Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MartaD Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2007, 01:03 PM
    Moen kitchen faucet, almost no water pressure
    I have a Moen single handle kitcen faucet, about 5 years old. The water barely trickles out. I have removed the hoses, checked for "crud in them, found none. Water valves are at max. Should I take the whole faucet unit off of the counter? If so, how do I do that? What else should I do? How do I check the "filter" if there is one
    Ps. About a month ago my soft water unit malfunctioned and bled gunk into the lines... I cleaned out all the faucets/ hoses because flow was effected... but now its only the kitchen faucet and I can't find problem.Help!
    Thanks!
    Silverondo Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2007, 11:12 PM
    I had the same low flow problem with my Moen kitchen faucet, which was well over 5 years old. We replaced it with a new Pfister set when we installed a new countertop this past summer and we now have great pressure. If you have an experienced, trusted plumber as I do, have him look at it. I'm thinking your softener 'malfunction' could easily cause problems, although you didn't say whether this was going on before the softener problem.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2007, 07:26 AM
    You did unscrew the end of the faucet and clean the little screen? Shut the water off. Pull the cartridge. Snap off the plastic cap, unscrew the screw and pull the handle off. Unscrew the big nut under it and pull the whole works out. Clean it up. With it out, hold a towel over the faucet and crack the water open.

If that doesn't do it, you will have to work back further.

The bottom of the housing often unscrews from filters. Buy a new cartridge.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 29, 2007, 04:34 PM
    Should I take the whole faucet unit off the counter? If so, how do I do that? What else should I do? How do I check the "filter" if there is one
    Ps. About a month ago my soft
    Before you start replacing or tearing out the faucet , shut the water off, open up the faucet and pull the cartridge. Check the inlet ports for trash and crud. Now turn the water back on for a minute to flush out the sxupplies and valve body. Better now? Good luck, Tom
    ru1390 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2011, 04:16 PM
    Do any of you have tankless water heaters? Plumbers diagnosed that as the problem with my Moen faucet. The water heater had to be flushed and recalibrated and I got pressure to the faucet again.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Apr 27, 2011, 04:33 PM

This thread goes back to 2007, so I'm betting that they are set at this time, but I still think you raise a good point in that we will be getting more and more complaints like this as the newer tankless water heaters catch on!

Have a good day!

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kitchen faucet water pressure [ 2 Answers ]

I just purchased and installed my 3rd kitchen water faucet. It is a Moen two handle. The first faucet was some unnamed piece of junk. The second was a Peerless two handle. All three just dribble water out when they're turned on. After the Peerless and a complete kitchen remodel, I wanted to make...

No water pressure in my kitchen faucet [ 1 Answers ]

I am kind of puzzeled. We purchased an older home back in August of 06. We have been tolerating our kitchen facet and now something has to be done. The pressure in the rest of the home is great. The spray nozzel has great pressure but the faucet has very poor pressure and it just trickles out. ...

Very little water pressure in kitchen faucet. [ 2 Answers ]

I ask this question yeasterday, I cleaned then changed the aerator but it did'ny help. One thing I did'nt tell you is that I have a sprayer with my faucet set and the water comes out of it just fine, also the water draines out the sinks fine as well. Now what should I do? I have a Pegasus faucet...

Water pressure to kitchen faucet [ 2 Answers ]

The water pressure to my kitchen faucet is horrably slow for both hot and cold water. I noticed it when we first bought the home 2 years ago so I replaced the faucet and it actually got worse. The home is 10 years old. The pressure in the rest of the home is fine! Help! Is it the faucet??

Kitchen Faucet water pressure [ 2 Answers ]

Recently I replaced the kitchen faucet fixture in an apartment. The piping is old galvanized. We also replaced the supply lines and shut off valves. The supply lines are the new fangled flood proof lines that shut off automatically if the line is torn. The problem is we now have much reduced...

View more questions Search