Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 13, 2010, 05:12 PM

planetnoise,

I know what's ringing in my head while you're still answering telephones and door bells that aren't there. It's all in your head my friend! Goods luck, Tom
    noiseinmyhead Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2010, 12:53 PM
    I find it amazing that there are others having this problem but unfortunately I have nothing new to contribute. I'm wondering if China is digging a hole to America...
    I shut off the DVR's and computers and external drives. They make a lot of humming noise.
    I shut off the electricity, because pool timer and electric meter spin and could easily have been the cause, but not.
    I shut off the plumbing at the street. I was surprised to find that for a few minutes I still had water running out of a hose but finally it stopped - but not the noise.
    I was curious about the high wires noise. I seem to recall noticing that in one place where I used to hike.
    But on my street there's buried electric. I would assume that can't be High Voltage, but maybe someone knows if that's not the case. I guess I could check in my neighbor's house to see if there's a similar
    Sound.
    I wish it were possible to talk about this with people without having them think I'm crazy...

I thought maybe wind on a pipe, but it is so steady. It is like 5 seconds long then pause for a second
    Then resume.
    RIB123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2010, 11:14 PM
    Seems like we have a little bit of a theme going on here. I am experiencing the same phenomena, had assumed it was the furnace circulating pump - a low frequency almost 'roar'. Thing is, it feels like its not just a 'sound' - I can actually feel the vibration in my 'bones' - kind of variation on what you might feel beside a huge speaker, but definitely subtler. So we turned off the power in the house, and with it the furnace circulating pump and I was surprised to find it unchange. I went outside, and interestingly enough, found that the sound is also outside, only it feels fainter.

When I came back inside, I decided to do an internet search and found this page. As I sit in the quiet of my home, far from traffic and any kind of street or industrial activity, I not only hear-but feel the vibration. How odd. I know its been going on for a few weeks at least-seemingly sometimes more noticeable (and a little unsettling) than others.

Wondering if anyone has any further insight-internet search didn't seem to turn up anything - aside from this handful of people who seemingly experience the same thing...

Thanks for your response - Richard
    dazeyfields Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2010, 07:04 PM
    I live in the country... very rural area. It was shocking to me when I first discovered this. I haven't lived here long... one day when there were no noise making things on (last summer), I realized that I heard this humming, vibration and felt it in my jaw by my lower ear. It's like nothing else I have ever heard. It was draining me. It's exhausting. I've been going through this for months now. I searched the house, the yard... I was like a detective. I actually would pull into the driveway and after getting out of my car I stand there and hear/feel it loud and clear.

I ask people who come to visit me. "Do you hear that?" Only one other person experiences this... actually there are two others, but I'm not sure they are really experiencing the same thing... it is very low and pulsating... I read somewhere that a small percentage of people can hear/feel this.

I am very sensitive and have a high level of hearing from a lifetime of being a professional musician... (now a writer... in the world of quiet... at least until recently)...

I sleep with a fan... During the day I have to have music on or something. When you block your ears you can still sense it... it isn't fluid in the ear or anything. If I have nothing on to block out the noise, it bothers me. I believe that it goes against my own natural vibration or Megahertz... forgive me for my unscientific language, I am a writer, artist, musician... not scientist... This is bringing me down and causing me to feel completely drained and somewhat depressed.

I have a theory about this... and it has to do with ELF Towers... (all over the place)... look up the Woodpecker Frequency and HAARP.

Who knows. Maybe it's all of the granite where I live... I don't know... maybe it's all of the wireless devices and electro magnetic fields everywhere...
    It is annoying and real. My son... who also hears/feels this is working with me to use this energy in a positive way, as he sees my negative response.
    At least it has lessened during the winter months... it seems to be lessened.
    I also live a few miles away from power lines. Maybe that's it.
    It's unpleasant and definite. I don't need validation, there is no question as to what I am experiencing. I just wish for it to cease, and to find the source, which is difficult as I am picking up on something that not everyone picks up on.
    Best Wishes... may we find peace and quiet in the true sense.
    Marigold
    Aggyk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2011, 06:39 PM
    Check out and see if the neighbour has a hot tub working, life is hell when they figure it's got to go 24/7, it may be silenced but it can vibrate and hum at a low frequency making life torture.
    noiseinmyhead Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2011, 07:39 PM
    I'm convinced my noise is caused by wind. I am going to get on my roof and try a temporary fix where I tape some sheet metal onto the stack vents - if that stops it then I'll get stack vent tops somewhere...
    I was convinced on a day where the winds completely died down - and I went back inside my house and could not here the usual sound at all.
    I use an air cleaner (fan) at night and it creates a competing sound that allows me to relax and sleep fine.
    (thank goodness)
    dazeyfields Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2011, 06:53 PM

Be careful when you go on the roof...
    I have been away from my home for two weeks... Being away from the low frequency vibration has been heavenly... I am sleeping better, more relaxed, concentrating better... overall state of well being on an optimal level. I have to return next week... I will know for certain and immediately if this is a true health issue and go from there.
    I wish you all the best of luck... there is a fair amount of "dirty electricity" surrounding us on various levels... like I said... I am no scientist, but one does not have to be to comprehend vast changes in our environment.
    rojo1 Posts: 59, Reputation: 6

Mar 4, 2011, 07:36 PM
    Had a ice maker feed line that came in contact with the compressor pump in my fridge that transmitted
    A hum. Drove me crazy. As stated before isolation of parts of your system will find that little demon
    Thanks
    Rojo
    sandaura Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2011, 05:33 PM
    Hello,

We have been living with this awful noise for 5 years. Please contact us. Follow the link below.

Thanks
    Sandaura

http://sandaura.wordpress.com/2011/03/23/a-constant-non-stop-low-frequency-hum-heard-in-my-home/
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2011, 05:04 AM

Give details and we can help here, that's what this site is for.
    sandaura Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2011, 10:18 AM
    Comment on Stratmando's post
    Hi, I left a link that goes into detail to what the problem is we are experiencing, thanks
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2011, 03:37 PM

Saundra, I did go to the link, didn't see anything about your 5 year old problem, sorry if I missed it, You did have me go yo YOUR? Site? If you read the above Posts, it may help with what you may be trying to do, You are trying to redirect people there, I see no mention of you saying to go Here(AMHD) for some helpful info, Doesn't seem right?
    So, do you still have the noise problem?
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2011, 04:17 PM

Went there again in case I missed something. Still trying to figure your problem, if any, Did you even read the previous post?
    Did you learn anything, or did any info help?
    If not, can you please help these people as well, Thanks
    bloomer411 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2011, 09:34 AM

I am having the same problem... low humming, sometimes pulsing... not electrical, not plumbing... even hear it outside... I live in rural country... please help
    dwhnman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2012, 03:01 AM
    I believe it is being done on purpose, either some type of experimentation or drilling of some kind. The fact that it is being heard in more than one place leads me to believe that it is military in origin. It always starts at night, low vibrational humming noise that not everyone hears. Of the two others in the house only myself and my mother hear it. It is not natural and quiet disturbing. You are not crazy it is real and probably very threatining. What it is I do not know but it is annoying to say the least. Scary,What are they doing?
    dwhnman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2012, 03:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bloomer411 View Post
    I am having the same problem...low humming, sometimes pulsing...not electrical, not plumbing...even hear it outside...I live in rural country....please help
    It appears that this has been going on for quite sometime in different parts of the country, it's 2012 now and I just came to this rual North Carolina community from Hawaii. Never heard this kind of noise before, but then Honolulu is a big city and city noise probably covers it up. Sound experimentation comes to mind, military in origin and of course nobody is going to answer our question because it is being done on purpose, which appears to be sinister! Starts late at night and continues all night it is now 6am and it still going on. I do not expext that there will be truthful answers to the nagging problem!
    M-Z Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2012, 09:48 AM
    There is an episode of Northern Exposure where one of the characters thinks they are feeling Earthquakes all the time, but no one else does. It turns out she has a rare condition called Labyrinthitus.
    M-Z Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2012, 09:50 AM
    I would like to know what happens with this I am having the same symptom. Also other aches and pains more recently. Non-specific aches, and fatigue. I'm off to docs on Monday with a big list.
    jwierzba67 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2012, 07:49 PM
    http://www.topix.com/forum/city/livermore-ca/TC9EHJTCF0GDSOGQU... check this web site out.
    jwierzba67 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2012, 07:50 PM
    Low-frequency rumbling or humming sound day and night in Livermore, CA - Topix

Go and read this... interesting about houses built in 1960s regarding the humming of their electric meters causing the noise.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Loud vibration sound when toilet is flushed [ 4 Answers ]

There are 2 toliets in my building, one one the 1st floor, and the other directly above it on the second floor. When either toilet is flushed, a loud vibration sound is heard from the piping. Should I be concerned?

Vibration/Humming in 12x12 Vent [ 1 Answers ]

I've been noticing a vibration/humming noise coming from a 12x12 vent on the first floor of our home. The system is gas forced air and the noise only occurs when the heat has been on the last month. There was no noise this summer season when the cool air was running. It is a two-zone sysytem,...

Humming sound [ 3 Answers ]

Am 29 year old my ear there is always humming sound is coming and because of that I am very distrub also not listen properly. Please suggest what should I do ? Also suggest some medicine?

Humming/Vibration in duct when running A/C for a period [ 3 Answers ]

House is two years old. Once last summer, and now lately, when running the A/C a humming noise begins to come from what seems to be the ductwork on top of the furnace. The sound can be heard throughout the house, but the compressor outside seems fine. It takes several hours before the sound...

View more questions Search