Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    miweir Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2011, 11:39 PM
    Meaning of an angel like or dove attached to the inside lid of a casket
    Have noticed angel or dove like ornaments attached to the inside of caskets at funerals. What is the significance and meaning of these. Thanks.

Van
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Mar 27, 2011, 06:37 PM
    I have never seen this before. I would imagine the angel would be self explanatory, although the bible does NOT teach that people become angels. The dove I would guess is symbolic of the deceased person's newly found "peace". Again, I've never actually seen this... so if anyone else has any suggestions I would be interested as well.
    Alethia312 Posts: 45, Reputation: 5

Jun 16, 2011, 02:49 AM
    The angel and dove are symbols closely associated with the Christian faith. Both have wings which can be interpreted as helping the deceased "leave his earthly existence and fly home to the Lord". Otherwise, they are just aesthetic ornaments that relieve the monotony of an austere casket.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My mobile home has a attached Garage, water leaks down the inside wall [ 1 Answers ]

The water runs down the inside wallof the garage. The outer wall of the mobile home. How do I fix this?

Casket crucifix [ 6 Answers ]

I bought a crucifix at a yard sale. I was told it was a crucifix from a casket. I am reluctant to bring it into my house until I know its safe from unwanted spirits. My questions are... can spirits, good or bad, attach themselves to a religious object? Should I have it blessed? Any help will be...

Issue with metal ring inside the flange that seems to b attached to plastic piping? [ 8 Answers ]

Ok I am a female and my husband is over in Iraq so Im taking on all the house repairs. The toilet was leaking so I was told to replace the wax ring... easy enough. Once I got the toilet off the flange was broken so I had to replace it, again easy enough. Except this has turned into a mess. It was...

Dove Shampoo [ 5 Answers ]

Hi there, I've seen the commercial advertising the new Dove Shampoo. You know the one that is suppose to be for damaged hair and make it smooth and shiny? I'm wondering if anyone has tried this shampoo and if it works for you.

View more questions Search