the house and on surfaces. If you have the opportunity, train her to go outside. If you don't have that opportunity, purchase the Potty Pod. It is a grass-like pad that make it very easy to house train a inside-bound dog without the complications of figureing out which paper is OK to pee on and which isn't.

Also.. if she is going to other rooms to soil, tie her to you. Introduce a crate and when you cannot physically watch her, put her in there. Tying her to you will also prevent her from sneaking off. The minute she starts dancing around to go potty, take her to her potty spot and praise her.
    jessicasmith Posts: 38, Reputation: 2

Jun 18, 2011, 04:18 PM
    Sometime after an animal has been fixed it is hard for them to control there bladder and intestional track because she is a femal I prasume... she was cut open and when that happens it messes with there feces and urinary track until she gets used to the fact she got fixed I'm afraid your going to have to continue cleaning up after her

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 10 year old house trained dog has started pooping in the house. [ 1 Answers ]

Please help my 10 year old dog has started pooping on the landing of my home. Its always in the same place no matter how much I scrub and steam clean he still does it there. Its always outside my bedroom door. He sleeps with my mother down the hall and ever since I moved home after 4 years of...

Why has my dog started pooping in the house [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 4yr old english mastiff. He is a great dog.. but for some reason when I take him out he refuses to poop where he has always gone he will pee or poop in the street next to the grass area he usually goes in.. and he has started going in the house off and on. He also acts a little strange...

Why has my dog started pooping in the house while we're home? [ 0 Answers ]

He'll hold it while we're one. He'll go after he's already been outside. It's always in the room where we have reptiles. He used to do it when we first moved in 1 year ago but quit shortly after. We have new cage on the floor for the tortoises one new lizard in a cage on a tall table.

My dog just started pooping in the house [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 13 yr Lab, fixed female and she is in great health. She does have arthritis, however she finished up a shot regimen a few months ago at the vet's to help improve her movements and it helped tremendously. So here's the deal, she started pooping in the house, out of the blue. Nothing has...

View more questions Search