Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    silverstar77 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2011, 04:22 PM
    Violation First Offense
    My boyfriend violated his probation, and was picked up last week, for 3 new charges, which were failure to comply, simple possession of marijuana, and driving under suspension. He was not attending his classes and he did not pay. I'm not sure how this will turn out but they did set his probation bond at 3,000.00 and his hearing is in a week. What do you think will probably happen? This is his first offense. Thanks!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2011, 04:29 PM

I think he will go to jail. Being on probation obviously didn't teach him anything and so now he Court will attempt to get his attention.

Let's see - he didn't pay, he didn't attend classes, he was arrested on 3 new charges.

Yes, he should pack a toothbrush.

This is his first offense? Then why is he on probation?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2011, 04:31 PM

Hello s:

He didn't pay, didn't go to class, drove without a license, possessed some pot and failed to comply with a cop or somebody.

It doesn't sound like he LIKES probation, so I doubt they'll put him back on. I think he'll do his time.

excon

Apr 5, 2011, 04:35 PM
    Comment on excon's post
    Yes I know that does sound bad he's in jail now, and by the time he goes to court he will have done 30 days, but that's it and I think he owes 400.00 for probation right now. His probation officer said he only showed up one time since he was on probation. I was going to bail him out but I'm just trying to find out what will the outcome probably be and what is his chance of getting a second chance, and will I be wasting my money?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2011, 04:38 PM

You're wasting your money.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2011, 04:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by silverstar77 View Post
    will i be wasting my money?
    Hello again, s:

I couldn't say whether you'll be wasting your money or not. It depends on what you EXPECT for your money. Do you expect him to all of a sudden BE a citizen?? Really??

If you just want to get him out because he's your man, I can understand that.

excon

Apr 5, 2011, 04:39 PM
    Comment on JudyKayTee's post
    I see and yes he was very stubborn about going and paying. I'm not sure how this is going to turn out because its truly up to the judge. I can only hope for the best. And yes I think this is his first offense, or first time violating the probation I should say. I was going to bail him out but I'm just wondering will I be wasting money. He's in jail now I'm wondering will they send him back, and what is his chance getting out?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Felony probation violation (first offense) [ 11 Answers ]

My boyfriend was arrested vop on a felony charge Friday. It was his first violation. He had smoked marij and told his officer as he was being asked for a urine sample. She did not allow him to pee even though he wanted to. She wrote that he refused his test which isn't really true. He just...

Probation Violation 1st Offense [ 3 Answers ]

My son is on deferred adjudication probation he recently went to comprehensive assessment and treatment services program that is part of his probation requirements. The counselor he meet with said that a couple of months ago that his urine test came back dirty. The counselor told him that he needed...

Misdemeanor Violation of Probation (first offense) [ 6 Answers ]

Hello. In 2009 I was charged with Petit Theft (>$30). I was not arrested at the scene of the crime and I was given an order to appear. (THIS IS IN FLORIDA) I appeared in court and was given 90 days admin probation, community service, and court costs. Unfortunately I was unemployed and unable...

Probation Violation, First Offense [ 6 Answers ]

I was arrestred on a domestic abuse causing bodily injury charge a few months back in Iowa and I was arrested a couple of weeks ago for a indecent exposure charge. I am on probation currently and I have been attending my classes and haven't done anything wrong since I was put on it. Do you think I...

Probation violation 1st offense [ 3 Answers ]

My friend is on probation and got violated for the first time for obstruction of justice(1st offense ever) and a DUI(1st offense ever)but he also got charged with assault on a family member, which will be dropped by that family member before his court date for it. Does he qualify for a bond...

View more questions Search