Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LittleBlackKat Posts: 152, Reputation: 14

Sep 1, 2008, 11:02 PM
    How long should I leave my hair dye on?
    I heard from a friend that if you want a darker shade when dying hair, you should leave the dye on for a longer period. However, I also am aware that this can damage the scalp, and increase risks of hair breakage.
    But approximately, how long should I leave the dye on for? The box says 30-40 minutes, but is longer okay? (I have black dye by the way) Thanks.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Sep 2, 2008, 12:45 AM
    Black will cover most colors in the time that is allotted on the box or leaflet in the box. Leave it on for ONLY the amount of time indicated on the packaging.
    VeraH27 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2011, 09:31 AM
    black hair dye will cover all hair color and you should leave it on for the time the box says especially if it's a chemical dye there are some hair dyes which you are supposed to leave on for as long as you like, like neon or very bright colors like manic panic or fudge paintbox brands I find they go pretty much used out in 6 hours but that's because their 100% herbal and actrually kind to your hair DO NOT leave chemicals on for that long it'll kill your hair and it may break or go bald in all respect your friends WRONG black dye doesn't go darker in shades it is an original color and stays that way. I hope I've been a lot of help =]
    johndough Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2011, 11:13 AM
    You should always refer to the Manufactures instructions. Failure to do so may cause depression, restlessness, shortness of breath and a realization that your life didn't turn out quite the way you wanted it to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My long-term girlfriend wants to leave; and she did. I want her back. But how? [ 142 Answers ]

Ill try keeping this short so its easy to understand: My girlfriend and I have been together for 2-3 yrs. We are both 19 yrs old. Everything was nothing short of perfect until the last couple of months. During the "perfect" period, we had healthy relationship problems, arguments, and we would...

How long in sc do you have to leave a home if your being evicted? [ 1 Answers ]

My land lord is going to put a lock on my door with all my belongings inside. I have not received any notice in writing. Is it legal to put a lock on someone's door ? What do I need to do at this point? Thanks, ...

How long to leave the stuffing out after cooking it? [ 5 Answers ]

Or do I have to refrigerate it while the turkey is getting done and then reheat? It is not stuffed in the turkey, but in a pan and I thoughthat I could leave it out until the turkey was done (5 hours). Would be safe? Thanks

Possible long distance relationship.should I just leave him now? [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend of 2 1/2 years told me today he is thinking about moving away. It was quite a shock since just two days ago we talked about our future plans together. We have had a rough relationship and we have just stared on working to make it better and now he wants to move away. He says that in...

How long can I leave a new Labrador puppy home alone [ 14 Answers ]

I'm thinking of getting a Lab pup but I don't want to be cruel by leaving it on its own too much! I currently have exams so would be able to pop back home every 3-4 hours, and then after my exams and then after about 3 weeks, I will be home for a good 2 and a half months. Then I will be starting...

View more questions Search