Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    terrimartin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2011, 12:07 PM
    Proper attire for mother of gradutate?
    I am a 49 year old Step mother who wants to dress well for my step daughters high school graduation what do I do?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 30, 2011, 12:15 PM

I'd first ask my step-daughter what she thinks.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2011, 08:13 PM

I would wear a skirt with a jacket or cardigan, a daytime dress, or nice outfit with dress pants that would be appropriate for church. Don't overdo - keep it tasteful and simple, at least knee length for a dress or skirt. No hat - it annoys people who are trying to see the event. Avoid evening looks like sparkly things, anything low cut or too short - not the time to dress too sexy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Proper Attire for Mother of Graduate [ 4 Answers ]

What do I wear to my son's college graduation which is being held at 12:00 noon in a huge indoor facility?

Mother of the Groom Attire [ 1 Answers ]

My son is getting married in October. The bride's mother is wearing an ivory tea length dress. I can't find a tea length dress to fit. I wear a petite in ladies. I'm very limited in shopping locally. Can I wear an ankle length dress?

Mother in law wedding attire [ 8 Answers ]

My son is getting married and his fiancé just informed me that she wants her mother and myself to wear either an off chapagne or red mother in law suit. First of all, I have red hair and fair skin so neither of these colors will look good on me. In fact, they make me look awful. Secondly, I was...

Proper Interview attire [ 11 Answers ]

I'm having a battle with my daughter. She is going for an entry level administrative type position. She's been advised that she should be wearing a business suit. I'm telling her that for the type of position she is going for a conservative business suit is not necessary. A blazer with coordinated...

What Is Proper Interview Attire? [ 2 Answers ]

I am currently looking for administrative assistant or data entry positions. I already own a professional-looking suit for interviews and believe I am in need of another as I have several appointments over three days this week. However, my father is insisting that I do not necessarily need a...

View more questions Search