Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    collegegirl09 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2011, 10:08 AM
    2nd Offense shoplifting
    I have been arrested for the second time for petit theft shoplifting. I am 19 and a college student. The first incident happened in Florida and has been exsponged from my record. But now I have gotten arrested again and I have court in afew weeks. What's going to happen to me? Am I going to go to jail? Do I need a lawyer? The value of what I took was $8.00.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 10, 2011, 10:14 AM

Wow, you got caught for lifting 8 dollars worth of something ? Second offence and the first one expunged. I don't know, they may throw the book at you for this one.

Tick

Mar 10, 2011, 10:15 AM
    What does that mean "throw the book"?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 10, 2011, 10:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by collegegirl09 View Post
    what does that mean "throw the book"?
    you have never heard of that expression? It means that they will probably give the ultimate sentence for shoplifting.

Just kidding, but why 8 bucks ? Were you feeling lucky ? You will probably be severely reprimanded by the judge and given community service.

Don't really know what they will do, they have a complete bag of tricks to access but you won't get this one expunged.

tick

Mar 10, 2011, 10:23 AM
    I did feel as if it would be easy to get. But it was so dumb and I feel horrible and I'm so scared of what will haooen to me. Im praying I just get some type of community service and a fine. Im a sophomore in college and I don't know what's going to happen. I know this was a huge mistake.
    suecanada Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2011, 11:21 AM
    So what happened to you when you went to the Judge.Just wondering.Did you get lucky.DId you get a criminal record .Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Was arrested for shoplifting.first offense [ 1 Answers ]

Spent the night in jail.bond was $320. I just got a job. Only saved like $300. Don't think I'll have another check before the court date. Filled out the app. For public defender. Do you have to have the full fine the day of court? If you don't do they send you to jail. This happened out of state....

Consequences of first offense shoplifting [ 3 Answers ]

Wht are the consequences of first offense shoplifting?

Shoplifting second offense ! [ 2 Answers ]

Ok so I just recently got caught shoplifting for the second time and the law was involved both times. The first time I was sent to court and they put me in a community service thing, I live in Michigan, do you think they will make me do jail time?

1st Offense Shoplifting in NJ [ 2 Answers ]

Ok so my question is about a misdemeanor charge I received 2 years ago in the state of NJ. Basically what happened was I got caught with a friend shoplifting from a department store (my merchandise was under $50, hers was a little more). My friend decided to be very rude to the store security...

View more questions Search