Can ghosts harm you?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2007, 10:51 PM
    No
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2007, 11:45 PM
    I agree with Jesushelper. No, ghosts cannot harm you. I have never heard of a ghost harming anyone.
    dtriggs Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2007, 05:22 AM
    I disagree I think I ghost can harm you..
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2007, 05:48 AM
    I used to watch the Montel Williams show on Wednesdays, when psychic Sylvia Brown was his guest for the whole hour. People would ask her the same thing - about ghosts harming and she maintained that ghosts cannot harm you. She said you can ask the ghost to leave, give permission for the ghost to go "to the other side."

I don't know how you feel about Sylvia Browne but she is immensely popular. Has written a plethora of books and, of course, has her own website - Sylvia Browne : The Official Site. Maybe you can find something there that can give you some peace.
    happy one Posts: 15, Reputation: 3

Jul 24, 2007, 12:18 PM
    Thank You for the info, I recently found out the hard way that they can definitely get your attention.Something sqeezed my arm so hard I thought there would be bruising. Anyone else have similar things happen?
    TFallenOne Posts: 43, Reputation: 2

Jul 27, 2007, 08:10 AM
    Ghosts can certainly harm you, its just not the norm. Poltergiest, demonics, and other paranormal activity can harm you both mentally and physically. There have been many cases of a Spirit physically shoving, squeezing, scratching, and harming people. They don't all have to be demonics to do that either. Best bet is to just use some authority when "speaking with the spirit" as you would and person and just telling them that this is your home and that they have to leave.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2007, 08:25 AM
    Ghosts can harm (if the Almighty will it to be so), they too are beings which do exist .

http://www.geocities.com/mutmainaa/belief/jinn.html

Genie
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genie#Jinn_in_Islam

Genie is the English term for the Arabic جني (jinnie). In pre-Islamic Arabian mythology and in Islam, a jinni (also “djinni” or “djini”) is a member of the jinn (or “djinn”), a race of supernatural creatures. The word “jinn” literally means anything which has the connotation of concealment, invisibility, seclusion, and remoteness.

Etymology and definitions

Genie is the usual English translation of the Arabic term jinni, but it is not an Anglicized form of the Arabic word, as is commonly thought. The English word comes from French génie, which meant a spirit of any kind, which in turn came from Latin genius, which meant a sort of tutelary or guardian spirit thought to be assigned to each person at birth. The Latin word predates the Arabic word jinni, and the two terms have not been shown to be related. The first recorded use of the word in English was in 1655 as geny, with the Latin meaning. The French translators of The Book of One Thousand and One Nights later used the word génie as a translation of jinni because it was similar to the Arabic word both in sound and in meaning; this meaning was also picked up in English and has since become dominant. The plural, according to Sir Richard Francis Burton, is Jan.
    ----
    From the same article
    Jinn in Islam

The jinn are said to be creatures with free will, made from 'smokeless fire' by God (the literal translation being “subtle fire”, i.e. a fire which does not give itself away through smoke), much in the same way humans were made of earth. According to the Recitation, jinn have free choice, and Iblis used this freedom in front of God by refusing to bow to Adam when God told Iblis to do so. By refusing to obey God's order he was thrown out of the Paradise and called “Shaitan” (See Shaitan). In the Qur'an, jinn are frequently mentioned and Sura 72 of the Qur'an named Al-Jinn is entirely about them. Another Sura (Al-Naas) mentions the Jinn in the last verse. In fact, it is mentioned in the Qur'an that Muhammad was sent as a prophet to both “humanity and the jinn”.

The jinn have communities much like human societies: they eat, marry, die, etc. They live in tribes and have boundaries. They follow the same religions as humans do, and follow the same ranks in armies as humans do. Jinns can settle in a vast area to a tiny hole, as they are massless and can be fit into any space they find sufficient for them. They are invisible to humans, but they can see humans. Sometimes they accidentally or deliberately come into view or into contact with humans. Jinn are believed to live much longer than humans: some of whom are said to be still alive have seen Mohammad (who lived during the 7th century), which would affirm their long life. Much like humans, djinn have learned to assimilate into the human world when they desire to do so. In many cases they live unnoticed among people marked only by the rather unusual or somewhat secretive practises they keep. They cannot breed with humans. One power that all of their descendants seem to keep despite dilution of their bloodline is invisibility.

Jinn can transform themselves into humans and can be summoned by humans. In Islam, humans attempting to perform black magic on humans call Jinn specializing in dirty deeds to perform the magic; such black magic on humans can only be undertaken by dark Jinn - “Ifrit” or “Marid”. In many Islamic countries there are people who perform or supposedly perform black magic (usually for cursing other people, or using jinns to influence a marriage to end in divorce, etc) in exchange for money. Thus, a person often pays a magician, who then calls upon a dark djinn, who then performs the magic, at least supposedly.

:eek:
    happy one Posts: 15, Reputation: 3

Jul 27, 2007, 03:09 PM
    Where I built our home was truly a poor choice of ours. We just wanted to be close to our son who died and the land is breath taking.However it sure gets interesting at times here.Water turns on by itself.Footsteps and scratchs on my son.It looked like a wild cat got ahold of his poor back.Hes been held down in bed before too.Needless to say it does get rather scarey here at times.Well thanks for the info and listening.I don't feel so alone knowing people understand these things too.
    Canada_Sweety Posts: 597, Reputation: 49
    -

Jul 27, 2007, 03:22 PM
    W0W! Scary.... I already knew they could harm you... but thats just frightening.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2007, 01:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by happy one
    Where I built our home was truely a poor choice of ours. We just wanted to be close to our son who died and the land is breath taking.However it sure gets interesting at times here.Water turns on by itself.Footsteps and scratchs on my son.It looked like a wild cat got ahold of his poor back.Hes been held down in bed before too.Needless to say it does get rather scarey here at times.Well thanks for the info and listening.I don't feel so alone knowing people understand these things too.
    "happy one agrees: Thank You for the information.I had no idea.You are truely knowledgeable about this."

I am glad the information was helpful, but I cannot take credit for the article as it was taken from Wikipedia, but I have read about this part of my religion.

I also have friends who have experienced such things, most muslims are advised to say certain things/little prayers before entering bathrooms,taking off clothes entering or leaving the house etc as a protection from such beings, as we are more vulnerable in dirty places like bathrooms etc.

As you are not a believer in Islam I can't say you will practice these or not, but we muslims know and understand that in certain houses jinns reside along with the human residents and if we request them to leave in the name of Allah then some do, while others need more persuasion.
    It is also recommended for us to do the regular five prayers and to recite the Quran inside the house,which in turn deters the bad jinns from harming us,the good ones we believe are muslim jinns and they too obey the same rules regarding religion as we do.
    And we are advised to request the jinns to leave and to explain to them that if we have unknowingly harmed them that they should forgive us and leave us undisturbed as we cannot see them and they should not be inside an inhabited house in the first place.

:) :)
    tylo Posts: 45, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2007, 07:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by happy one
    Can ghosts harm you?
    Yes, they're showing you their pain and suffering, they will endeavour to do so until theirs stops.
    manfredpino Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Jul 4, 2010, 03:38 PM
    Ghosts can't really harm you unless you do dark practices such as the wee gee board or things of the sort. If you believe them to be just beings that have already passed away and are in this world for a good purpose nothing will happen
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Jul 5, 2010, 12:11 AM

If you have experienced your son being scratched and held down by an unknown source , some sort of action needs to be taken.
    The easiest may be to have the house blessed by a priest, pastor, rabbi or religious person you know.
    Should the problem persist after that the priest may be able to refer to you someone or some organization that can help.
    laura10109 Posts: 61, Reputation: -3

May 29, 2011, 03:28 AM
    They might harm you if they are bad some ghosts don't and some do I saw a ghost when I was 5 but didn't harm me I used to believe demons harm

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help ! Ghosts [ 23 Answers ]

My family has lived in a house for 15 years. It has been in the family for a long time. We have a lot of strange things happen. Doors slamming, electronic devices turning off, pictures falling off walls, and a spirit that only shows herself to my children. How can I find out who it might be?

Are they ghosts? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, everyone. I really need someone to talk to who won't be biased regarding my thoughts. I'm in a relationship for 2 years now, Lester and I have a 6 month-0ld daughter and I've known him for over two years, too. I just came from a terrible, full of deception relationship from a 32 y/o man when...

Ghosts [ 43 Answers ]

Do ghosts exist? If so can you see them and how can you tell if they're in your house?

Why I believe in ghosts [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: this a country song about a man who thought his love was dead and gone but at night it comes alive that's why I believe in ghosts

Ghosts [ 2 Answers ]

My mom once told me a saying to say at night before I went to bed to rid my home of evil spirits or protect my children-something along those lines. Having my weirdo dreams again-dreaming about my father-in-law's dead neighbor-she was related by marriage. Feel like she's looking for something-the...

View more questions Search