Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dck133 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2011, 07:14 PM
    Water Softener not working
    It looks like my water softner (kenmore model 625.348471 or 625.348491) isn't working correctly. I read the manual just now and it looks like we used the wrong type of salt. We used rock salt - and the manual warns us not to because it has dirt and sediments that will stop the softener from working. Is there anything I can do to fix that myself or do I need to call in a repairman?
    rjh2o Posts: 58, Reputation: 13

May 11, 2011, 05:43 AM
    The eductor assembly is probably plugged. This is where the brine is drawn in to regenerate softener. If you have the manual it shows how to clean this out. When you pull the cover off it looks like a little space capsule on the left side of valve. This needs to be taken completely apart and cleaned. Sometimes there is a diagram for this inside the softener cover.
    RJ

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Softener Demand (auto) not working [ 17 Answers ]

I have a Sears Kenmore Demand Water Softener Model Number 625.3484490 Serial Number 14750 Date Code 962 ? 8 The unit is about 10 years old and I really can't afford to replace it right now. Yes, I'm capable of doing the repairs myself, just looking for a little insight before I dive in. I...

Water softener resin clogging water supply lines [ 1 Answers ]

We have a water softener that has a resin filter that has broken numerous times due to surges in water pressure. This time we didn't realize it had broken in time to bypass the softener and avoid getting resin in the lines again. We've already flushed the resin out of the 2 toilets and 2 sinks...

Constant running water noise, old water softener pipes? [ 3 Answers ]

When we bought our house, it came with a decommissioned water softener in the laundry room. The pipes behind it (I'm assuming in and out) were capped off with plastic plugs that toggle back and forth. If you're familiar with Dr. Dolittle, I'd call it a pushmi-pullyu setup. (sorry, I'm an admin, not...

New Ironout Water Softener Not working [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I have read through some questions in the forum and didn't see one like the scenario I am about to explain. Some background.. We have well water with high iron. In May 2006, we had our well "redeveloped" to the tune of $2500. Basically, chemically cleaned, new well pump, tank, gauge...

View more questions Search