Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MrRRFIV Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2011, 11:36 AM
    Causes of Open Limit Switch Fault?
    I have a brand new Gibson (Nordyne KG7SK-072C-24B) Gas Furnace that was just installed two days ago.

After less than 24 hours, it stopped providing any heat, but instead blows only cold air. The blower will not shut off unless I turn off the electrical disconnect for the entire system.

The supply side has a brand new filter, and does not appear to be blocked.

The AC coils were cleaned during installation; the air flow out of the vents seems normal, and none of my vents are blocked.

There does not appear to be any blockage in the exhaust vent system.

What are the other possible causes of this?
    kimck99 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2011, 09:43 PM
    Hi

I don't have an answer but I have the Nordyne Kelvinator (which I can't figure out what the model number is) and have the same symptons you described. My furnace is approximately 2 years old and after the first month it did just that. Today, it happened again. What was common about this was that it happens when the power goes out or when the power fluctuates.

So, reading through the manual - which is/was difficult to decipher - the light indicator appears to indicate that it is an Open Limit Switch Fault. So searching found your question. Hopefully, someone will answer soon.. . Crossing fingers.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Led says open limit switch [ 9 Answers ]

I'm sorry but I don't know what brand of furnace I have. so here's the problem... a couple of days ago I noticed my furnace was blowing cold air so I went to check to see if the pilot was out... well I have and automatic ignitor. So I carefully followed the instructions for resetting the furnace....

Goodman Open Limit Switch [ 10 Answers ]

I have a Goodman GDS80904BNA downflow furnace that does not work. It is 3 years old. I am getting the open limit switch error code on the circuit board when the T-stat call for heat. Only the circ. Blower turns on and rans continuously until I turn it off. Here is a little history on it. Once...

Rheem XE 80 "high temp limit switch" fault [ 1 Answers ]

On my Rheem XE 80 downdraft gas furnace, I'm getting intermittent heat. Getting error code of 4 blinks on the single red LED, which means "high temp limit open". The purge fan has been cleaned (it was very dirty) and the vacuum line to the vacuum switch is not plugged. Vacuum switch itselfs...

Open limit switch needs reset? [ 0 Answers ]

Unit is not blowing hot air. The red light indicater is indicating the limit switch is open. Is there a way to reset or test the switch or will it need replacing?The unit is a Auto ignition Furnaces G8C/FG8 series. Installed almost 8 yrs ago. Your prompt attention will greatly be appreciated. I in...

Open limit switch [ 2 Answers ]

Where can I find this on my furnace

View more questions Search