Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sonalaniket Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2011, 02:17 PM
    Can my Spouse on Dependent VISA find a Job in UK?
    I am working in UK on a Work Permit of 1 year only :(
    I am looking forward for the extension of this

VISA... somehow... (any help in this regard will be highly appreciated)

M planning to get my spouse here on Dependent VISA, he is a MBA- Marketing and doing extremelly well in India..
    But I would love to stay in UK for a long term and hence want my spouse to join me.

Is there anyway, we can get him on a dependent VISA, and then look for a job? Is that legal?
    Can he look for UK job from India and then travel here?

Eagerly awaiting for response...
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Jun 9, 2011, 05:03 PM

UK Entry Clearance Guide
    UK Entry clearance for the dependants of work permit holders

If you are the spouse or dependent child of a work permit holder then you will also need to apply for entry clearance along with the principal applicant, if you intend to travel with them to the UK for more than six months. You will need to present the same completed form, photographs and fees as above, along with your passport at a British Embassy or Consulate in your country of nationality or usual residence. You will also need to provide evidence of your relationship to the main applicant, i.e. by providing a marriage certificate, birth certificate, etc.
    Family Law Expert

Jun 9, 2011, 07:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sonalaniket View Post

Is there anyway, we can get him on a dependent VISA, and then look for a job? Is that legal?

Probably yes.
    sonalaniket Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2011, 03:20 PM
    Comment on GV70's post
    Thanks. I need to know if it is possible for him to find a job here, while my VISA lasts for 1 year only.
    If he finds a good job here, we might want to settle down here..

I need to know the best possible ways of achieving this, legally..

I am currently working on a Tier2 Intra company transfer. After 1 year, I might have eto go back.. but if my spouse gets a job here, can I re-apply as his dependent and come back?

Is that feasible? Really?
    Family Law Expert

Jun 11, 2011, 11:25 PM

I am working in UK on a Work Permit of 1 year only :(...I am currently working on a Tier2 Intra company transfer.
    If I am not mistaken,Tier2 Intra category is for employees of multi-national companies who are being transferred by an overseas employer to a skilled job in a United Kingdom based branch of the organisation. Amd you must be established staff or a graduate trainee.Tier 2 Visa (Intra-Company Transfer) is not automaticaly prolonged, therefore a dependent visa time limit has to be considered according to the Tier2 visa.
    Is there anyway, we can get him on a dependent VISA, and then look for a job? Is that legal?I need to know if it is possible for him to find a job here, while my VISA lasts for 1 year only.
    OK-it's case by case. Generally employers are reluctant to hire someone who has 3 months dependent VISA./Honestly:If I am employer I will not hire him/
    Who knows?
    I might hav eto go back.. but if my spouse gets a job here, can I re-apply as his dependent and come back?
    No.His visa cannot extend for more time than yours. He cannot prolong his stay.Thus you have to leave the UK together.
    Family Law Expert

Jun 11, 2011, 11:41 PM

Is that feasible? really?
    I am not a soothsayer.No one can predict the future.

Keep in mind the prices are approximately:
    Premium two-day service: £800 + VAT
    Postal application less than 12 months: £350 plus £175 for each dependent
    Overseas application less than 12 months: £350 plus £350 for each dependent
    It may vary...
    lahin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2012, 09:10 PM
    Hi I am in a tricky situation. Any help on this will be much appreciated:

Situation: I have a Cos and have decided to take my husband and kid as dependents.. along with me to UK under Tier 2 intra company transfer. As per the rules, the dependent (if working) should produce a resignation letter or letter stating absence on loss of pay for a duration of his stay.

My husband is unable to quit as his company is not encouraging it nor are they ready to give him a letter of absence / no objection letter. Instead they have agreed that he could work from home.

In such a situation I am unable to produce the relevant documents. If I state that my dependent (husband) is not working and proceed with visa processing, will I be in trouble? Do they verify the documents thoroughly?

Any advise on this will be helpful. Its urgent.

Thanks
    sharmila devi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2012, 02:22 AM
    Hi,I am a dependent got 4 yrs exp in H.R dept.My spouse went before 15 days .I am planning to go on November 2012.is there possiability to go for job in scotland.
    Any availability there or is it possiable to get job there.kindly expcting your ans soon.
    nicos Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2012, 04:00 AM
    Hi everyone I am actually a Mauritian citizen finishing my studies as medical student in Ireland. I am planning to start to work as a doctor in the UK next year and I was wondering if my husband will be able to come over there with me at the same time as a dependent/spouse. Also will he be able to look for a job while on his dependent visa. He is fully qualified with a Masters degree in Marketing from University College Dublin Michael Smurfit Business School.

Thanks a lot in advance for your kind and great help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can I travel to uk without spouse as I am on dependent visa? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi I have a valid dependent visa. (visa printed with the title "visa to join spouse"). And also I have H4 visa. My wife have valid uk work permit(expires in June 2009) and valid H1 visa. At present we both are in usa. Now I am willing to travel to London without my spouse as she is having...

UK spouse dependent visa! [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, My name is Sunil Kumar and I am here in Sunderland, UK on a work permit as a registered pharmacist for about 4 yrs. I recently got married to Kawita Malani, US citizen, and is here with me on a vist visa. But now we are applying for spouse dependent visa and were wondering if she needs to...

Spouse dependent visa uk [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My huband as obtained a Uk work permit but currently is working in India. I would however, like to apply for a dependent visa. Can I apply for one even when my husband is still in India. Please let me know. Thanks, Reema

Dependent visa for spouse invalid visa [ 1 Answers ]

Dependent visa possible if spouse is in UK and visa is invalid and he got a new passport from Indian embassy in UK?

View more questions Search