Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jameslee0210 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2011, 10:08 PM
    I can't trust my girlfriend... please help me.
    Hi there,
    I can't trust my girlfriend. Period.

We've been together on and off for more than 5 years, when I was 17 and she was 15. She's my high school sweetheart.
    And she cheated on me little over two months ago. Well, before she cheated on me, we were having a rough time.
    We were constantly arguing/fighting over same issues, rough time, and she found a 'friend' who was treating her like a princess. Ok that's fine, I'm cool with that, but the night of our 5th anniversary, she got drunk and told me that she no longer know which one she likes more.

Ha,

And then, we broke up on the Valentine's day, which hurt me more, but then like 3 hours after we broke up, she went for a dinner with that guy. I found out because she told me so.

Ok that's all good now, we are back together, but, we had been constantly fighting and arguing again because she didn't want to cut the connection with that guy, even after we are together and they broke up. So after like 13 nights of suffer, I called it off. I told her that I can date someone who cheated on me previously, but I can't date someone who is in a constant relationship with the person she cheated on.
    So, she said, OK fine, I'll ignore all his calls, texts, etc. So we were good again.

But the main problem is that,, I can't trust her anymore.
    She used to call me every night before she goes to bed, and I used to hang up when I think she's asleep.
    But she doesn't do that no more which is cool but when we are not on the phone at nights, I just can't help myself thinking she MIGHT be with that guy. OK, she meant so much to me, and I went through various psychological breakdowns and symptoms during the 2 months we broke up.

My question is that, is it normal for a guy who was cheated on not to be able to trust that person?
    And, if I can't seem to move on and fully trust her, what should I do?

Just ignore whatever happened and unconditionally trust her?

She is going to a party this Friday night, and I can't,
    She'll get drunk like hell and I just have no idea what that would feel like to me...

Please help
    trustn011 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2011, 11:38 PM
    Don't go be the adult. Ya its normal to feel jealousy and not being able to trust someone especially after they cheated. My policy on women is this I am the insurance broker and their the client. I trust the client not to get in any accidents or mishaps but I don't trust the other drivers. Once you screw up your rates go up and if you can't deal guess what? Your Cut off! Never be with a woman that's been with more than 4 guys I know that's a lot to ask these days but hear me out on this. If she gives it up to 4 different guys and than that means she really doesn't care about sex that much its more of an activity than an intimacy thing. Move on buddy I know its heard and you think she is the one but there more women out there. The first little while sucks all you think about is them and being a whore etc etc, but seriously be a man if your dad saw you cry over a woman eh would tell you to man up hopefully. Hope this helped
    ironhide262 Posts: 277, Reputation: 243

May 4, 2011, 06:58 AM
    Yes, it's normal for you to have these feelings.

It's one of the fallouts of taking back a cheater. You either learn to trust and let her prove/earn that trust or you walk away.

No, you simply do not unconditionally trust her... it's an slow rebuilding process. You both should have talked heavily about expectations and limits. This process is 10 times as hard as initially getting back together!

But, take a look at your relationship.On again , off again for 5 years... constant arguing/fighting.. her cheating. These are not signs of a happy,stable relationship. What's so wonderful here that is worth this major effort? Sometimes you have to know when to cut it off... for the good of both of you.
    maninthehat Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2011, 07:35 AM
    I read "i can't trust my girlfriend. period." and before I read the bs that follows it, GET OUT. Or at least tell her why you can't trust her, give her a chance to correct it (hopefully not just hide it), and then reevaluate after a reasonable (short) amount of time. If she is the one, you would be able to trust her
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 4, 2011, 09:40 AM

I would have been long gone and given a lot of thought before taking a cheater back.

You wouldn't have to trust her if you kicked her to the curb, or worry what she is up to next.

Your choice, but unconditional trust is something that's earned over a very long period.
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2011, 01:51 PM
    Of course it is normal not to be able to trust someone again after they have cheated on you. Why would you take her back? Stop acting dumb and said her packing man, don't you notice that the benefits of being with her get overwhelmed by her being such a lousy girlfriend and allowing herself to be penetrated by someone else when that was your territory. You have lost her, let her go and go find someone who isn't going to be slutly

... sleeping around. Why put yourself in such an unhappy and nerve wrecking situation. Break up with her for good and go find someone who is going to respect you.

Good luck,
    Javi
    Jimmy78 Posts: 85, Reputation: 21

May 8, 2011, 02:17 PM
    Leave her alone my ex got mad at me because I told her that I can't trust her after finding out she was talking bad about me behind my back because the materialistic things she based her life and relationship on, she wasn't getting. Also she was upset because she couldn't keep up with her friend who is a baby making bum and have the things she has from the many baby father checks she gets that gave her the apartment that she has that my ex wanted just the same.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I trust my girlfriend [ 7 Answers ]

Here's the story When I got with my girlfriend she was not long out of an abusive relationship. Her ex had just been given 3 months for physically abusing her. When we were only a few weeks together she found out she was pregnant for her ex. Having heard her story I decided to stand by her and...

I can't trust my girlfriend [ 6 Answers ]

Hey! I am new to this site, but it seems to have a lot of intelligent people when it comes to relationships, so I thought I would give this site a shot :) I have been with my girlfriend for 5 months now, we are both 16 years of age. For the first few months our relationship was great, then we...

I can't trust my girlfriend. [ 831 Answers ]

Ok some may remember me while others won't. I have been with my girlfriend for 4 years now. We broke up after two and then got back together. Well I am 24 and she is 23. The day before yesterday I had time to spend with my girlfriend because I was working all week. We had a great time and I was...

Can't trust girlfriend [ 12 Answers ]

Hi everyone I'm here for some advice on my relationship and I'm hoping for some constructive feedback. Im not really one for splashing my personal life about the internet but please help me. Ok I have been with my girlfriend coming up to two years. Were both at college in different parts of the...

Can I trust my girlfriend? [ 11 Answers ]

Hello All. I would appreciate your opinions/advice on my current relationship situation please... So I have been going out with my girlfriend for just over 3 months now, I am 29 and she is 23. We randomly met and it has been amazing since day 1. It didn't take long before we fell in love, and...

View more questions Search