Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jhannah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2010, 05:50 PM
    Is there a difference between a 14.5 seer and 15 seer rating?
    I was to have a 15 seer unit installed and in reviewing the manual it states that I have a 14.5 seer unit, should I question this with the installer?
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Jan 18, 2010, 06:15 PM

I really wouldn't worry about a half seer, but it can't hurt to mention it to the installer and see what they have to say. The savings of a half seer will literally amount to a couple of cheesburgers and fries a year.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2010, 07:23 PM
    Differance=.5 seer
    educatedconsumr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2011, 02:18 PM
    There is a price difference between a 14.5 SEER and 15 SEER. The 14.5 SEER is about $400 less than the 15 SEER. If you paid for a 15 SEER, you should get a 15 SEER. I would request the price difference between the 14.5 SEER and 15 SEER to be immediately refunded. On a personal note, I would recommend that you do not call that HVAC company for any maintenance or repair in the future.

As for the SEER difference, you will not notice any kind for savings in your electric bill.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can uReplace a 10 seer ac condenser w/a 13 seer w/o changing the inside 10 seer unit [ 8 Answers ]

We have a 10 seer 2.5 ton heat pump outside condensing ac unit, that sprung a leak that cannot be repaired. We have had 5 repairmen come out and look. 3 of them say we have to replace the inside 10 seer 2.5 ton compressor and furnace as well. 1 of the 5 says we can just replace the outside unit...

2 story 4000 sq ft house. Is a 14 seer better than 16 seer [ 1 Answers ]

2 story 4000 sq ft house. I have a choice of 14 seer or 16 seer. Which should I go with?

14 SEER vs 15 SEER Trane Heat Pump [ 2 Answers ]

I received two quotes for a 14 and a 15 SEER Trane R410A heat pump. The price difference was $2900 between the two quotes (there's duct work $$ in the quote as I am doing a major remodel and adding lots of new space) The question is should I ave the $2900 or does the extra efficieny pay off? ...

Air handler seer 10? WIll it be OK with a seer 13 heat pump. [ 1 Answers ]

We are replacing our old heat pump... the air handler was replaced 4 years ago and is good condition. Everyone wants us to replace our hole unit and we really don't want to put out that much $$ at this time. Can we just replace the Heat pump? Or do we have to replace both. Everyone says they...

Where is seer rating located on unit? [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me where to find the seer rating on an A/C unit? The unit I have is a Goodman #CPKE30-18. Thanks for your help.

View more questions Search