Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dukki Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2007, 01:10 PM
    York Electric Furnace
    My York Electric furnace will not stay on. It runs for about 5 minutes then
    Shuts off. We do have heat, just temporarily.
    grandma215 Posts: 33, Reputation: 2

Mar 18, 2007, 04:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dukki
    My York Electric furnace will not stay on. It runs for about 5 minutes then
    shuts off. We do have heat, just temporarily.
    From your information, it sounds like your flame cencer is bad. It is a little rod that extends out in from of your flame. If you know how to remove it, you can take it out and sand it a little and it may work. This is only my opinion.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2007, 04:43 PM
    I highly doubt your electric furnace has a flame ''cencer'' or even a flame sensor. It may have a high limit switch meant to shut the furnace off if it over heats due to a lack of air flow or something. First step is to check your filters and make sure your registers are all clear and the air is free to flow and is flowing as it should.

You should also check the sticky at the top of the Heating forum. It has some great material prepared by our heating expert.
    grandma215 Posts: 33, Reputation: 2

Mar 20, 2007, 05:15 PM
    Sorry I missed the ELECTRIC on my first answer and for misspelling sensor. This could be the high limit switch or the thermostat could short cycle from amp draw because of calibration. To check which is bad connect the red and white wire together at the thermostat. If it still short cycles it will be the high limit switch and if not, you have a bad thermostat. Good luck.
    gerber99 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2011, 11:35 AM
    I'm looking for a printed board controlling my York electric furnace. The board # is 6EH20-1 rev B.
    gerber99 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2011, 02:48 PM
    Comment on gerber99's post
    To be more precise, the board # is 031-01213-0000 rev. A
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2011, 02:49 PM

Copy & paste this on the Google search bar. You will find many results. York 031-01213
    ang1969 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2012, 04:00 PM
    I have a york furnace and trying to find out whether it's a conventional or heat pump model # is N2AHD10A06A
    ang1969 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2012, 04:02 PM
    Is my york furnace a heat pump or conventional model # N2AHD10A06A
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2012, 09:56 PM
    The model # you are giving is for a electric air handler, a furnace will use gas to produce heat. One would assume you have a heat pump connected to the air handler but its not uncommon to have just a A/C unit. The heat pump or A/C unit is the out side part. If the blower will only stay on for 5 minutes I would check for a weak blower run capacitor first. If its not bad I would look at the blower. It sounds like it is over heating after it runs for a few minutes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

York Stellar furnace blower problem [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 19 year old York Stellar furnace. Model P1UCD12N04601B 57,000 btu's. This unit was salvaged from a military housing complex that closed in 1990. The unit shows very little wear. All the parts look new. The unit sat no operational for nearly 16 years. I removed the unit from the house...

York furnace not responding [ 6 Answers ]

Hi. I apologize in advance for the long post. I have a 10 year old York gas furnace (Model P1CK; Upflow; 32-112 MBH Output) that's been functioning in a peculiar way. The outside temp in this area has been about 65-70 daytime high and 35-45 at night. I have the thermostat set for 66 degrees...

York Furnace stops heating during the day? [ 3 Answers ]

Here is my story I have a York furnace and a Honeywell thermostat. I've run into a situation where either I don't know how to use a thermostat( its electronic) or something is wrong with my furnace. Previously, I would set my temperature on the thermostat and keep it on Auto. From there, the...

York furnace [ 1 Answers ]

Furnace works fine then turns off when house warms up to temp. will not come back on until I turn furnace off and on . Code flashes one time saying system lock out. What should I do ? Thanks mario

Old york gas furnace [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my name is pete I have a old york gas furnace not the newer type with the circuit board I need a wiring diagram for a typical york gas furnace.I installed a new blower motor and thermostat,new gas valve and cleaned all components.gas ignites but blower won't come on if thermostat is on auto but...

View more questions Search