Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mjworley72 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2007, 12:17 PM
    What's the Standard Plumbing for a Double Sink Vanity
    I recently remodeled my bathroom, which could previously only accommodate a 30" single sink vanity, to be able to contain a 60" double sink vanity.

This was done by moving the wall on one side of the original vanity about 30" from where it was.

Looking at the vanity that I want to buy, there are support braces for holding the drawers in the vanity right at about the height of normal stub outs and waste pipes on the very right and left sides of the vanity. i.e. if I plumb (behind the drywall) for two separate sinks, the actual vanity would block the stubs.

Is it normal to plumb one set of stub out right to the center of the vanity (where there's plenty of room) and then T-off inside the vanity for both the supply and waste lines?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 9, 2007, 01:12 PM
    Is it normal to plumb one set of stub out right to the center of the vanity (where there's plenty of room) and then T-off inside the vanity for both the supply and waste lines?

I would run one stubout out the open part of the cabinet and wye off from that with two traps to pick up the lavs. I would bring the hot and cold out on either side of the stubout to 1/2 X1/4 X1/4" double angle stops,(see image) and supply both lavs off them. Good luck, Tom
    carl59 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2011, 05:22 AM
    Does the main vent stack for a bath be before the fixtures or can I run it at the end of the 4" waste line?
    Thank you carl
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

May 9, 2011, 08:14 AM

Hi Carl...

The main vent stack can be at the end of the run as long as the plumbing fixtures are taken off the main via wye fittings and they are all properly vented as required by your local code.

If the 4" line is accessible you may even want to consider installing a full size test tee fitting (cleanout) in the vent stack in case the bathroom drain ever backs up you can snake the drain without needing to pull the toilet or go on the roof... ;) Just a thought!

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plumbing double sink [ 2 Answers ]

We recently had new corian countertops (including corian sink) put in. My husband Connected the plumbing. Now, when I wash dishes in one side the suds back up into The other side. What is wrong? It drives me crazy.

Replacing single sink vanity [ 3 Answers ]

I'm replacing my single sink vanity with a double sink vanity. Can I use the water supply lines that were for the single sink for the 2 new sinks. What do I use to supply both sinks?

Double Sink and Width of Sink Base [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I just bought my first condo, and immediately changed the appliances (my fridge is now larger than the previous one at 30 inches wide (normal I know). I am not replacing the cabinets. I have limited space on one wall, so I need to DOWNGRADE from a 36 inch SINK BASE to a 33 inch SINK BASE. My...

Replacing Sink Base, need a double sink? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I just bought my first condo, and immediately changed the appliances (my fridge is now larger than the previous one at 30 inches wide (normal I know). I am not replacing the cabinets. I have limited space on one wall, so I need to DOWNGRADE from a 36 inch SINK BASE to a 33 inch SINK BASE....

No running water in one sink of double vanity [ 8 Answers ]

Hello all. I have an original (1990) builder-grade double vanity in my master bath. One sink works perfectly, the other sink will not run water. I checked the shut-off valves under the sink, they seem fine. There was no reason for them to have been turned off anyway, I was just making sure. ...

View more questions Search