Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeffnc Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2009, 02:31 PM
    Ghana Declaration Fee
    OK... this appears bogus. From what I've searched, this is like a BTA or PTA type fee which was discontinued. Maybe I'm wrong but is this valid. No way that I'm sending money... this person is on their own. Sent to me probably to see if I would react.

The statutory declaraton fee imposed on travelers, [ersonal or business trips out of Ghana
    Is declared cumpulsory by the Government of the people's republic of Ghana. 1992 constitution article 754 cross 1285.

Only should be checked for any traveler leaving the counrty an anytime to any 1st world
    Country(USA, CANADA , EUROPE, AND PARTS OF THE WORLD)

The minimum amount for declaration for first time travelers $4000.00 Businedd or personal

The minimum amount for declaration on second or subsequent travel out of Ghana is $2,000.00

All travelers are to declare a fee depending on the type of immigration requires declared
    ,after passport, visas, and all other travel d\ocuments are checked through

Any officer in charge of checking on a declaration fee should return amount back to traveler right the point of check and confirmation

Decalaration fee is cumpuslory and needed to ensure all Ghanians abroad on long term travel time live and has the assurance of the government of Ghana , a well based life
    Outside
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2009, 02:40 PM

Good, first person who posted here who said they would NOT send money. This is a very well known scam where people in Ghana (and other places to be fair) meet you online and try and get very friendly or start a relationship and ask you to pay various fees so they can come visit you.

There is a permanaent post at the top of the visas and passports thread about this.

Feb 4, 2009, 02:50 PM
    So I take it that this is bogus. Found a smililar thread

Dating scammer Ms. Rhoda Addo from Accra, Ghana

This was from the Ghana embassy dated in 2007.
    Interesting crap.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 4, 2009, 03:42 PM

Yes, and passports don't cost 1000 dollars, and you don't have to pay 1000's of visas, and you don't have to have 1000's in the bank to travel.

There is a medical exam required.

Feb 5, 2009, 07:41 AM

OK. And sending an email to the Ghana Embassy and when I get their reply I will post it here so others don't get caught up in this scam.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 5, 2009, 07:48 AM
    Actually go the US embassy web site in Ghana, that is where they have pages of this info already set up.

But the problem is, the people who fall for this are just not listening, this is the best and most well know fraud on the interent, but still 100's of people send money every day. They are loney and when some young thing says they are interested, they stop thinking about anything else.

But it is like the check cashing fraud, people still cash those checks, and send money back to people everyday, we had one in my bank yesteday, just not believing they have to pay back this 3000 plus dollars or they may have criminal charges placed against them.

Feb 18, 2009, 11:48 AM
    Just got my reply from the Ghana Embassy in Washington, DC. I even called the person and we had a very nice chat. They are in the process of updating their website to state want is required for Ghana citizens to travel to the US.
    The Ghana Declaration Fee is so bogus and they hope to clarify that on their site.
    I have attached the image of the reply letter I received.

Hope this can be searched by Google.
    Attached Images

build Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2010, 01:19 PM
    Comment on jeffnc's post
    My name is larry nichos I have someone in ghana that I was email to come to us but we have proble with the declartionfee she can get on the airplane to come to me I send money to her but we have proble in the airport t was the plane ticket and the pa
    kelly1111 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2011, 11:33 AM
    This declaration i true,i paid one for my girl to fly out of ghana and she is here happily with me,it is true but have to be verified with sealed stamps.some others use bogus ones but declaration is compulsory

Apr 21, 2011, 11:34 AM
    Comment on jeffnc's post
    This Fee Is There But It Have a New Way Of It,That is Just It,But It Is Fee That Has To Be Paid
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65

Apr 21, 2011, 03:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kelly1111 View Post
    THIS DECLARATION I TRUE,I PAID ONE FOR MY GIRL TO FLY OUT OF GHANA AND SHE IS HERE HAPPILY WITH ME,IT IS TRUE BUT HAVE TO BE VERIFIED WITH SEALED STAMPS.SOME OTHERS USE BOGUS ONES BUT DECLARATION IS COMPULSORY
    incorrect. "verified with sealed stamps." you are obviously part of the scam.
    Iwanttheanswer Posts: 5, Reputation: 0

May 3, 2011, 10:41 AM
    I have two questions: "the Declaration fee note imposed on travelers,personal or business trips out of the nation of Ghana declared compulsory by the Government of the people of Ghana, 1992 Constitution, Article 754, Croos1285, with signatures John Quaye, Chief Aviation Officer Ghana Immigration and Emmanuel Asante, Chief of staff Officer Peoples Republic of Ghana." Is this just directly by the Government of Ghana, Ghana Immigration Service ? Or is it that just directly into the scammers'criminal organization ?

May 3, 2011, 11:12 AM
    Comment on Iwanttheanswer's post
    That is a Scam,For Any Questions Concerning Immigration Please Contact Me So You Don't Get Scammed
    Iwanttheanswer Posts: 5, Reputation: 0

May 4, 2011, 08:10 AM
    I turn to talk to kelly1111, Hi kelly, what you do in everyday life? Is this your story of your daughter she is there with you when you paid for out of Ghana by this declaration fee note, is it true? To prove that your story is true, could you show me any details with any kind of paper, tells me the highlights that you lived through experience? If you're telling the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth, I have a lot of things according to the franchise by my encounter with a woman. Our relationship lasted at least more than eight months we exchanged emails, messages sublime generosity is flawless, just about every two to three days I even had the phone number to it This woman who lives with his mother and more, she has her camera. This is because the words of what they said by the autorities, lawyers and other sayings that are very controversial indeed contradictory.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ghana Citizen Declaration Fee to Visit USA [ 5 Answers ]

Would some one know the proper amount of the Declaration Fee Note for a Ghanaian Citizen to leave Accra and visit the USA, Ga. For a period of approximatley 60 days. The Passport and Visa has been issued and the flight ticket has been purchased. But I was told that the Declaration Fee to exit...

Declaration fee [ 14 Answers ]

I have a young lady planning on coming to visit me in California. She is telling me that before she can board the plane immigration is going to ask her to show $1,650.00 USD as funds to take care of her self while here. Per the letter she sent me. The statutory declaraton fee imposed on...

Statuary declaration fee for ghana [ 3 Answers ]

Is there an actuall fee, how much, or is this a scam?

Immigration declaration fee [ 1 Answers ]

What is a "declaration fee" in regards to immigration

View more questions Search