Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maryavila8 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2011, 12:51 PM
    Why does the key not turn in the ignition on my 2005 honda civic ex se
    The steering wheel is locked; the key was hard to enter into the key hole
    sharper11 Posts: 369, Reputation: 102

Apr 18, 2011, 01:28 PM
    I've had similar issues. If the steering wheel locks, sometimes the key is hard to get into the ignition and turn. Put the key in, try to turn the wheel hard to the left or right and turn the key at the same time.

The wheel should loosen and allow the key to be turned.

(I'm assuming this is your problem, I do not know for sure). I am not a professional, just someone who experienced this before.
    DENNISBYP Posts: 5, Reputation: 0

Apr 27, 2011, 07:16 PM
    Silly question, but is that the same key you have since you got the car? Spare keys or Vallet keys can give those problems, also, if you live near the beach or the dessert, believe it or not, sand can get in the tumblers and cause that sticking feeling. I normally try a little WD40 in the key hole, insert key back and forth, then move the steering wheel in a left to right motion while turning the key.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't remove key from Honda Civic ignition on cold days [ 8 Answers ]

I have a 1991 Honda Civic DX sedan. On cold days (below 5C/40F) I cannot remove the key from the ignition after the car has been running. I live in Canada, so this makes for a very frustrating driving experience from November to April. A friend of mine has an Accord of similar vintage, and has...

Can't remove key from 96 honda civic ignition [ 1 Answers ]

I can't get the key out of the ignition of my 1996 honda civic. Someone suggested that it might be the ignition cylenoid (SP?). Does that sound correct? Is this easy to repair? Thanks for your help. Sue Hunt

Does the same key that opens door start ignition on 90 honda civic [ 2 Answers ]

I was given a 90 honda civic, but no keys. If I pop the door lock out and have a locksmith make a key, will it also work for starting the ignition or are there 2 keys? (one for door, the other for ignition?)

Lost ignition key 2002 honda civic [ 2 Answers ]

I have lost the only key to my Honda civic. The door was open but we cannot start the car. The dealer wants $ 250.00 to come get my car and make me a new key. I know I'm dumb but is there a better way? :( Thank You, James

Replacing ignition key cylinder 1990 honda civic [ 2 Answers ]

DOES ANYONE HAVE THE STEPS TO replace ignition key cylinder on a 1990 honda civic?

View more questions Search