Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vcfinders Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2011, 04:58 PM
    1986 or 87 HOMESCHOOL closed and I need to get a copy of my diploma
    My parent were tranvelling Evangelist and I was homeschooled my Senior year of High school. They have NO idea of the name of the company they used to homeschool me and now I have to show proof of diploma for an Educational background check even though I have already taken college classes. Does anyone know of a way to find CLOSED High school Homeschools. Again, this school closed in either 1986 or 1987. I am hoping my mom will remember the name once she see's the academy or school.

Thanks,
    L
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 15, 2011, 06:30 PM

If you were taking though a school, was it really home school or was it correspondent school, there is a difference.

Home school kids ( not done though a school or program) don't have normal dipolmas their parents merely make one up or they use the state approved tests to prove their knowledge.

If the school was accredited ( but many high school level home school programs are not, in fact almost none are accredited. So it is possible that there is no record to get.
    If and when your mom remembers the name, and remembers what state they were in, you contact the department of education for that state and see if the records were filed or stored anywhere.
    vcfinders Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2011, 12:25 AM
    FR Chuck . Thank you for your response. The Home schooling program was exactly that. I was taught for three years in my elementary years and then was home schooled for a few classes my senior year. I have been struggling with this for years now. I have NO idea the correct name of the home school and both my parents can't remember either. In 1990, we had a fire in the basement and all my personal stuff got lost in that fire. The General HS Diploma was just one of the items. NOW, I need proof of my high school education and I'm trying every way possible to find a way to get my transcript. I'm desperate!!
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2011, 07:28 AM
    Do you know what kind of curriculum it was? This could possibly help narrow the field...

Were your textbooks in the form of paper pamphlets (ACE) or hardcover books? If they were the paper pamphlet type things, that would be easy because ACE is one of the only ones that carry this type of book. The hardcover may be more difficult, though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Private College closed in Ontario, Canada; how do I get a copy of diploma? [ 2 Answers ]

Private College closed in Ontario, Canada; how do I get a copy of diploma?

How do you get your transripts when the homeschool is closed? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to find my transcripts from a homeschool in Alabama . It was closed about a year ago and I'm trying to get into college.

Copy of high school Diploma [ 2 Answers ]

How do I receive a copy of my high school diploma asap! I gratuated from Richland Northeast High school in 2001.It is located in Columbia S.C.

How do you get Copy of High School Diploma [ 2 Answers ]

I need a copy of a high school diploma- the original is lost. Can some one tell me the proper procedure and who to contact is Albuquerque NM?

View more questions Search