Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mtthome Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2011, 09:17 PM
    Chalky smell in house
    We just bought a 21-year-old house. There is a strong chalky smell on the main floor. The basement, crawl space and upstairs bedrooms don't really smell. The worst is the garage. We air it out all day, but after closing windows and doors you can smell it again. There are tiles in the smelly areas. Any chance it is the tiles or the grout? Is there a non-toxic, green sealant one can use on both the tiles and the grout?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 30, 2011, 06:15 AM
    Chalky smell usually comes from new concrete, not 21 year old. I do think a clear sealer will help. I used a drum of sealer for my foundation and inside concrete walls and floors. I don't think you will find anything 'green' though. I used a garden sprayer and got it all over me and didn't feel any sting or felt that I inhaled anything bad. Since it's made for interiors, I am sure it had to pass some guidelines for safety.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chalky smell in house [ 1 Answers ]

We just bought a 21-year-old house. There is a strong chalky smell on the main floor. The basement, crawl space and upstairs bedrooms don't really smell. The worst is the garage. We air it out all day, but after closing windows and doors you can smell it again. We have asked a few people to tell us...

Chalky discharge during sex [ 0 Answers ]

In the past two weeks i have been noticing a chalk like discharge while having sex.it is unprotected and im sure its monogamus.it gets flaky on the bed and dried on me and my partner quickly and i don't stay lubricated long after... what is this?

Smell under house [ 1 Answers ]

There is a smell coming into different parts of our first floor. How can I check to see if it is a dead animal or plumbing?

Chalky discharge? [ 1 Answers ]

Whenever I have sex my discharge gets almost chalky and like clumpy. And sometimes I guess it dries up and it feels like dead skin when its dried up and its all piecy and gross.. I don't know why it does this! But its embarressing and its usually all on the bed after and I don't know what's going...

Foundation growing white chalky stuff [ 2 Answers ]

My Foundation in the basement is growing white chalky like stuff on it down by the floor this is not a room we really use just for storage. Is this something I should be worried about? Thanks Tara

View more questions Search