Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adecaval Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2007, 09:02 PM
    Account frozen can I open new one somewhere else
    My bank account was frozen in August due to a Judgement. Another 2 liens have been added since. One I am paying through a garnishment the other through payment arrangement. Would I be able to open a checking account in another bank so that I can pay my bills and deposit money in it??
    JUSTICEOWUSU Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2007, 01:42 PM
    A credit card company has frozen my account without any from court.I will like to know if it is legal.if it is legal can I open another from another bank?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 5, 2007, 08:43 AM
    Hello to both of you:

NO. Your new bank will ask about your present bank. If you lie, you could go to the slam - and they'll find out about it anyway. Don't you think the bank is going to run a credit check on you?

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 23, 2007, 05:43 PM
    Ok first they can't freeze your account without a court order, so they have one if your account is frozen.

You go to antoher bank, give them money and open an account,

But most likely they will find the new one in a couple months, since to open the bank account they run a credit check, which shows up, so you will need to open a new account every couple months most likely to stay ahead of them following you.
    Ava4help Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2008, 06:13 PM
    Will the account be frozen if only social security goes into it? The money is not touchable.
    rita22now Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2011, 01:35 PM
    I owe one bank money but I need to open up a new bank account
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 11, 2011, 01:39 PM

Please open one thread for each question - asked and answered.
    niceanupoma Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2012, 09:45 PM
    My bank account was frozen few months ago. Can I open new bank account to pay my bill?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2012, 03:44 AM
    Sure, if the bank will accept you as a depositor. Can that second account be frozen? Yes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Account frozen [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Hope I am doing this right. Just found out over the Internet my Bank account has been Frozen. Not mush in it I get ssi.going to call the Bank when they, I don't knon anybody I own, But I am very upset? Thank for your answer. Pat:(

Frozen account [ 1 Answers ]

My account was frozen due to a credit card the ex and I had how or can I open a checking account some other bank just to cash checks?

Frozen Bank Account [ 7 Answers ]

My bank account was recently frozen because of an outstanding credit card balance. I live paycheck to paycheck, I called the bank and they just said an order was put through and that there was nothing they could do. I called the number the bank gave me for the company that got the judgement. I...

Frozen account [ 3 Answers ]

My Bank account was frozen for a past creditor,and I have direct deposit going into my account next week. Will I be able to withdraw my funds?

Checking account frozen [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, My mother had her bank account frozen due to her credit card situation. Where can she cash her Social Security checks, Thanks

View more questions Search