Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    imadthegreat Posts: 53, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2011, 01:23 PM
    Forgot to include income
    Hi

I already filed my tax return for 2010. I forgot to include about $30 (that's thirty only) of my income from Android app I wrote. Google never sent me any document, so I don't have any 1099 or anything like that. What is my easiest option now, since I know I won't be owing more than $5 anyway.

Thanks
    Imad
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Mar 9, 2011, 02:23 PM
    Imad:

Forget about it. You did not get a Form 1099-MISC because NONE was required for a $30 payment; the threshold for producing a Form 1099-MISC for such matters is $600.

The IRS has no paper trail to show the income, so they will not be contacting about the missing money.
    imadthegreat Posts: 53, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2011, 03:07 PM
    Great. Thanks a lot for your answer.

Imad
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Mar 9, 2011, 03:23 PM
    Glad to help!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1040X - Forgot to include $ 80 interest income [ 1 Answers ]

Atlanta tax expert, When I filed my 1040 - 2009 return I forgot to include $ 80 in interest income. When I recalculated my taxes I found that I still owe $ 12.00 additional tax to IRS. So should I file form 1040 X. If yes, how do I know if I owe any interest panalty to IRS. I would really...

Can you include income tax in chapter 7? [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know if you can include income tax in a chapter 7? MoonDust

Receive a 1099-A. Should I include it in my income tax return? [ 2 Answers ]

I received a 1099-A in CA. The fair market value is less than the balance of principal outstanding. Should I wait for 1099-C to file income tax return? What should I do now on the income tax return? Will the bank go after me the debt or send me a 1099-C later?

Do I need to include US income to Indian Tax [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I was earning part of the year in India & part of the year in US(i.e I came here this Jul). Until Jun I was getting salary in India & paying India income tax. Now at the end of this Indian financial year do I need to include all my US salary + Indian salary until Jun, when I file Indian Income...

Include foreign income? [ 1 Answers ]

For 4 months of 2007 I lived in Korea... Ive gotten an extension for my 2007 taxes. My question is: Do I need to include my foreign earned income from Korea? I do know that I was not taxed in Korea and I believe there is a tax exemption treaty between the US and Korea... I need help and...

View more questions Search