Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    38bertram Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2011, 06:21 AM
    "Booster" Pest Control Treatment
    We just received a letter from our pest control company (Company A) that we are due for a termite booster treatment. We have been given three options, and I quote.

"Option1: Allowing use of Termidor Perimeter plus eliminating some drilling and or treatment allowing us to keep your costs down which will require us to have a waiver signed for our records. This will in no way affect your coverage. Home will be under a 10 year annual renewable bond." Cost is $600.00

"Option 2: A full treatment with Termidor for a 10 year annual renewable bond, but with an increased labor and chemical cost we will add an additonal $150." Cost is $750.00 with an annual renewable cost of $120.00 per year.

"Option 3: Give us a call to inquire about our 5 year plan with Imidacloprid (Aggreszor 75 WSP), a slightly cheaper option. This is perfect for those who plan to sell their home in the next couple of years."

We called Company B to ask what they offer. Company B stated "Termidor Perimeter" has an 85% failure rate and they stopped using it 4 years ago. Company B is coming this week to give us a quote.

We will post Company B's quote after receiving it. In the meantime, we don't see anything negative on the internet about the effectiveness of Termidor Perimeter. How do we determine who to trust?? :rolleyes:
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

May 19, 2011, 12:58 PM

Would it be possible to ask each company for references (customers that have used / not used the product - of course these would be customers that would allow such info to be shared.. ) and contact them to get info on its effectiveness?
    rmorales25 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2011, 10:02 AM
    I work for a Pest control Company and I can Tell you that there multiple treatment options for termite work, I was surprised that Company A didn't offer a Termite Baiting System option with Quartely Monitoring as this is a very effective treatment if you do not have termites currently, any reputable company would guarantee that you wouldn't get termites and if you did the cost of treatment would be guaranteed. As for The question Of who To trust I can't answer that I know that I give my customers every option and lititure for them to read so they can educate themselves and make a decision that best suits their needs. Termidor is a fantastic chemical to use for termite jobs some companies don't use it do to cost and I bet that is the real reason Company B stopped using it...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

"Form" placed in "Microsoft Access" can be accessed from a "Button" in "VB.Net" App [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Actually, I'm not very well in programming but a task is assigned to me related to .Net. Basically, there is a database in Microsoft Access. I have made forms in it which are based on queries to retrieve required results. I have also made graph of it. Now, I have to merge this...

Fault " f dl " loose/bad connection or bad "control/ccu" Kenmore HE4T washer [ 0 Answers ]

Trying to determine if Fault " f dl " is loose-bad connection or bad "control-CCU" on Kenmore HE4T washer. As plomero posted in Feb , I have replaced the door latch mech. And still receive the fault... noting what mscreations posted in repile I wiggled the 4 prong at the ccu while it was in the...

Why do we give speciffic people "Special Treatment", does it work? [ 7 Answers ]

Now first off, I'm not saying that these people are bad, wrong, or unacceptable. I'm not saying people should stop helping these people but, I'm saying if we might realize that we are all equal and that we are one of the same, maybe we could learn to get along and work together. I...

Looking for adivce on a "pest" issue [ 5 Answers ]

OK, I have a very interesting problem I expected to be caused by a completely different animal... basically we have been having an issue where our garbage pails have been attached by something on several nights... now living in the north east, I right away expected it to be a racoon... so,...

View more questions Search