Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wlor255 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2011, 01:21 AM
    Can't Find a Job While on Probation
    My question involves criminal law for the state of: Wisconsin

I am 19 and currently in probation for many bad choice I made when I was in High School. I am current put in probation for 2 years and I have to pay $3000 within my probation period. I currently live in Wausau Wisconsin and over here I CANNOT find a job that would hired me. I recently got a job interview at Ashley Furniture but it is located in Lacrosse but my probation officer will not let me move unless I pay at least $500. Right now she encourage me to go to the interview but I cannot move unless I pay $500 and as of right now I can't find a job anywhere and my interview is in a couple days. I am living with my biological father at the moment and if I do move and get the job then I'll be living with my biological mother and I will be supporting them if I can move. I would like help here on how can I move from Wausau to Lacrosse because of work problems and I need to know right away what I could do. I am very poor to afford $500 right now so I can't do much.

Overall I have no money to pay $500 to move to lacrosse and I have a job interview there but my probation officer will not let me move to work unless I pay $500. I am really trying to turn over a new leaf and I have quit all drugs and been tutoring my little brother on his schoolwork and it seem my probation officer doesn't care.

Another suggestion my biological father suggest that is that I go to my interview, get the job, then write a letter to my lawyer or judge in charge about me moving without paying the $500 but require to pay the fines with most of the paycheck I get if I land the job.

PLEASE HELP, I AM VERY DESPERATE TO CHANGE MY LIFE BUT SOME PEOPLE JUST DON'T WANT TO HELP. I HOPE YOU ALL CAN UNDERSTAND. I would really appreciate that you guys don't flame me but just suggest to me what I could do.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2011, 04:47 AM

Hello w:

When I was on probation, the PO couldn't tell you WHICH city in the state you could live in. I'll bet your state is the same... Ask your PO to show you the rules that says you CAN'T move to LaCrosse...

Yes, this is going to cause a confrontation with your PO, but that's the way it goes with PRICK PO's.

excon

Mar 17, 2011, 05:18 PM
    Can anyone help me?

Mar 17, 2011, 05:19 PM
    excon, she told me she wouldn't do the transfer unless I pay $500 to her.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 17, 2011, 08:00 PM

First if this is within the same state, how far away is it, can you still drive and see the same PO without transferring,

You should not have to get permission but merely notify them of the move if it is within the same state.

But you get and ask for a official transfer form from the PO, and ask them to show you in the manual how the transfer works, if you have to transfer.

Sounds like your PO is either "shaking you down for 500 dollars) or lying to you, to mess with you.
    Without knowing all the other details, it is hard to say, but this does not sound right at all.

Did you ask for this statement in writing,

Mar 18, 2011, 09:17 AM
    Fr_Chuck
    Where I am moving is a 4 hour drive away from my current PO and I do need a transfer and yes it is in the same state. She told me that she WILL not fill out the transfer form unless I pay $500 and I don't have the money unless I do get transfer and work. Please reply Fr_Chuck
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2011, 09:36 AM

Hello again, w:

You have TWO choices... You either lay down for your PO and stay, or you fight for your rights. There's nothing else to do. It's ONE or the OTHER. You LOOK like you want to fight because you're very troubled by what she's doing. Yet, you think the Padre or somebody else can come up with a solution BETTER than causing a confrontation... I wish it were so. I WISH probation officers obeyed the rules, then people like you and me wouldn't have to FORCE them to obey their own stinking rules... But, they don't, and we DO, so let's get on with it...

The only way to fight for your rights is to FIND out what your rights are. You can't complain about a right that you don't have, can you? As I suggested before, your RIGHTS are LISTED in the book I asked you to inquire about. These are the RULES. It isn't UNFAIR that you ask for a copy of the rules... How can you play the game if you don't know the rules?? You can't, and that's WHY your PO doesn't want you to SEE the rules, because then you'll find out how much she's been screwing you over... That doesn't mean you don't have a RIGHT to see the RULES. You DO.

To recap; WITHOUT the RULES, you're flying blind and NOBODY can help you.

Now, once you HAVE the rules, I'll just bet there's NOTHING in there about a requirement that you pay a certain amount of your fees, or restitution, or whatever the money is for BEFORE a transfer is approved. In fact, you just might find, like the Padre and I suggested, that there is NO requirement at all for you to move ANYWHERE you like within the state.

Just simply ASKING for the rules will put your PO on notice that you've gotten some advice somewhere, and if she's BS'ing you, instead of showing you the rules, she'll probably say you can move...

So, to recap; you need to know what your RIGHTS are, and your RIGHTS are spelled out in that book.. You need to READ that book.

excon

PS> If you're hesitant to do this because you're afraid she won't like you anymore, here's some news - she ALREADY doesn't like you.

Mar 18, 2011, 05:23 PM
    All right thank you guys, I WILL without a doubt ask for the rulebooks about moving with probation. It's my life on the line and I NEED to move really bad to help my other family and myself with the job. Thank you for your expect advice and I hope that you guys in return live well for your honest and straight forward answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I find a job while I am on probation for a misdemeanor? [ 3 Answers ]

I am on probation for two misdemeanor offenses, possession of marijuana(even though I did not have it on my person another person in the car I was in did) and underage consumption 2 weeks later(another offense that I should not be paying any price for since the police agreed to drop the charges if...

I have finished my probation why can't I get a job? [ 5 Answers ]

I had one year of probation. I went to court and was told that I had completed the year. I was given a paper stating that. However when I go and apply for a job no one seems to want to hire me. Do I need to hire an attorney to get this off my record?

Can't Find Job Anywhere & Probation Fees or JAIL Time! [ 1 Answers ]

I really don't know what to do I'm on 2 different probation now!! First probation is 4 driving on a suspended license ( 4got about a seat belt ticket I had gotten like 3 years early. Sentenced 12 months probation & a $1800.00 fine plus $35 a week probation fee this is really being understanding as...

How to tell a job about felony probation [ 1 Answers ]

I was hired for a job about 5 months ago. About 2 months ago I was arrested for somethng that an attorney could get me out of but I had to take a public defender.. How do I tell my employee? :o :( :confused:

Probation and a job [ 2 Answers ]

An individual is hired at a job while in a work release center and is placed on probation with the requirement to have a job. If this person is fired from their job, must the employer contact anyone legally? I would greatly appreciate any help that can be offered on this. Thanks!

View more questions Search