Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    michellet218 Posts: 51, Reputation: 0

Jun 24, 2008, 05:41 AM
    Why do I want to eat even when I'm full?
    :confused: Hello, Michelle again. I'm a 23 year old african american woman. I'm 128 lbs at 5 ft. I'm not fat, but my stomach is just a few inches too big. I am always craving food. I can eat a full meal and still crave something to eat! If I eat a full meal, I won't be hungry, I'll just crave more food. I'm always hungry or cravin, no matter what I eat or drink. I've tried eating healthy and I've tried to control this, but nothing works! I'm even hungry now! I want to stop before I get fat or I get a health problem. What should I do? Is this even normal? Is there a mental or physical problem that's making me fell like this? WHY?? Do pills work? Are pills even healthy for stuff like this? Please help!
    Fuchsia Posts: 58, Reputation: 5

Jun 30, 2008, 03:25 PM
    How much water are you drinking? You might want to increase your intake of water. Drink at least 5 glasses of water a day. Only water no pop or juice. Do that and see how you feel. Also you might want to increase your intake of fruits and vegetables too.
    Sonador101 Posts: 298, Reputation: 14

Jun 30, 2008, 03:40 PM
    Drink water, distract yourself. Get rid of all tempting food andwhenyou arefull do something, you like read to anythingto get yourmind off food.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2008, 04:30 AM
    They say when you have eaten a decent size meal to wait 20 minutes before going back for more because it takes 20 minutes for your stomach to feel full.
    Also they say there is a gene that tells you when you are full and some people do not have it.
    The only other thing I can think of is that you may have a high metabolism and causes you to be hungrier.
    rdbirge Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2008, 07:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by michellet218
    :confused: Hello, Michelle again. I'm a 23 year old african american woman. I'm 128 lbs at 5 ft. I'm not fat, but my stomach is just a few inches too big. I am always craving food. I can eat a full meal and still crave something to eat! If I eat a full meal, I won't be hungry, I'll just crave more food. I'm always hungry or cravin, no matter what I eat or drink. I've tried eating healthy and I've tried to control this, but nothing works! I'm even hungry now! I want to stop before I get fat or I get a health problem. What should I do? Is this even normal? Is there a mental or physical problem that's making me fell like this? WHY???? Do pills work? Are pills even healthy for stuff like this? Please help!
    Well, it's my guess that your leptin levels are too high (leptin is the hunger hormone) or you are insulin resistant - do you have polycystic ovarian syndrome? (pcos - irregular periods, excess hair growth, etc... ). You can be thin and have pcos... just wondering. My suggestion is make sure you are getting plenty of fiber and protein (protein satisfies us longer and fiber slows down the digestive system). Call or email me if you want.
    michellet218 Posts: 51, Reputation: 0

Jul 2, 2008, 05:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rdbirge
    Well, it's my guess that your leptin levels are too high (leptin is the hunger hormone) or you are insulin resistant - do you have polycystic ovarian syndrome? (pcos - irregular periods, excess hair growth, etc...). you can be thin and have pcos...just wondering. My suggestion is make sure you are getting plenty of fiber and protein (protein satisfies us longer and fiber slows down the digestive system). call or email me if you want.
    Wow, I DO have PCOS! I actually posted a question about my PCOS last year on this site! Read & reply to it if you would like. It'll help me out. I had irregular periods until they put me on birth control, but I don't have that excess hair growth that I heard about. I will do my research on leptin. Do you think multi-vitamins are a good idea to get my fiber and protein from, plus other vitamins that I may need that'll help my PCOS? I brought plums, bananas, and water to work w/ me this morning so that it may help me fight cravings also. Thanks so much for the information, that just might be where my cravings are coming from!
    rdbirge Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2008, 06:24 PM
    There's a hungerhormones website that explains more about leptin. You can't get fiber from a multivitamin or protein (only vitamins and minerals). That's why I recommend bios life slim. Read more at:
    Get_Sleazy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2011, 04:23 PM
    Oh my gosh. I have the same problem. Like right now, I stuffed myself with candy, even when I didn't want to, and now even when I'm full and my stomach kind of hurts, I still want more.
    amnelsy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2012, 01:16 PM
    When I am fool eating I still want to eat more and I don't want to and I do it
    Annathemoo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2012, 05:18 PM
    Try chewing gum as a distraction from eating :)
    Gamed Posts: 269, Reputation: 29

Aug 18, 2012, 07:24 AM
    Ok so no one here has yet pointed out the most likely reason...

When you eat crap toxens build up in your body that make you crave more crap. Its like a brainwash technique sounds crazy but never the less true.
    Heathergale Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2012, 08:46 PM
    LOL... Michelle.. iread your question and was hoping to read some sort of answer that actually answered you... BUT... nope!

Nobody really seems to understand the question... and I have tried asking the very same one~

I eat fruits and veggies over the recommended amount
    I drink at least 8 glasses of water a day ( and also have tea/flavored water and coffees as well)
    I chew gum
    I am NOT in any emotional state... I am very happily married and have good family and great kids and just the other day became a grammy to my first granddaughter.
    I eat the recommended amount of protein daily.
    I eat tons of fiber.
    And for me it would not be PCOS as I am 64 and started my menopause when I was 45 without any complications... mood swings... etc... ( I only seem to get some night sweats since I got older and gained weight )

So... where does that leave me to all these answers on here? Go check out more about "Leptin"~~ ( I am a nurse but never heard of this )

Thing is... for me... I just like to eat. I like the feel of food in my mouth. And tasting the flavors and swallowing it and savoring the taste and feelings.
    When my mouth is not eating... I miss it... my taste buds miss it...
    So in the end it comes down to the fact that...
    I CRAVE to eat! PERIOD!
    Stella0105 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2012, 07:10 PM
    Go to psychotherapy :)! Maybe your anxious about something! Sometimes when we don't want to deal with stuff we just eat them away...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is She Full Of Herself. [ 20 Answers ]

Well today I think I screwed up. I told her that I thought it was stupid of me to tell her that I liked her. She responded by saying its OK lot of my friends have had crushes on her. Is she a conceded b**** or what?

Credit Score Impact of Pay-in-full versus Settle-in-full [ 2 Answers ]

How can I calculate credit score impact (or improvement) when I decided to "pay in full" versus the decision to "settle in full" for old outstanding credit debts? I read it is always better to PAY in full... but am curious to quantify HOW much it helps me in doing that (and considering cash is...

Which is better settle in full or paid in full [ 20 Answers ]

I had a discover card opened when I was a young adult with my father(about eight years ago). As of a 18 months ago he stop paying on it even though the charges were made by him. Now I'm trying to take a step towards business ventures and this and some other things are on my credit are present. I...

1/4 full [ 6 Answers ]

I ' purchased a pepsi that was 1/4 full/ It was one of the six that I had bought. Do I have a law suit?? I still have the unopened can...

Full time student with Full time housewife [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Hope someone can help. I am going to professional school. My wife and I have three children and are living completely off student loans. We had no income in 2006 that had a W2 attached to it. That is, the only income we made was off eBay and odd end jobs throughout the year. Do I need...

View more questions Search