Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    A_ratcliff Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2011, 09:42 PM
    Sick dog won't eat or drink.
    I have a 7 month old dog and she recently became ill.(with in the past 4 days). First she wouldn't eat and she was only drinking water. The next day she tried to eat a small amount of chicken but not much maybe a ounce; but she was still drinking water. I thought she might have had really bad worms so I D-wormed her. Then she wasn't eating or drinking.and compleatley out of energy. Which really concerned me. I have been making her drink gator-aid, water mixed with a bit of honey. I have also been trying to make sure she gets some nutrients so I have been also giving her a raw egg each morning.( this happens to be her favorite treat :)) her energy is back she seems a little happier and wagging her tail more but she is still not eating or drink anything (other than what I have forced upon her). She threw up a few times and had diarriea once but that has stopped.(which is a good sign).Also, Her gums are a healthy pink rosey color. I am going to take her to the vet when I get my check Monday morning I just wanted some advice what to until then..
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2011, 09:47 PM

Try cooking browned hamburger and rice. These ingredients smell good and are easy to digest.

Unfortunately, with such a young pup, it really could be anything. You're going to have to seek a vet. Just monitor her behavior and continue to get her to eat something and drink something until Monday comes around. Sometimes with Emergency visits where the dog has to be hospitalized, you don't have to pay anything until the dog is discharged.. so please don't hesitate to rush your dog in for the weekend to be put on fluids. The most dangerous part is not giving enough water.
    A_ratcliff Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2011, 01:41 PM
    Good news she just had a bad tummy ache, she began eating the same night that I posted this topic and she was drinking water.. :) They said at the vet that she just has a sensitive stomach and to change her food and she will A OK! I am soooo happy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Being sick but not food.. Can't eat or drink. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there I was just wondering if there is anybody who may know what is wrong with my partner. Yesterday he had 1 bite of a burger then he had to run to the toilet to be sick and after felt hot. He was feeling fine before then. The thing is he's not actually throwing his food up. Its hard to explain...

What do dog eat and drink? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm doing research and I want to now what dogs can eat an drink

My dog will not eat or drink [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 4 yr old black lab who is a rescue dog. We found her at 10 weeks old under the porch in a very bad neighborhood. She was malnourished and infested with worms. We were told by the vet that her growth will be stunted and her stomach will be really sensitive. She has done very well over the...

Dog won't eat or drink [ 1 Answers ]

My two year old Fox terrier refuses to eat or drink. I took him to the vet yesterday and had xray's and bloodwork done on him to check for a vuirus or blockage in his stomach, but both came back as negative. However, he still refuses to eat or drink. He remains active and energetic. Any ideas,...

My dog won't eat or drink anything, what should I do. [ 5 Answers ]

His feces has no blood in it, and he hasn't threw up.

View more questions Search