Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 7, 2011, 04:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again:

30 joints is a lot. How many are ok? What's the minimum she can smoke before she gets ratted on?

excon
    For me it's not the number of joints she's smoking that's the main issue.

If she's smoking in front of the kids, that's the issue to me. If she wants to do pot then that's on her, but the kids don't have a choice. The least she can do is take it outside. There's no way she's doing that if she's smoking 30 joints a day and caring for all of these kids.

Thirty is excessive, and I don't see how she can be a good mom when she's stoned 24/7, which she must be if she's smoking that much.

I don't have a minimum number to offer.

If she smokes even one joint in front of her kids, that's when I'd rat her out.

If she has a few a day, but doesn't do it in front of her kids, continues to care for her children properly, then I don't have a problem.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2011, 05:08 PM
    Hello smoothy:

Certainly, if marijuana killed people, I'd think like you. However, not one single person has ever died from smoking pot - NOT ONE.

If you choose to make legal pronouncements about the people who use it, you SHOULD know the health risks. You don't.

excon
    It causes cancer... And that Fedral Law has been on the books for far longer than I've been alive.

Marijuana kills people just like anything else you might smoke. Tobacco included. And not just from cancer... from accidents caused while your reflexes are impared while under the influence. Just the same as it does to drunks. I don't drink heavily beyond a glass of wine or a beer with dinner sometimes... and I never smoke... anything.

THeere is ABSOLUTELY ZERO proof marijuana has never killed anyone. ANd if you wish to make that claim... you better back it up with studies that are independent and not funded by, taken by, or influuenced by drug users.

Because Even Water... will kill you.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2011, 05:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    It causes cancer.....
    Hello again, smoothy:

I see you offer NO proof whatsoever except your flapping gums...

excon
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Mar 7, 2011, 05:19 PM

THIS IS WAY OFF TOPIC.

Take the discussion of cannibis to another board.

On THIS thread, can we please stick to the LEGAL options the OP has regarding stopping her ex's mother from smoking pot around her child?
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2011, 05:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnen View Post
    On THIS thread, can we please stick to the LEGAL options the OP has
    Hello again, Synn:

The legal options aren't always the best options. We're not robots here.

excon
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Mar 7, 2011, 05:33 PM

Excon,

I know that---but this is on the LEGAL boards

It'll end up closed if we don't stay on topic and answer the OP rather than debating with each other.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2011, 05:43 PM
    Hello again, smoothy:

I see you offer NO proof whatsoever except your flapping gums...

excon
    You started it ex... The Federal law is on the Books... prove it isn't. And Prove a Federal law doesn't pre-empt all lower laws. Anything else is immaterial. And we are talking Children's welfare here... CPS WILL take thse kids when they become aware of the situation. As well they should. No kids should be in a house with guardians who have substance abuse issues of any kind.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 7, 2011, 07:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    1) Take any concerns you have about your son and where your ex takes him back to Family Court.

2) Your worries about his mother and her children need to be left to him and his relatives.
    ** I edited the quote by adding numbered lines so this will be easier to follow. **

1) You got this part right. These concerns need to be taken up in a courtroom. Where you didn't get it is that if the child/children are in immediate danger then you must act in the best interest of the child. Its not about waiting for a judge. Even exparte orders take time.

2) You got this part wrong. As stated by the OP their child is around the person of concern. That raises the red flag and is automatic to having the OP involved in the situation. So its not just kept in the ex's family. Its up to the OP to act responsibly.

Quote Originally Posted by baybgirl1993 View Post
    My ex-partners mother smokes around 30 cannbis joints a day. She has 4 children under 5 and I am worried about their welfare. She chooses to buy her drugs instead of things for them. Also,I am worried when my partner takes our son to see her - she is a bad role-model for him. Should I report her to social services or am I overreacting? And should I stop my son seeing her?

As far as the OP is concerned there is a direct responsibility to act even if not involved in illegal drugs. If the person doing the consuming is to be left with the child it would be irresponsible paranting to allow it. A court would act on that point alone. Impaired is impaired. The Op has every right to restrict such behavior around their child.

To OP: Act accordingly. Be responsible for your child. If your child is being put in danger or at risk then its up to you to change that situation. As far as the other children involved in this matter if the drugs are knowingly illegal then you must act as a responsible citizen or be culpable for any actions that occur from knowing what's going on.
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 7, 2011, 07:59 PM
    Hello b:

She may not be a very good mother, but it's not because she smokes pot. Having her children split up, put in foster care, and her being prosecuted are FARRRR worse than smoking pot.

excon
    Here is where we part ways. If a person is on drugs of any kind for medical reasons or recreational use then so be it. But if the drugs are abused then maybe it might be best to have a wake up call rather then steal the childhoods completely away from the kids. It is mentioned by the OP that they are buying drugs rather then buying needed items for the household. If that is the case and abuse is occurring then its time for intervention.
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2011, 08:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    If that is the case and abuse is occuring then its time for intervention.
    Hello again, dad:

There's no parting of the ways. I have no problem with an intervention... That's distinctly different than snitching on them... Or, did you mean what I hope you didn't mean?

excon
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 7, 2011, 08:13 PM
    Hello again, dad:

There's no parting of the ways. I have no problem with an intervention... That's distinctly different than snitching on them... Or, did you mean what I hope you didn't mean?

excon
    What I mean is whatever it takes to correct the situation. If the person doesn't allow for voluntary intervention then other steps may have to be taken for their and everyone's good. Its sad but sometimes that is what it takes to correct a bad situation.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 8, 2011, 02:48 AM
    The reason I took this 'story' with only a few grains of salt from the get go is that I don't believe that the grandma can AFFORD 30 JOINTS A DAY UNLESS SHE'S GROWING IT HERSELF. Do you know how much you get for say $50 these days? Not even close to enough for 30. But even at 50/day, that's $1500 month.
    I don't believe that OP has ever seen grandma smoke anything 30 times a day.
    Her question about turning grandma in, I believe called for an opinion, and it was and still is my opinion that the ex, grandma's son, should be the one getting the facts straight before calling the cops.

I got negged for that, and negged back. First time I've done so, and it was justified.
    !!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Quitting cannabis [ 8 Answers ]

I have been a cannabis user off and on for the last 15years. If I'm honest more on than off. For probably the last 3 years I have smoked cannabis every evening. I never smoke during the day only in the evenings. For a long time now I have wanted to quit and wake every morning feeling groggy but...

My grandmother has a large estate which she left to her two children. The Will states [ 3 Answers ]

My grandmother has a large estate which she left to her two children. The Will states the following "I direct that all my residuary estate be divided into as many equal shares as there are children of mine then living and then deceased by living descendants then living and I leave one share to each...

Father in trouble, danger to my children [ 1 Answers ]

My ex-husband has been in trouble recently for making meth. In his home and around my children. He has been out of jail for about 2 months now and has had no contact with my children. He hasn't tried calling or seeing them, I am trying for sole custody now, how long do I have to wait to file...

How do I get rid of cannabis? [ 3 Answers ]

How long will it take to get cannabis out of my body? I don't smoke it much, once every couple of weeks, but I have to have a drugs test for a job how can I get it out of my system more quick?

I think my step children are in danger [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Oklahoma. My husband and his ex wife have joint custody of their two children 3 and 6 years old. The children are starting to have bruises on their backs and bottoms. The 6 year old says that she doesn't know where she got them from but my husband and I suspect the mother is taking her...

View more questions Search