Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gado1701 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2007, 07:19 PM
    80's HBO animated short
    Does anyone remember or can you tell me where I can find the animated short that was on HBO in the 80's about the Italian sounding guy who kept asking "eh, who is it?" and it turns out he was in an egg? I appreciate all the help.
    Jhadious Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2007, 08:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gado1701
    does anyone remember or can you tell me where I can find the animated short that was on HBO in the 80's about the Italian sounding guy who kept asking "eh, who is it?" and it turns out he was in an egg? i appreciate all the help.
    Omg someone else remembers these shorts... I wish I could remember their names as well sorry I'm not of much help, I'm trying to find the one where the kid kept looking in the toilet saying "there's a cockaboody(sp) in my toilet!" or where the man gets attacked by the reels of film.

Jhadious
    librat873 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2009, 09:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhadious View Post
    omg someone else remembers these shorts.... i wish i could remember their names as well sorry im not of much help, i'm trying to find the one where the kid kept looking in the toilet saying "there's a cockaboody(sp) in my toilet!" or where the man gets attacked by the reels of film.

Jhadious
    Holy cow. I have been searching the last few days you are the first person I have ever found who knows about "cockaboody" my sister and I still say it. I have been looking as well please let me know if you find anything. I even emailed HBO
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

Apr 7, 2009, 08:14 PM

Cockaboody: YouTube - Cockaboody - 1973
    Flesh Eating Film Reels: YouTube - Recorded Live - Flesh Eating Film Reels (1975)
    rdavid7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2010, 05:41 AM
    Looking for an hbo short animated I believe it's called time to run. Some alien looking person running in weird backgrounds to synthesized music I also believe the only lyrics are "time to run"
    straydog Posts: 898, Reputation: 210
    Movie Expert

Jan 20, 2010, 10:06 AM
    "does anyone remember or can you tell me where I can find the animated short that was on HBO in the 80's about the Italian sounding guy who kept asking "eh, who is it?" and it turns out he was in an egg? i appreciate all the help."

The Killing of an Egg

a.k.a. Ei om Zeep
    Cathy1999 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2010, 05:37 PM

This is not answer,but a related question. There was an animated short that featured a singing frock strolling through the country side strumming a guitar that I think was on HBO during the late 70's or early 80's? Would anyone know that video/short? Thank you.
    Cathy1999 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2010, 05:38 PM
    I meant frog... sorry about the typo
    straydog Posts: 898, Reputation: 210
    Movie Expert

Feb 1, 2010, 06:29 PM

Try,.

The Butterfly Ball
    Love is All
    help_maby Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2010, 11:33 PM
    Not a answer but a question as well,. it's been bugging me for months, I can see it in my mind and for the life of me haven't had any luck finding it. It's about these 2 blob looking things playing music on your noses and it's some sort of fuzion jazz I think. And they music mattle, and end up joining togetehr to form a wicked new sound. Loved it as a kid,. Any help would be awsome. Anyone else know it?
    Synnastyr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2011, 09:57 AM
    I am looking for a short involving Da Vinci and a blonde youth. One part was when the kid was posing for the Vitruvian Man he took a bit out of a clove of garlic. Da Vinci slapped him and was inspired by the caroonishly spinning head to draw his helicopter design.

Another one is of a butterfly hunter who sees the largest butterfly in the world and chases him to add to his collection. At the end the hunter was tricked by the butterfly and was added to the butterflies colletion of hunters.

If I can help any of you find yours while searching for mine I will be sure to post a link to it.
    Synnastyr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2011, 10:02 AM
    Comment on Synnastyr's post
    Did find out that the name of these things were typically advertised as HBO Short Takes. Though I don't actually remember this it may help some of you others out.
    Ahsirti Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2011, 08:17 AM
    I'm looking for the HBO short with a kid and an ostrich I think, and the kid kept saying.. "but I want to dig the hole".. I believe is was in pencil. Anyone remember this?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

80's sci-fi HBO/Showtime etc... Title [ 5 Answers ]

I'm looking for a sci-fi movie from the early 80's that was about some kind of brainwashing or hypnosis. There were these guns that flashed the victim into some type of hypnosis state temporarily. Also, there was mind control in advertising. Please help if you can!! Thanks!

80's movie that was always on hbo [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me the title of this movie that was always on HBO in the mid 80's. It was about a rebel kid who was picked on. Some people eventually chased him into some woods or small island, and he defended himself by throwing sticks of dynamite. I remember he had blonde hair and his name might...

Animated short named Swamp(?) [ 1 Answers ]

I remember at least 5 years ago on some public television station I saw an animated short that I'm almost certain was named Swamp. From what I remember it looked like stop-motion with paper cutouts or shadows. It focused around a battle between slender dark figures on horseback, there was a...

HBO fantasy film from the 80's [ 3 Answers ]

I'd love to know the name of this film: I used to watch it as a kid, so it would have been in the mid- or late- 80's. I don't know if it was a made-for-HBO movie, or just one of the films they'd show over and over again, but it seemed to be set in medieval times -- there was a labyrnthian,...

Help WIth an 80's HBO Cartoon Movie [ 1 Answers ]

The movie I remember was a cartoon Japanese style movie. I remember seeing it on HBO almost 17 to 18 years ago. At the beginning there was a mother pegasus on a cloud with her babies. Soemehow one of the babies ended up on earth where he came to a young woman and believe there was a black cat....

View more questions Search