Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Striving Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2007, 09:29 AM
    Accepted offer now how do I back out gracefully
    I accepted a new job offer. Now my current employer has offered a promotion and more money. How to gracefully back out of the new job?
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2007, 09:22 PM
    Hopefully you haven't signed an employment contract that lists specific penalties with this new company.

Just tell them thanks but no thanks. That is, if you haven't signed anything.

If you have more details are needed.

But if it is just an open ended employment contract, giving 1 week notification will work. Again, that is assuming your contract doesn't state how long you must give (here in Ontario its 1 week if you have been working with the company less than 5 years I think)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Non contency offer --- urgent! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, All: Me and my boyfriend signed a non-contingency offer on a house last month, after a week, we found there is some issues in the house and want to back out, we send the seller an fax with "Cancellation the contract and request return all full deposit" form, But seller want to claim some...

1099G (Filled 1040 NR EZ) and accepted 5000 standard deduction last year [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I had filled in a 1040 NR EZ last year. And in Line 11 for itemized deduction I used the 5000$ standard deduction for student from india (Was on F1/H1B in 2005 and H1B in 2006). Now I got a 1099G for my state tax returns. Everyone is saying if you did itemize your last year federal returns then...

Counter Offer [ 2 Answers ]

Is it possible to cancel a counter offer that has been accepted? If so how should I go about doing it?:confused:

Apology not accepted [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I have this guy that I recently met who became one of my good friends in a short period. He was nice and we got along together... I loved it. But then he told me he liked me and I didn't know how to handle that. You might say "oh, just tell him that you want him as a friend and blah, blah,...

View more questions Search