Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    windbag8287 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2011, 06:40 AM
    Pea-green colored water seeping from kitchen faucet
    The kitchen faucet is a single-handle model that raises and lowers to control water flow and side to side to regulate hot and cold. Last week a pea-green colored water began a slow ooz from somewhere inside the faucet. The tap water is clean and clean. I disassembled the faucet as much as possible and saw more of the pea-green water oozing up, but could not locate the source. This situation has me baffled. The faucet was installed by a plumber a couple of years ago, and this is the first problem we've had with it. I'd like to resolve the problem myself if possible. Any advice or suggestion as to what is causing this problem will be appreciated. Thank you.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2011, 06:01 PM
    Brass and copper oxidize to a green. You could have splashed an acid-vinegar or caustic that got under the oring and is slowly oozing out. I see this sometimes when I replace the orings and the outside of the valve body is green. As long as the tap water is clean you should be OK. You can easily disassemble this type of faucet, clean the valve body and put in new orings.
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2011, 06:51 AM

Hello Windbag,

Ma0641, Nailed it down you said that you disassembled the faucet so you removed the cartridge if is this true, remove it again and fill the faucet with white Vinegar let it soak flush it out try it again a few time, clean the cartridge and install you should be OK, good luck.

John

Apr 21, 2011, 10:15 AM
    Comment on ma0641's post
    Thank you very much for answering my question. The information you provided has helped me better understand the situation and possible fix. Now I just have to get-'er-done...

Apr 21, 2011, 10:20 AM
    Comment on afaroo's post
    Hello John... Thanks for answering my question with info that helps me better understand what probably happened to cause the pea-green ooz. I'll get-'er-done this weekend. Again, thank you, I appreciate your willingness to help.
    Greg.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water leak between the slab and the outside brick wall; seeping area kitchen. [ 2 Answers ]

My water company issued a bill indicateing that I used 31,000 gallons of water in two months. The checked meter which was newly installed last summer. Working properly. No wet spots in yard but I had noticed a few wet spots where the slab and outside wall meet. These wet spots are in the...

What would cause water from a kitchen faucet to be foamy and smelly when the faucet [ 3 Answers ]

When water first comes out of the kitchen sink faucet it is foamy and has an order. Both hot and cold. Then it clears up. Problem does not exist at any other faucet in house. New faucet in December 2009.

How do I replace kitchen faucet sprayer with a undersink water filter faucet? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a old kitchen kitchen faucet with attached sprayer. I want to install a Culligan undersink filter which comes with a water faucet that REPLACES the sprayer. I have very limited room under the sink to work in. I cannot even get any normal open end wrenches/adjustibles to work with limited...

Green Wool Pea Coat [ 2 Answers ]

Where can I find a green wool pea coat?

View more questions Search