Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2011, 06:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    I seem to remember mother nature attempting to do just that in the lower lying regions in your neck of the woods recently.
    No that was just a fifty year flood and a lot of foolish stuffing about with dams, like yourselves we haven't seen a thousand year flood yet. I say that because the Darling used to be navigable like the Missipp two hundred years ago but not today, you can hardly get a row boat up it even in flood. We have however moved to stop people living in flood plains and actively remove buildings
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2011, 06:56 PM
    Very odd, haven't heard much about the outcome of all of this, was it a non event, a media beatup on a slow day, or has just it been eclipsed by a more spectacular disaster? And a much better photo op for someone seeking reelection?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 30, 2011, 07:14 PM

The storms in the midwest took over. And of course our government flooding peoples homes and businesses and farms are not news since it help protect other areas.

I am still having a real issue on this, our tax money built the levies, and then our tax money was used to blow up the levies to flood land that was protected, so that areas that did not pay for or have levies would not be flooded.

And not a word when the government will pay me for all of the losses, since insurance says it was not a natural caused since man blew the levies.
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2011, 07:21 PM
    Good luck with all of that Chuck seems a lot of people would be affected

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search