Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    btiessen Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2011, 02:13 AM
    Toilet Overflow help!
    I flushed my toilet and it overflowed and I couldn't get a towel in time and now there is water leaking into the basement through a big silver pipe that I think is the air/heater pipe, and leaking out of a small copper pipe. I have buckets underneath but I don't know what to do. Its 4:11 am and my dad is sleeping and has to get up for work in 3 hours... What do I do? Any ideas?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 12, 2011, 02:52 AM

I think he would have appreciated knowing the extent of the problem so he could have done some damage control. Sorry, a quick fix here is not possible. We are all volunteers so a plumber would probably not have been available.

Tick
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 12, 2011, 05:13 AM
    It is still overflowing, or it overflowed and stopped as the usual case?
    Did you use a plunger?
    Water may seem to be coming out of the copper pipe, but it may just be dripping along it, and if it's in the air duct, that shouldn't be a problem unless it works it's way back to the furnace flame and wiring.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2011, 01:19 PM
    Was the water flowing into a floor heater register? Probably fixed now but be careful what you flush-especially at 4AM.

Apr 12, 2011, 03:25 PM
    Comment on ma0641's post
    Yeah it was dripping from the heat register in the floor, but it didn't actually get to the vent in the bathroom where the heat comes out of, it seems to have seeped through the floor / baseboards or something.

Apr 12, 2011, 03:26 PM
    Comment on joypulv's post
    It stopped finnally. There wasn't that much water but I'm worried its going to get moldy or something between the floors.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2011, 04:00 PM
    That's entirely possible since the plate is usually cut at the floor boot. Were you able to get the toilet to flush? Brian

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How is a flush toilet overflow tube connected to the toilet? [ 2 Answers ]

How is a flush toilet overflow pipe connected? Can it be easily replaced? I'm guessing it is screwed into the bottom of the tank, but I'm not going to chance breaking something by attempting to remove it until I know what I'm doing.

Flush toilet upstairs overflow in toilet downstairs [ 3 Answers ]

We have a toilet in the basement which has never been used in our five years in the home. Yesterday, there was toilet water everywhere. When I flush upstairs, the water in the downstairs toilet rushes up. Is this related to a blocked stack pipe? Just guessing.

Toilet Overflow [ 1 Answers ]

What dose it mean when your toilets overflow into the bathtubs?

Toilet trying to overflow [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. We recently had trouble with our downstairs toilet. The toilet was leaking at the base and while repairing it the plumber noticed that the cast iron flange was cracked. The flange was replaced as well. However, now when we flush the toilet, it flushes but gets dangerously full like it is...

Toilet overflow [ 2 Answers ]

The answer from Keppitsimplestupid was helpful in guideing me in new directions. Just yesterday we had a whole house water treatment system installed. Today(no Conection) we noted another brown spot on the ceiling under the worst offending toilet. Keep it simple mentioned the flange which...

View more questions Search