Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 6, 2011, 01:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    and ?
    I think she opens her mouth before engaging her brain, and I'm not so sure she's real clear on facts.

She's pretty, vivacious, knows how to tap into those two assets, and is being called a kingmaker. Now, if she can get her act together and do it right, she and the GOP might surprise us all.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2011, 02:08 PM

I've already shown that historians said she's right. Tom has shown she was right. What's left to say?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 6, 2011, 02:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    I've already shown that historians said she's right. Tom has shown she was right. What's left to say?
    Good grief.
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2011, 02:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Good grief.
    What? You said "I think she opens her mouth before engaging her brain, and I'm not so sure she's real clear on facts."

She was right, 'nuff said.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 6, 2011, 02:59 PM
    What? You said "I think she opens her mouth before engaging her brain, and I'm not so sure she's real clear on facts."

She was right, 'nuff said.
    No, she wasn't.
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2011, 03:01 PM

Yes she was.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/curren...ml#post2817980

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/curren...ml#post2818096

What part of "Historians agree: Palin was right about Revere" do you not get?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 6, 2011, 03:10 PM
    What part of "Historians agree: Palin was right about Revere" do you not get?
    That's your "proof" she was "right"? Oh, puhleeeese. Read Revere's journal (primary source, i.e. he was there).
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2011, 03:11 PM

Hello again,

Well if you ask me, I'll take a LIBRARIAN over a half-governor ANY time.

excon
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2011, 05:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    That's your "proof" she was "right"? Oh, puhleeeese. Read Revere's journal (primary source, i.e., he was there).
    Uh, did you miss where they cited his journal to back her up? Geez, did anyone read the damn article?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 6, 2011, 05:40 PM
    Uh, did you miss where they cited his journal to back her up? Geez, did anyone read the damn article?
    The night of the ride? I read his journal. "About 10 o'clock, Dr. Warren Sent in a great haste for me, and begged that I would immediately Set off for Lexington, where Messrs. Hancock and Adams were..." At 12:05 a.m. he accomplished his mission to warn Hancock and Adams ("I found Messrs. Hancock and Adams at the Rev. Mr. Clark's; I told them my errand.... 12:30 a.m. Mr Daws came; we refreshid ourselves, and set off for Concord to secure the Stores, etc. there."). About 12:35, "We were overtaken by a young Doctor Prescot, whom we found to be a high Son of Liberty."

From the article --

Boston University history professor Brendan McConville said, “Basically when Paul Revere was stopped by the British [1 a.m. "I was about one hundred Rod ahead... in an Instant I was surrounded by four... the Doctor jumped his Horse over a low Stone wall, and got to Concord"], he did say to them, 'Look, there is a mobilization going on that you'll be confronting,' and the British are aware as they're marching down the countryside, they hear church bells ringing — she was right about that — and warning shots being fired. That's accurate.”

Patrick Leehey of the Paul Revere House said Revere was probably bluffing his British captors, but reluctantly conceded that it could be construed as Revere warning the British.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2011, 06:08 PM
    If this is the quality of american politicians all I can say is God help america because no one else can
    TUT317 Posts: 657, Reputation: 76

Jun 6, 2011, 09:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ebaines View Post

"We saw where Paul Revere hung out as a teenager, which was something new to learn. He who warned the British that they weren't going to be taking away our arms by ringing those bells and by making sure that as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be secure and we were going to be free and we were going to be armed.”

Wow....

The quote is a grammatical nightmare. Shouldn't a politician be able to string a coherent sentence together?

Tut
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2011, 02:40 AM

It was off the cuff chatting that got caught on video . Maybe she should be more guarded and have a travelling teleprompter like the President carries around with him.

As I've already demonstrated ;without his TOTUS (teleprompter of the United States ) ,the President is a gaffe machine . The difference is that he gets a pass by the press ,and a slip of the tongue or an unscripted moment is not worthy of a week worth of coverage.

But that's the way it is here. Simple gaffes become permanently branded onto conservative public figures.Former VP Dan Quayle's misspell of the word potato is legendary. There were books written about President Bush's malaprops . But when VP Biden makes a gaffe ,It's just good ole Joe being Joe. He isn't really as stupid as he sounds.

Jun 7, 2011, 03:22 AM
    It was off the cuff chatting that got caught on video . Maybe she should be more guarded and have a travelling teleprompter like the President carries around with him.

As I've already demonstrated ;without his TOTUS (teleprompter of the United States ) ,the President is a gaffe machine . The difference is that he gets a pass by the press ,and a slip of the tongue is not worthy of a week worth of coverage.

But that's the way it is here. Simple gaffes become permanently branded onto conservative public figures.Former VP Dan Quayle's misspell of the word potato is legendary. There were books written about President Bush's malaprops . But when VP Biden makes a gaffe ,It's just good ole Joe being Joe. He aint really as stupid as he sounds.

Hi Tom,

Off the cuff chatting ? One would hope a person would be more lucid away from the spot-light. Apparently not.

The president shouldn't be a gaff machine. Does this say something about the quality of people running for office?

I don't know about Dan Quayle's ability to spell. Do Latin Americans really speak Latin? If true, these types of 'errors of judgement' are not gaffs. They indicate something profound is afoot.

Tut
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2011, 03:33 AM

I wonder how you would fare if everything you uttered was caught on cell phone and turned into a Youtube video . Do we really want our pols so guarded that they just refuse these moments ?

That's what has happened with the President . His public appearances are carefully screened .

A reporter for the San Francisco Chronicle almost lost access for bringing a recording device to a fundraiser.
    SF Chronicle video prompts White House threat | Full Page
    Only when that became public did the White House reverse and deny it's decision.

The President's use of TOTUS has become legendary. During one address the teleprompter went faster than the President could speak . He stopped the speech completely until the script was rolled back.

Jun 7, 2011, 03:57 AM
    I wonder how you would fare if everything you uttered was caught on cell phone and turned into a Youtube video . Do we really want our pols so guarded that they just refuse these moments ?
    Hi Tom,

Good point.

President Joe Blow was a very intelligent man, unfortunately he was caught off guard on a number of occasions saying very derogatory and obscene things about this party members.

Fred Smith was a president who was know for the large number of gaffs he made. This reflected poorly on his intelligence.

In the end both presidents will be remembered as being incompetent politicians. No more or no less. Strange isn't it?

Tut
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2011, 04:24 AM

If you ask me, having a president who's been to 57 states is more embarrassing than anything Palin has said.

Jun 7, 2011, 04:36 AM
    If you ask me, having a president who's been to 57 states is more embarrassing than anything Palin has said.

Give her time.

Tut
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2011, 04:44 AM
    In the end both presidents will be remembered as being incompetent politicians. No more or no less. Strange isn't it?
    It's a problem and it goes well beyond that. Lincoln made brilliant speeches . But his voice grated on the listener... being described as shrill, squeaking, piping, unpleasant . He would not fare well today in a television world . He was described as an ape by his opponents because of his appearance.

Today selecting a President is like picking a winner from the 'Idol ' shows.
    Mitch Daniels... too short. Chris Christe... too fat .

Palin... too folksy .

There was a time in the past when that was considered a strength. Harry Truman ,generally regarded as a good to great President did not have a college education . Before he entered politics he was a haberdasher and a farmer . He ran the country on good instinct ,common sense and principles . But he steered the country through some of it's greatest challenges and contained Communist expansion before it consumed all of Europe and Asia .When he left office he was reviled and labelled with similar smears we hear today about certain politicians who don't sound smart. He left office with one of the lowest approval ratings a President has had. History has been much kinder to him.

The United States has had a very small field to choose from for more than 20 years. When did it become a prerequisite for a President to come from an Ivy League school ? The last 4 have been either Yale or Harvard or both . It lends credence to the charge that America is run by an elite class .
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2011, 04:55 AM
    Palin.... too folksy .

Now there you have a man or woman of the people is not welcome because what you are electing is a god

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to make a revere entry of Chq bounced which I received from Customer? [ 0 Answers ]

Suppose we have received from Customer and credit it to their account but after some day we comes to know that chq was bounced then how to make a revere entry of Chq bounced which I received from Customer?

I was married to british in 2005 and got divorced in 2008 can I get british passpo [ 1 Answers ]

I am from lithuania was married to british in 2005 and got divorced in 2008 but I kept my married name , I still got lithuanian passport in maden name, can I get british passport if I am doverecd been here in uk 6years and all my bills and national insurannce number in married name I need photo ...

Epi les paul standard plus top vs. Epi les paul custom vs. Epi les paul blackbeauty 3 [ 0 Answers ]

I just want to ask which is better? Epi les paul standard plus or epi les paul custom or epi les paul blackbeauty (3 pickups)? *** tell the difference between the three... tnx

Paul Revere's famous ride: The British are coming! [ 7 Answers ]

I've heard more than once that there is more to the story of Paul Revere's famous ride than is taught. I've heard that he was so drunk that the ride was short. He fell off his horse and was caught. Another finished warning the people and was the true hero that saved the day. I've googled a...

View more questions Search